Egg Cure for Small Skeins

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Egg Cure for Small Skeins

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks for all the inside information on the freezing smoked fish guys. I think other people picked up on those comments, also.

Now, I have some decent sized skeins from these 20" to 24" trout I saved. I haven't cured my own yet, but these look too nice to discard. How do I do a cure where I won't dry these small diameter (About 1" X 8" long) skeins out to where they are unusable?:rendeer:

Also, is there anyone from this site that lives in or close to Omak or Okanogan?:santa:

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Egg Cure for Small Skeins

Post by racfish » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:07 pm

I save my large trout eggs like what youre talking about. I drift with them. They really stay on the hook nicely. Pro Cure is what I would use or just freeze them fresh.Pro cure will candy coat them and keep them firm. I think Cutthroat eggs are very good bait and have done well in the past with them.All the eggs are good for bait even the smaller ones.Experiment around a lil. Dont use too much Pro-Cure cuz then they will get too hard. Theres my .02 worth.There are other methods but that is mine .
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Whew! For a while there I thought that you guyys were talking about eating egg skeins as this was posted in culinary delights.
Life's short - fish hard!

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey Wolverine, ever hear of trout caviar? Gotta be hardcore, or somethin'...............

There wasn't a fish nursery section.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Actually it's not bad. Wash in 100% brine then lightly pack in fine noniodized salt for a few days then enjoy! A nice cracker and a spot of sour cream......yyyyyyuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Truely a delight.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 pm

i will have to try that
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm with Bodo on this .I eat Mullet Roe,Carp Roe, Shad Roe,and Salmon Roe.Its all good if properly fixed.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

jeepman1984
Petty Officer

Post by jeepman1984 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 pm

I like to use my trout eggs and cure them with pro cure .The crappie cant get enough of them

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”