Please watch this with a open non political mind...

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishaholictaz
Admiral

Please watch this with a open non political mind...

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 pm

A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

jens
Commodore

RE:Please watch this with a open non political mind...

Post by jens » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Good stuff taz. I forwarded this clip to several friends of mine...
"One more......."

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:16 am

jens wrote: I forwarded this clip to several friends of mine...
That is what it is all about.:cheers:

Thanks Jens

TAZ
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Photo bucket

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:52 pm

I can't say I am a saint, but I am more aware now since I moved out of the city. Quite a lot of my friends have the worst attitude, worst habits, that it frustrates me to no end. I just hope this clip will reach out to some of them and then I hope they can make alterations in their lifestyles. Little things can add up.
"One more......."

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:06 pm

This goes to prove how bad our educational system is.

His logic sounds good, but only if you don't look/listen too closely.

His proposed worst cases if Global Warming is proven wrong and "all we have done is hurt the economy" is faulty. The damage to the Economy will be so great that it will create wars, create starvation, and in our day and time where we can destroy ourselves with the push of a button, it seems like his comments are, at best, childishly simplistic.

I propose an analogy:

A. I claim that if we don't stop breathing Oxygen we will use up all of the oxygen on the planet and all animals will die.
B. I claim that if I am right then we must stop breathing oxygen today - the worst that can happen is that some people will die.
C. I claim that if I am wrong, well at least all of the other animals will live and we will just have fewer people.

Problem, some of the fewer people may be you!

The evidence may be overwhelming that we are not able to consume all of the Oxygen by breathing it, but if I get grants to continue my research, why would I ever acknowledge that breathing Oxygen is a good thing?

I am disturbed by the responses given by fellow WL members above, not because I don't believe in your free speech or your right to believe what you wish, but because it appears that you have insufficient desire to search out the truth for yourselves.

Shame on all of you.

Buy the way, did you hear about the e-mails and interoffice memos just leaked from a major Climate Study College that clearly shows that they don’t believe in it either? I have not been following it closely, but Hannity, Beck, and Limbaugh have all been touching on it.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Anglinarcher wrote:This goes to prove how bad our educational system is.

His logic sounds good, but only if you don't look/listen too closely.

His proposed worst cases if Global Warming is proven wrong and "all we have done is hurt the economy" is faulty. The damage to the Economy will be so great that it will create wars, create starvation, and in our day and time where we can destroy ourselves with the push of a button, it seems like his comments are, at best, childishly simplistic.

I propose an analogy:

A. I claim that if we don't stop breathing Oxygen we will use up all of the oxygen on the planet and all animals will die.
B. I claim that if I am right then we must stop breathing oxygen today - the worst that can happen is that some people will die.
C. I claim that if I am wrong, well at least all of the other animals will live and we will just have fewer people.

The evidence may be overwhelming that we are not able to consume all of the Oxygen by breathing it, but if I get grants to continue my research, why would I ever acknowledge that breathing Oxygen is a good thing?

I am disturbed by the responses given by fellow WL members above, not because I don't believe in your free speech or your right to believe what you wish, but because it appears that you have insufficient desire to search out the truth for yourselves.

Shame on all of you.

Buy the way, did you hear about the e-mails and interoffice memos just leaked from A major Climate Study College that clearly shows that they don’t believe in it either? I have not been following it closely, but (Hannity, Beck, and Limbaugh)IDIOTS (Limbaugh was voted Field and Streams top enemy)have all been touching on it.

ROFLMAO.

He makes it simple for the general public but if you look into his rebuttals and other posts he goes deeper. Blowing this subject off and your attitude is what MAY or may not be our demise. I do know we are not being good stewards to the land or trying our best to be clean and unobtrusive. You definitely sound like the big oil companies down here that got to get that black gold and stomp or shame any that come in their way. (because what would happen if the oil companies couldn't pad their pockets:dwarf: ). I just got to tell you AA that sportsman better get behind this green movement to preserve their water/woodlands.... Why fight leaving a smaller softer imprint on the environment?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photo bucket

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Anglinarcher wrote:This goes to prove how bad our educational system is.

Shame on all of you.
Whoa! It is not appropriate to enter into a civil conversation on this forum and state that you are disturbed when others express their opinions and say "Shame on you". I do believe that an apology is in order.......

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:
Whoa! It is not appropriate to enter into a civil conversation on this forum and state that you are disturbed when others express their opinions and say "Shame on you". I do believe that an apology is in order.......
Thank you Marc This is why WL will still be around for years to come.:cheers:
Photo bucket

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:29 am

oops somehow double posted
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:30 am

Either way, this movement has a strong backing in financial gains. No matter which way it goes, someone stands to earn a profit. Oil Companies or Alternative Fuel - someone is going to make money from this. It's also a pretty good point that researchers would manipulate data to keep their funding rolling in.

