Question about fish and game ticket!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
aTrOcIoUs
Petty Officer

RE:Question about fish and game ticket!

Post by aTrOcIoUs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Actually u are a nitwit i said im expecting on getting one. probably 2 cause she pissed that ranger off hardcore. enough said tho i dont play into childrens games on the internet. i learned my lesson your mouth will teach you one in due time young grass hopper.

daniesea
Petty Officer

Post by daniesea » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Gringo and Jen you are right, there is no need to bash any ethinc groups. There is always going to be bad apples in the basket, regardless of race, age, sex. If we all just do our own part to follow the rules, hopefully we can make a difference. Poachers will get caught sooner or later.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 am

RaMcVey wrote:Interesting how a "I was to far up stream and got a ticket" thread turns into a "Racial Profiling" thread.

Most of the people that I know, that I would consider as people who suck... for various reasons... are all the same race as me. Caucasion.
No kidding!!!! Wake up and read all the posts. No one was bashing any "special sub group" of our populace. KCC was having a special sensitive moment, thinking I was bashing women when I was bashing the behavior.

Come On Kiddies, Get a Grip, Grow Some Skin, It's An Internet Forum. This Is A Very Benign Forum Kiddies, Watch Where You Go.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

fishermom
Petty Officer

Post by fishermom » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 pm

I gotta agree with Dave. And I'm always happy to see the warden's checking. Maybe because I'm from southern Cali, where there are no salmon. We get some fresh fillets flown in once a year and they cost $12.00 for a tiny piece.

You in the PNW are blessed by nature to have such wonderful fishing, and I'm enjoying it everyday. When I first saw the reg book, I almost fell over dead, because it is so complicated. However I carry it with me to be sure to follow the rules.

As for women opening their mouths, I'm sure the wife was just having a bad day. I give her credit for going fishing with her man.
Fish like this is your last day on earth, conserve like you will live 1000 years.

aTrOcIoUs
Petty Officer

Post by aTrOcIoUs » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Actually we have a great time fishing together and as stated it was her time of the month and she was extra sensitive. that does not condone asking a game warden WHO THE HELL ARE YOU! lol we will continue fishing together and having fun. even if given a ticket i will just read the reg book instead of thinking that if there are 15 people out there it must be ok to fish there. it is just as much my fault as hers since i am the more experienced person when it comes to fishing and the guidelines. and yes she did point that out and make me feel like a moron hehe.

furthermore when u start a conversation with those asians indians etc someones feelings are bound to get hurt due to the world today. its alot easier saying that guy in blue or that guy with waders. when race comes into the sentence it starts a dividing line where people take offence. i guess some people dont get what im saying. a perfect example was the way CRW decided to imply im a idiot cause i cant read a reg book instead of just stating. hey man u may be new to fishing check out this site get updates from the web and checkout the book more u will start understanding it a little more like i did when i started fishing. like i said tho some lessons are learned hard. i know from experience.

Tight lines and lets stay positive i like how mature most are acting and not calling names makes me wanna post more and stick around to fish with alot more from this site. Take it easy everyone.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 pm

:cheers:

EyeLikeFish
Angler

Post by EyeLikeFish » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I am sorry to hear what happened to you. Sometimes saying I didn't know to the enforcement officer just doesn't cut it. At least for me it didn't. I say you got off pretty easy till your wife started talking. Maybe my story will help you feel a little better because my warden was not as nice.

