Upset

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
loucipher
Petty Officer

RE:Upset

Post by loucipher » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:39 pm

I found the picture on a facebook thread. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washingto ... 7286067596

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Anglinarcher wrote:
tnj8222 wrote:Man sometimes I just don't get some of you guys. has bass fishing really got to where we defend people for taking home a big bass? Sure its within the law, who cares? Since when do we not try to educate people? Tell them its better to take a few small fish and release the big ones. Bass fisherman promote c p r. Call me a wannabe Be biologist or whatever you want, but as far as bass go I catch and release and that is what I promot
You just don't get it. 25 years ago guys like you were saying something like "what has fishing gone to when you can't keep bass big enough to skin?" Education takes time, and extremes on either side are flat out wrong.

So, who cares, I do. I will stand by my position - let the kid enjoy his catch, and let him enjoy taking his trophy.

I'll bet the two of us would not make good fishing friends. If you think I am strong willed on the internet, you should see me in person.:-"

Now, as flippinfool said, let's go fishing.
This is the bad thing about internet I didn't fully explain myself. I wasn't talking about the kid keeping the fish. Its just funny how the new thing to say is, its legal. When I was 13 I kept a very big bass but it was gross. At 19 I kept another good bass. Then I was educated a little bit, on selective harvesting. Its way better to keep a limit of small fish, Than any big fish.

you are not the only one that speaks there mind, most bassfisherman do. Anyways if I would have took the time in my first post it would have came out different. Btw isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. I have read alot of your post. Do you happen to have a marine biology degree or similar?
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:17 pm

tnj8222 wrote:you are not the only one that speaks there mind, most bassfisherman do. Anyways if I would have took the time in my first post it would have came out different. Btw isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. I have read alot of your post. Do you happen to have a marine biology degree or similar?
Similar, double engineering degrees and one biology. No Marine part though.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:44 pm

The pic above was on a report. As I recall,their was some serious "heat" over it.

tnj- I totally agree, the text format of communication can easily be misunderstood.
Lord knows I've ticked a few people off,then when I went back and reread my post,though it
makes sense to me,I could easily see how it could be misinterpreted.

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Anglinarcher wrote:
I'll bet each and every one of you "kill the kid for taking the bass" guys

I feel like the attitude of this thread is more about trying to spread the education as opposed to flaming the kid for keeping it.
Anglinarcher wrote:
So, who cares, I do. I will stand by my position - let the kid enjoy his catch, and let him enjoy taking his trophy.

I'll bet the two of us would not make good fishing friends. If you think I am strong willed on the internet, you should see me in person.:-"
No one is raining on the kids parade and harassing him for keeping it.. I think everyone is just fuming that the education towards our sport hasn't reached everyone we'd like it to.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:45 am

Anglinarcher wrote:
tnj8222 wrote:you are not the only one that speaks there mind, most bassfisherman do. Anyways if I would have took the time in my first post it would have came out different. Btw isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. I have read alot of your post. Do you happen to have a marine biology degree or similar?

Ah so thats where the "I"m better and smarter then everyone else" attitude comes from. =P hUggZ . Dont get me wrong I like ya AA . Double engineering degree ? Can you make me a flying car ? An electric motor that runs on lemons ? Waaaiiiit a minute ,,,,, did you invent the singing bass ? "take me to the river , put me in the water " that was your invention huh ? Damn I feel so lucky to be graced by your presence.

lol just teasing . I cant help myself sometimes.

btw 25 years ago I used to see people leaving lakes with a stringer of 5 lunker LMB and they would continue to havest the lake until they would not catch many more. That was in south king county lakes where most lakes are about 40 acers or less. Losing one fish is nothing compared to the way it used to be. Too many worm and bobber fishermen/fisherwomen keep whatever they catch and more often then not they have no clue what the regs are or they just dont give a shiat about regs.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:09 pm

BucketMouthCatcher wrote:
Anglinarcher wrote:

Ah so thats where the "I"m better and smarter then everyone else" attitude comes from. =P hUggZ . Dont get me wrong I like ya AA . Double engineering degree ? Can you make me a flying car ? An electric motor that runs on lemons ? Waaaiiiit a minute ,,,,, did you invent the singing bass ? "take me to the river , put me in the water " that was your invention huh ? Damn I feel so lucky to be graced by your presence.

