Lake Washington Perch?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

RE:Lake Washington Perch?

Post by Joe Heater » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:18 pm

That is wierd because I am in a lake that has consistent 20-40 feet of water and all the Perch I am finding are in 8-10 feet of water.
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:24 am

The perch were definetely out Sunday night, kept on running into them while bass fishing. Caught one that was close to 13 inches (Fat SOB). Just keep outside the weedline running 18' to 22'.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:39 pm

man i think im goin on a perch run soon - time for a fry!

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:10 pm

Went out on lk wa yesterday on a meat run - fished with mealworms and immediately got bit by a bunch of dinky perch and pumpkinseeds. Kept one dink to use as cutbait and ran to deeper water access and got some good 8~10" for the pan. I wish I had access to those 12~14" perch from shore somewhere though! The dinks were bait and bobber and the deeper guys I used a 2-hook dropshot setup w/ perchmeat.

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:12 am

bpm2000 wrote:Went out on lk wa yesterday on a meat run - fished with mealworms and immediately got bit by a bunch of dinky perch and pumpkinseeds. Kept one dink to use as cutbait and ran to deeper water access and got some good 8~10" for the pan. I wish I had access to those 12~14" perch from shore somewhere though! The dinks were bait and bobber and the deeper guys I used a 2-hook dropshot setup w/ perchmeat.
Are you off a boat? I've been fishing the docks off Lake Washington and Mercer Island. Mainly dinks, but once in a while, catch a "big" one, ~8". At least, big to me. Never seen them bigger than that.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:54 am

FishingFool wrote:
bpm2000 wrote:Went out on lk wa yesterday on a meat run - fished with mealworms and immediately got bit by a bunch of dinky perch and pumpkinseeds. Kept one dink to use as cutbait and ran to deeper water access and got some good 8~10" for the pan. I wish I had access to those 12~14" perch from shore somewhere though! The dinks were bait and bobber and the deeper guys I used a 2-hook dropshot setup w/ perchmeat.
Are you off a boat? I've been fishing the docks off Lake Washington and Mercer Island. Mainly dinks, but once in a while, catch a "big" one, ~8". At least, big to me. Never seen them bigger than that.
No. Shore fishing. If you are catching small perch try to find deeper water somewhere. The place I catch larger perch is where there is kind of a rock shelf and the water drops off deeper real fast. I've caught very few decent perch up shallow.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

bass-master
Angler

Post by bass-master » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:07 pm

tnj8222 wrote:coulon beach. the whole south end of lake wash is loaded. if you go by the ceder river inlet theres a boat and kayak rental building. cast out a worm on a bobber or just let it sit on the bottom. i promise you will catch one.
dude im there like everyday bass and panfish fishing, caught a few at the ivar's dock and do really well with a small jointed perch shad rap rapala burned under the surface catching warmouth, sunfish and SM bass, also do well on a perch color crazy charlie fly (on my spinning rod, too many people to haul out a 9' fly rod)

but i don't use live bait anymore (strict basser, love panfish fishing too, all C&R) but a worm with or with out a bobber will get perch and other panfish

good luck

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”