having trouble finding "fall bass"

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Trent Hale
Commander

RE:having trouble finding "fall bass"

Post by Trent Hale » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I find fish in the same areas on the bodys of water that I fish, be it spring summer or fall. They may move 100 feet or so up or down the bank but there still there. And ask your self what's deep for a bass 3 foot or 20 foot they will be where they find food so I would fish from the shore line to the deeper areas. Most fish that are caught in the HAWG HUNTER are in less than 5 feet of water. Out at Silver Lk I caught fish in 1 foot of water yesterday. Last week at another Lk in Kitsap the fish were still under the docks. So fish where it look like fish would be. Keep jigging !! and color is every thing.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

smoke14
Petty Officer

Post by smoke14 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm

It sure was a nice warm morning huh BC? Freezing water in the eyelets of the pole made for fun casting LOL. Hopefully spring hurry's and gets here because this fall fishing sucks.

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:05 pm

You guys are nuts. Later this week there's a big front moving in; the low overnight temps are going to go back up above freezing with highs in the upper 50s and rain. In other words absolutely perfect falling bassin' conditions. You can absolutely crush 'em this time of year and the average size is as good as it will be any other time of the year except maybe late spring during the pre-spawn. The pike are really active this time of year and you can catch the hell out of them too throwing the same reaction baits as you would for bass.

basschazer
Petty Officer

Post by basschazer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 pm

it doesnt matter to me. i will freeze all morning if someone says its good weather for bass. to be honest. i dont really switch up my game much through out the season. i do well fishing pretty much all the same areas from spawn to now. so i guess thats something i have to work on for next year. any who. i will be out next weekend. if smoke 14 says its too cold. then it looks like i have an open seat.
my bad.. i thought when you said "do whatever you want" you meant that it was cool i went fishing. maybe you shouldn't use sarcasm.

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:55 pm

You can't quit yet, fall is only a couple of weeks old. It has been no less predictable than the spring.....admit it. The only difference between now and spring is that the clock isn't ticking in the spring like it is now. I think we want it to happen worse now knowing that winter is so close. I think we are more patient in the spring because you know that time is on your side if it's not good today it will be better in a week. In a week from today that same water you fished last weekend could be frozen or close to it. I remember some unseasonably warm days in mid November last fall so it's not that surprising that we are have some unseasonably cold days in October this year. Next week it could be back into the 60's or even warmer and we could all end up with the 2 best weeks of the season before it actually gets cold. It aint cold yet.

smoke14
Petty Officer

Post by smoke14 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:41 pm

basschazer wrote:it doesnt matter to me. i will freeze all morning if someone says its good weather for bass. to be honest. i dont really switch up my game much through out the season. i do well fishing pretty much all the same areas from spawn to now. so i guess thats something i have to work on for next year. any who. i will be out next weekend. if smoke 14 says its too cold. then it looks like i have an open seat.

I wasn't the one wanting off the lake at 2:30 because I was cold that was you!! Its not the cold its the lack of fish that I want spring to get here. It could be that we only fish Newman and Silver and we need to broaden our scope of lakes. Had a good friend at work fish Banks Saturday they caught **** loads of smallies.. Just a thought BC.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:43 pm

basschazer wrote:we fished from 5 to 23 ft. with barely a nibble most of the day. what depth are you fishing the spinnerbaits? maybe im not much of a cold weather bass catcher.
No worries..I'm not the best bass angler,I figure nothing beats time on the water and a little luck
helps too. The bass have been all over the lake(Kapowsin) I've been finding them in as shallow
of 2 feet to depths around 12feet. For the most part,they are still in the areas as they would be in
the summer. I did notice that they have been sitting outside lillypads and not so much in them
and also hanging close to downed logs. I've had some success yesterday by ripping a spinnerbait
criss/crossed over the submerged logs...I think they are using them as an ambush point but again...
I'm not much of an expert and your lakes may fish a bit diffirent but keep at it and I'm sure
you can unlock some secrets. This is what worked for me at Kapowsin...now with Silver Lake,that seemed
more like a ton of luck. I fished there for 4 days and fish were all over and biting but I never really
established a pattern. I'm sure if I was to go back there right now,I would be lucky to catch a perch:clown:

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:41 am

Desertcreek wrote:You can't quit yet, fall is only a couple of weeks old. It has been no less predictable than the spring.....admit it. The only difference between now and spring is that the clock isn't ticking in the spring like it is now. I think we want it to happen worse now knowing that winter is so close. I think we are more patient in the spring because you know that time is on your side if it's not good today it will be better in a week. In a week from today that same water you fished last weekend could be frozen or close to it. I remember some unseasonably warm days in mid November last fall so it's not that surprising that we are have some unseasonably cold days in October this year. Next week it could be back into the 60's or even warmer and we could all end up with the 2 best weeks of the season before it actually gets cold. It aint cold yet.
I feel ya DC , im soo okay with the conditions thus far (except high pressure days).. Those fish are still biting and you know just like i do that this is "trophey time" over the next 30days !! For those who are having a tuff go on the water , DC hit the nail on head in regards to reminding yourself that this time of year is simular to spring ..Stay at it and stay confident ! I see ya out there BB & BF !! I see ya out there Sparky & B-n-G !! ..fish hard eveytime period!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:25 am

smoke14 wrote:
basschazer wrote:it doesnt matter to me. i will freeze all morning if someone says its good weather for bass. to be honest. i dont really switch up my game much through out the season. i do well fishing pretty much all the same areas from spawn to now. so i guess thats something i have to work on for next year. any who. i will be out next weekend. if smoke 14 says its too cold. then it looks like i have an open seat.

I wasn't the one wanting off the lake at 2:30 because I was cold that was you!! Its not the cold its the lack of fish that I want spring to get here. It could be that we only fish Newman and Silver and we need to broaden our scope of lakes. Had a good friend at work fish Banks Saturday they caught **** loads of smallies.. Just a thought BC.
You are on to something Smoke. Broadening your horizons of lakes is great idea regardless of the bite. I know guys around town (Spokane) that only fish one or two lakes. Every fisherman should do what makes them happy and if fishing the same lakes all year does that then stay with that program.

I have found that when I get stuck fishing the same bodies too much the few skills I have get stale. I think we would all benefit from fishing as many different bodies as our schedules and budget will allow. There are definitely lakes around the state that fit my preferred style of fishing better than others but the only way to discover that is to fish them.

bass chazer10
Angler

Post by bass chazer10 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am

its not that i only want to fish newman and silver. silver is great because its 5 minutes from the house. newman is good because the wind is usually more manageble there. i love long too. but my boat isnt built for those windy days. im down to go anywhere. we are creatures of habit. i like sticking with what i know. hey smoke we are going to banks wed. im getting that topo map from a friend. if he remembers. so it should be good. he told me a place to launch but i forgot. i will write it down. he said its near devils punch bowl. if you werent such a baby we could stay the night out there. oh yeah i only wanted to go because the fishing was terrible and the wind wasnt much help and the wife wouldnt leave me alone. ive seen you have those days. remember. i do what i want.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.