How long did it take scientists to put a man on the moon?
How long did it take scientists to make a nuclear bomb?

Why is it taking so long to present definite proof of us having an impact on climate?
Why don't they ever explain the medievil warming period?
Why don't they ever talk about the fact that long-term views show that we're actually in an ice age?

Why are there now reports that NASA is hiding their raw data on climate change?

There is NO question that pollution isn't good for the environment - but there are plenty of reasons to beleive global warming is false.

Either way, AA's and Fish's comments cross the border of being civil
Lee

ZaraSpook
Petty Officer

Post by ZaraSpook » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:12 am

A quote from Obama, "under my Cap & Trade plan, energy prices would necessarily skyrocket" Now who in their right mind would support such nonsense? especially while in a recession..........cmon people

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:41 am

With all the talk about the oil companies, here are Exxon's and Chevron's position on Climate Change:

http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/new ... ction.aspx
http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/ene ... views.aspx

http://www.chevron.com/globalissues/cli ... al_warming

For those who choose to read more on the subject based on the leading scientists from around the world, you can go to the following website.

http://www.ipcc.ch/index.htm

I am SO glad that the skeptics of Louis Pasteur didn't win out. Conclusions drawn from stolen emails is not viewing the entire picture.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:00 am

[quote="Anglinarcher"]

Shame on all of you.

Shame on you. Really. Clearly this subject hit a nerve with you, but to call us out like that? :scratch:
"One more......."

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:40 pm

I didn't watch the link.

Anglinarcher, how you gonna put folks on blast for "searching out the truth" and then cite Hannity, Beck, and Rush? And not to mention every thought you post on this board follows your conservative party lines to 'T'. That's some serious pot and kettle ish. SMH
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:02 pm

So much for watching the video with an open mind I gather from some of the replies. I certainly found it enjoyable and informative and I thank you for posting it.

One angle I ponder is what do the folks who believe we need to act really stand to gain? It is obvious that captains of industry and those they own in congress stand to be hurt by action, but where is the motive on the other side?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:26 pm

reigndawgs wrote:So much for watching the video with an open mind I gather from some of the replies. I certainly found it enjoyable and informative and I thank you for posting it.

One angle I ponder is what do the folks who believe we need to act really stand to gain? It is obvious that captains of industry and those they own in congress stand to be hurt by action, but where is the motive on the other side?
ask Al Gore. The guy has become filthy rich off global warming. Like bionic one said, either side stands to profit in the trillions of dollars. It's high stakes world ecomony-busting money we are talking about. Whatever position you believe in money is at the heart of the matter. May be cynical, and I'm not saying there aren't a lot of dedicated people on either side of the issue that aren't looking to profit from it. But there are also a LOT of people that stand to make (and have made) huge sums of money.

Including climate scientists who feel it's OK to fudge, fake, and cook the research while surpressing contary research, which is the heart of the current controversy.

And as Marc and Jens said, let's keep it civil out there. :cheese:

BTW, here's the kind of money Al makes off gobal warming. 100,000 Dollar Man - per speaking engagement that is.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Well, so much for the posters request to "Please watch this with a open non political mind..." :-"

In comparison, Rush, based on his annual salary of 34 million a year, makes $130,769.23 each day saying global warming is a lie. Not bad for a guy with only a high school diploma.............sorry, couldn't resist. :-#
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 pm

fair enough, but I wasn't addressing the video, I was addressing hidden motivations for people who seemingly don't have any. The difference between Rush and Al is that we know Rush is a political comentator and entertainer and thus his motives are clear, vrs. Al who presents himself as on a "crusade" to save the world while becoming filthy rich off his endevors. I question the honesty of his positions.

sorry for the thread hijack. I actually could only watch about half the video until the presentor's attitude got to me. Too I don't know, glib?
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:48 am

Mike sorry too hurt your feelings but this is America and someone will always be making money. :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Photo bucket

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:29 am

money is the motivater in every polictical decision, show me where it isnt. The way i see all this is the world is in fact heating up. Now it maybe a cycle which i personally believe it is howwer i also believe we're actually making it happen at a faster rate. Ultimately, the changes that need to be made are for the benefit of the envionment, so shouldnt we not worry the money side of things and change it.
I didnt actually watch the email link im just jumping on what seems like a global warming debate here those for and against. Both sides are making money on fear and necessity of the worlds population.
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone