Goin to the river, gonna catch a Coho.....

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishermom
Petty Officer

Goin to the river, gonna catch a Coho.....

Post by fishermom » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:47 pm

The only question is what river, and how to catch one? I've caught more than my share of humpies, and am becoming OBSESSED with catching a Silver.

Online they say that the best chance is with lil corkies and yarn, so studied up today on how to tie an egg-knot for the best presentation. In fact, I tied some for my next trip, probably tomorrow. I've got lots of back up, everything suggested here. Got eggs from my humpies, Dick nites, spoons, wiggly warts, and the whole arsenal. This is WAR, and I'm prepared.

So any other suggestions as to what river, or any tricks?
Fish like this is your last day on earth, conserve like you will live 1000 years.

curado
Admiral

RE:Goin to the river, gonna catch a Coho.....

Post by curado » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:12 pm

add these colors: chartruce,orange, black,pink,purple of yarn to those egg loops killer combo. these two came off of a chartruse yarnie from the wallace river last year
Attachments
random_pics_143_Medium.jpg
random_pics_143_Medium.jpg (142.75 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Well, I have heard good reports come out of the skagit, but the green has a few as well.

I would pretie all your corkie and yarn set ups and bring extra with you. Musch easier to just grab a pretie and continue fishing. I go with at least 12 already to go.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm

always pretie 10+ setups like scot said buy a couple pips boxes
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. I've caught two silvers in my life and they were caught fishing for chum and steelhead. This year, I've been targeting them with no success. The only positive thing is that I haven't seen anyone else with success.

I've been fishing the snohomish and sky, I've seen them jumping around, but there not interested. I'm hoping next weeks rains will pick up the bite!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Try hootchie spinners or 50/50 spoons. Deadly for fall coho.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I shall be at the Carbon trying to get some silver tomorrow morning. I will be using small corkies and longer leaders than I usually do. May be 4-5 foot. I also have eggs to use. Last night I tied up 15 hooks with an egg loop knot.
The Carbon is very low and becoming clear.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.