Abu Garcia for sale *consider trading it for a comparable downrigger *

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Abu Garcia for sale *consider trading it for a comparable downrigger *

Post by Toni » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm

Berkley 8'6" IM7 A92-8-6M Medium-Lure 3/8-3/4 line 8-12 lb. SOLD

REEL SOLD
Ambassadeur Abu Garcia 5601C4 carries 12 lb 205 yds. left hand retrieve. Have box and paper work.

*I would consider trading it for a comparable downrigger for a 12 foot lake boat. *

sold
Attachments
rod_and_reel_resize_007.jpg
rod_and_reel_resize_007.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
rod_and_reel_resize_006.jpg
rod_and_reel_resize_006.jpg (78.93 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
rod_and_reel_resize_001.jpg
rod_and_reel_resize_001.jpg (93.17 KiB) Viewed 2507 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Abu Garcia for sale *consider trading it for a comparable downrigger *

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Toni, What are ya upgrading too?
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:23 pm

NOT! I admired the bait casters at the river. I gave it a try and truth to be told, I won't take the time to practice. It has never caught anything big. I used it trolling for kokane in the lake.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

hottshott206
Petty Officer

Post by hottshott206 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:44 pm

I'll buy just the reel if possible ?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Make an offer?

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:03 pm

would u take 30$ for the reel
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 pm

No maybe $60...

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Im not left handed or Id pick it up from ya cause Im bored right now.
More fish please!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:12 pm

flinginpooh wrote:Im not left handed or Id pick it up from ya cause Im bored right now.
You could get it and then you could practice and then you wouldn't be bored.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:20 pm

"Left Handed" reels are really made for those that fish right handed. Think about it, which hand do you cast and thumb the reel with? Why do you then switch hands and reel with your right hand? Is your left hand that worthless that you can't even turn the handle with it? My father is left handed and he casts with his left and retreives with his right. He thinks it cool that standard reels are made for lefties.

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:56 pm

G-Man wrote:"Left Handed" reels are really made for those that fish right handed. Think about it, which hand do you cast and thumb the reel with? Why do you then switch hands and reel with your right hand? Is your left hand that worthless that you can't even turn the handle with it? My father is left handed and he casts with his left and retreives with his right. He thinks it cool that standard reels are made for lefties.
I'm with G-man on this one. I have casters in both configurations, and after getting over the "mindset" of the "left-handed" reel, I find the left handed model more comfortable to fish with. And think that the average righthanded person is stronger in their right arm, So more power to fight that fish of a lifetime.
Nice looking set-up Toni.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 pm

g-man is right, I have always used left hand retrieve reels, doesn't makes sense to cast with my right the switch over to my left hand and then reel with the right.

Good luck on the sale

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 pm

if i didn't have two reels just like that i'd take it. That abu will last until 2030 if you care for it... (super simple reel). any saltwater usage? what year is that, '08, '09, '10?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:49 am

Rollin with Rolland wrote:if i didn't have two reels just like that i'd take it. That abu will last until 2030 if you care for it... (super simple reel). any saltwater usage? what year is that, '08, '09, '10?
I think 08. It has never been in salt and never had anything heavy on it but a weight trolling for kokanee. It has caught a few trout.
I still have the original box with the paper work for the reel. The hole in the cork was from the screw head from the way I stored it.

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 pm

G-Man wrote:"Left Handed" reels are really made for those that fish right handed. Think about it, which hand do you cast and thumb the reel with? Why do you then switch hands and reel with your right hand? Is your left hand that worthless that you can't even turn the handle with it? My father is left handed and he casts with his left and retreives with his right. He thinks it cool that standard reels are made for lefties.

boy I have had that argument numerous times with a buddy of mine, he says I fish left handed. I am right handed, I reel with my right hand, cast with right, hold pole with the left. and yes after I cast I switch hands but the pole is in my left hand by the time my line hits the water, it is all in one motion. During humpy season I practiced setting the hook and fighting fish both left handed and right handed and it is just more comfortable, better control, and my accuracy is better with pole in the left hand.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Rod sold...
Reel still for sale or trade

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Completely agree. I don't have a level wind reel yet, but when I get one, I want a "left" hand retrieve because it feels natural to me as I'm right handed....just doesn't make sense.

r.sok
Petty Officer

Post by r.sok » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Met up with Toni yesterday for the rod & since there isn't a feedback section I'd like to post here *thumbs up*
&
Just out of curiosity you wouldn't want to trade my okuma cr400 bait caster for your reel would you?

My handle is on the right side & I'm used to the left, thanks

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:02 pm

No, Richard. No more bait casters for me. I am sticking with the spinning.
I was going to tell you yesterday but you were so wet that I had made the decision to get a Pfueger trion for my ultra light trout rod.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Oh the epiphany I had when I finally realized it. A reel is designated right handed because whether your are right hand dominant or not, your right hand will turn the handle and the handle will be on the right side. The converse is also true. A left handed reel is described as such because the handle is on the left side of the reel and consequently, the angler's left hand will turn the handle.

This designation has nothing to do with your hand dominance as I learned. Being right-hand dominant myself, I just assumed a right handed casting reel was what I needed. It felt uncomfortable at first. I strongly prefer left handed reels as I should, but now can fish either way. Glad to see I wasn't alone in realizing the big oops in buying a right handed reel first. :cheers:

Toni, that is a nice looking C4. I'd keep it if I were you. As long as whatever you're tossing is fairly heavy, like 3/8 oz, those abu rounds are great reels.