As for me, I got a ticket for using a barbed hook in area 11 Redondo Pier. I am not a salt fisherman but I got my license that same day and went to fish. I did read the regs before I fished and it doesn't say barbless in the area 11 section. I reread the book after I got the ticket. I had to read it like 4 or 5 times before I found it at the beginning of the marine section. Thats some 20 pages from where I was going to fish. I don't think most people read the beginning anyways. I thought it was like the lakes and rivers section where it says barbless or not by the section you are going to fish. I learned it the hard way and before I knew about this tricky rule I was already fishing. I believed that I followed all the rules at the time. Sure enough miss warden came to inspect my hook that same day and gave me a ticket. I was a little shocked and NO warning. I told her I honestly didn't even know the sound was barbless. I was nice and polite. She said she don't give out warnings anymore. I was using a size 10 hook catching shiners under the dock. I didn't intend on harming any of those precious fish she was telling me about other than shiners. I guess a size 10 hook doesn't count as a forage jig gear which could be barbed. Maybe if I had 3 more hooks on my line I would of been okay. But I wouldn't know because I don't usually fish the salt. Just my luck. So try not to be too down. I accepted the ticket because I was indeed using a barbed hook. Luckily the nice judge reduced it to $40 bucks. If you do get the ticket, the judge will usually reduce your ticket if you explain you case. Sometimes I just feel like going to all the piers and posting my own signs saying barbless hooks only. I hate the thought of other innocent fisherman following all the rules and get ticketed because they had a barbed hook. I don't like the salt and I never been back to the salt ever since. That was 4 years ago. Maybe someone could be nice and help post those signs up to help save others from getting a ticket from not so nice wardens.

So long story short. Just because you think you read and know all the rules doesn't mean you are okay. There is always something that could go wrong. Like everyone says, you have to almost be a lawyer to understand these rules. who knows what would of happen if I argued. I could of gotten a huge fine. LOL. luckly I was nice.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quickfish12
Petty Officer

Post by quickfish12 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:15 pm

This should be the end of this discussion I think. There is no reason to continue it.

phishphanatic
Angler

Post by phishphanatic » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:03 pm

If you do indeed get a ticket I would go to court and fight it! I was also stopped for fishing on the green before the salmon season opened what they are failing to realize is that is was open for steelhead. I fish the same for steelhead as i do coho ... corkies... so whatever!! i would fight it to the bitter end. I am surprised all these people that "read the regs" hasnt informed you the river was open to steelhead and other game fish!! that gamie is just being a dick if he sends u a ticket you should fight it and pie in his eye!!!!

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:43 am

The lower river was not open for anything. No need to sign up just to post false information.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:05 am

Jake Dogfish wrote:The lower river was not open for anything. No need to sign up just to post false information.
No need to bash a new member.......
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:51 am

When I was young and foolish I was fishing a creek that was not open yet.
The warden told me that I may get a ticket in the mail and I did.
I decided to fight it and went to court and it cost me $4.00 for court cost.
The judge told me that if the warden was going to write me a ticket he should have done it on the spot,not wait until he got home to do it. Now this was some years back but I would still fight it today.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

phishphanatic
Angler

Post by phishphanatic » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm

." i dont know this area all that well so i picked up 2 punch cards for salmon/steelhead and headed down toward one of the big bridges notice about 15people out there fishing so i figure hey im good." sounded like the 18- auburn black diamond rd bridges to me which until the 16th of september was open for steelhead and other game fish ... how do i know this because i was stopped and talked to by two female gamies i told them i wasnt targeting pinks they checked my punch card and license and only saw a bunch of coho and steelhead no pinks!!so i recieved no ticket... not posting false info...if i was wrong about where attrocious was fishing then i should have read more oh well get over it regardless i'd fight the ticket

phishphanatic
Angler

Post by phishphanatic » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Jake Dogfish wrote:The lower river was not open for anything. No need to sign up just to post false information.
what lower river do you speak of ?? i thought he was on the green?? lower green would be duwamish yes???

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 pm

yeah i believe so. read the reg before you fish that just my .02 cents or carry them with
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Phishphanatic, the area he was fishing (between highway 18 and 277th) was closed at that time to ALL fishing. It was open for steelhead above there and salmon below it. Welcome to Washington lakes I hope you find your stay informative.
Tim, I will continue to post in the same manner thank you for your constructive criticism of my posts. I made some posts in other threads perhaps you can look them over and critique them as well.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 am

Jake Dogfish wrote:.
Tim, I will continue to post in the same manner thank you for your constructive criticism of my posts. I made some posts in other threads perhaps you can look them over and critique them as well.
Will do and will reply in the same manner as I always do....(what you can critique others but can't take it huh...)
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

phishphanatic
Angler

Post by phishphanatic » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:13 am

I fish corrected then the area just above those bridges were open to steelhead and other game fish....

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am

quickfish12 wrote:This should be the end of this discussion I think. There is no reason to continue it.
agreed.
Attachments
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif (4.19 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big D

Post by Big D » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D