Minter Creek

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Minter Creek

Post by anakpinoy4 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:43 am

Oh boy... I haven't been out there, but has anyone been to Minter Creek yet? From my experience from last year, this is the definition of combat fishing. I read a report from Chico Creek where the chums were thick in the water. Just curious to know if Minter is the same?

wolverine
Captain

RE:Minter Creek

Post by wolverine » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Any of the Kitsap chum creeks or the canal streamsare going to be mobbed with "fishermen". Minter usually comes on a week or two after Chico, Kennedy, mud bay, or Hoodsport.
Life's short - fish hard!

anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Post by anakpinoy4 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:05 pm

I just got back from scouting Minter. Not many people at the high tide around 4:30PM and not a lot of fish. They are there just not thick. I'd definitely give it a week or two.

Big Smooth
Petty Officer

Post by Big Smooth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:42 am

Were there a whole bunch of people? I'd rather take my shot at a few fish then brave those crowds. last year I seen two people with fly rods fishing minter by the bridge....that was dumb. There was/is no room for that there during the peek run...
I like it when I can call it Catching!

anakpinoy4
Petty Officer

Post by anakpinoy4 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm

No there was not a lot of people. I showed up and there were 2 people in the water and 3 standing at the bridge kinda just waiting for them to catch fish before they decided to get in. I got in and another guy followed. One guy hooked into a fish about 10 mins later and people watching from the bridge ran to their cars, put on their waders and got in. I'd say about 8 people total. I was kinda surprised to see a guy with a baby on his back fishing for about 25 mins... It was cold and the baby didn't even have a hat on... But hey, who am I to judge the determination of a fisherman. I can only imagine that the combat fishing will get worse when the high tide starts coming around 2PM or 3PM when there is still light out. As of now the tides are getting later in the day and I'm not sure about glow balling at Minter...

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Ok I had been doing a little thinking on where I wanna go on monday. The skok was my first choice but it may be blown out. So I was thinkin maybe minter creek. But I never fished a creek or river that you had to watch the tides on. Is there good and bad times to go. And do you still fish it the same? Im a little lost when it comes to this style of fishin.
More fish please!

Big Smooth
Petty Officer

Post by Big Smooth » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Middle of High to Low tide is the best (for me). This puts all the fish in crowded areas. Under bushes, under the bridge and of course right outside the hatchery. Guys do well down by the bend when the fish are coming in. Avoid High tide though, the place is like a lake.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like it when I can call it Catching!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Where is Minter Creek? I dont think I have heard of it before this year. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well down there.

Jhuynh2
Petty Officer

Post by Jhuynh2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 pm

where is minter creek and how do you get there?

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Do a Google Maps search for "Minter Creek" and you'll find it

justinrogers
Angler

Post by justinrogers » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:18 pm

use the GPS feature on river reports for minter. i don't know where to fish it once you get there though.
Keep your beer cold and your rod tips up!!!!!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:02 am

justinrogers wrote:use the GPS feature on river reports for minter. i don't know where to fish it once you get there though.

I did this and it put me in the Wenatchee National Forest. This is way too far east as Minter Creek is west, past the narrows bridge.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:58 pm

A google search will show you where the creek is at. I guess us newbs, were looking for directions to the fishing spot on Minter, not the actual creek.....

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 pm

gpc wrote:A google search will show you where the creek is at. I guess us newbs, were looking for directions to the fishing spot on Minter, not the actual creek.....

Yep. The creek is pretty small and hard to see on the google satellite map. I like to use it on the bigger rivers because one can see if there maybe parking along the road.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Jhuynh2
Petty Officer

Post by Jhuynh2 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:23 pm

hopefully I'll find it - thanks ya'll - fish on!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm

I have never been there.

justinrogers
Angler

Post by justinrogers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 pm

anytime you use the GPS feature it will put a big A in wenatchee forest. so zoom out and find the green arrow that will point you to the long/ lat cor of the creek or river. then look at the reports from all the yrs past and you will find where ppl fish it. i pretty much have used this method for every river i fish and usually always find a good spot to catch em.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:46 pm

Thank you, that worked. I wonder why it is like that?

justinrogers
Angler

Post by justinrogers » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:44 pm

i dunno it dooped me a couple of times. hopefully you can find where to fish i have never fished that place been hearing ALOT about it though. looks like a road right next to the hatch where the bridge is, is gonna be the best access point. someone correct me if i am wrong though.

flinginpooh
Captain

Post by flinginpooh » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Im working in bremerton tomorrow and was thinking of stopping by. What times should you try and fish here. It sounds like around 12 or so until before high tide? What is working best here colorwise and stuff? light weight or bobbers probably work best? I wish I had fished this style of creek before but first time for everything.
More fish please!