lol just teasing . I cant help myself sometimes
you might been teasing but you hit the nail on the head. Aa your still a good guy in my book no matter what all the pms I got said about you. Lol jk
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:36 pm

so what do bass taste like????......I do wonder how many bass guys eat the fish....also do bass have any natrual enemies?
Me personally "i catch and eat". My fav is cutt throat trout, if i caught a big one over 24inches id release it, id also release a native steelhead nop matter where i caught it from. There as been times out on lake sam ive limited and gave my neigbhours fish and kept two.
And ive just relealized ive hijacked this thread..sorry
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:29 pm

sickbayer wrote:
And ive just relealized ive hijacked this thread..sorry
One demerit for you....... ]

smoked1
Petty Officer

Post by smoked1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:18 am

That bass is a small price to pay for a 12 year old kid having the time of his life. That kid must have been in heaven when he got that fish. Not only that but given that he is just a kid he probably didn't even set the hook. The fish was probably hooked too deep to release anyway. You also have to consider that many people are in financial trouble right now. Perhaps that one fish helped a whole family eat better than they have in quite a while. Now I'm going out to try and catch and 8 pound Humpy!

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 pm

tnj8222 wrote:
Anglinarcher wrote: Similar, double engineering degrees and one biology. No Marine part though.

you might been teasing but you hit the nail on the head. Aa your still a good guy in my book no matter what all the pms I got said about you. Lol jk
You two guys are a real hoot, not too bright, but funny. You too could have applied yourself in school, if, maybe, you had pulled your head out of your...................... JK, couldn't help myself either.:-" :-#

I'm glad we can agree that having a little fun at each other's expense is OK.

Still, strange world we live in isn't it? I guy works hard, gives years of his life to better himself, and people that don't apply themselves think we have attitudes. I have a brother a lot like that. He somehow thinks the world owes him something, like just because he screwed his live up it is somehow someone elses fault.

Still, I'm sure you two guys did all of your homework, skipped the extra dates to study for the next test, took the advanced classes when you could have taken the easy ones instead, put the extra years in for post graduate degrees. I would be preaching to the choir to even suggest that anyone on this site should consider this.:-$

Now, back to fishing.#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 pm

You should tell your brother to join he seems like the fun one.
Anthony

DRGREENTHUMB
Angler

Post by DRGREENTHUMB » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 pm

kevinb wrote:The pic above was on a report. As I recall,their was some serious "heat" over it.

tnj- I totally agree, the text format of communication can easily be misunderstood.
Lord knows I've ticked a few people off,then when I went back and reread my post,though it
makes sense to me,I could easily see how it could be misinterpreted.
His name is Shane Storie i believe he fishes with the Capital City Bass Club..Go figure

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 pm

:-k

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Anglinarcher wrote:
tnj8222 wrote:

You two guys are a real hoot, not too bright, but funny. You too could have applied yourself in school, if, maybe, you had pulled your head out of your...................... JK, couldn't help myself either.:-" :-#

Still, strange world we live in isn't it? I guy works hard, gives years of his life to better himself, and people that don't apply themselves think we have attitudes. I have a brother a lot like that. He somehow thinks the world owes him something, like just because he screwed his live up it is somehow someone elses fault.

?? You have a crystal ball or something?? How would you know what I did or did not do in school ?? Lets just let you assume what you will. Yeah it sounds like you went the extra mile in school , awsome , good for you. If it makes you feel better to assume your smarter than others so be it. I dont feel the same as your brother at all, but again you can assume what you want. If someone is a smart ass to you about your "better and smarter then thou attitude" it doesn't mean they didn't go to school. It just means they think your "acting" like a jack ass. Shall we count the times you called people stupid or "not too bright" , maybe , just maybe , thats how some people KNOW you have attitude. " I guy works hard" ?? yeah your real bright! I could go on and on , but this is a fishing forum and this is going way off topic now.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:53 am

Off topic? Looks more like we are out of state. Let's give the personal back and forth a rest everyone please... when I can't even remember what the thread started as without going back to look that's an ominous sign. :bball:

BTW, I deleted the pic of the guy holding up the bass (in his kitchen) and the post with his name because we don't want these forums to be used for "calling people out" or as a subtle way of putting them down in a public forum. Even if he does have his picture up on facebook, that's his business. This is the kind of stuff that leads to ugly forum threads. Let's try to set the bar a little higher. Thanks.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:29 am

Mike Carey wrote:Off topic? Looks more like we are out of state. Let's give the personal back and forth a rest everyone please... when I can't even remember what the thread started as without going back to look that's an ominous sign. :bball:

BTW, I deleted the pic of the guy holding up the bass (in his kitchen) and the post with his name because we don't want these forums to be used for "calling people out" or as a subtle way of putting them down in a public forum. Even if he does have his picture up on facebook, that's his business. This is the kind of stuff that leads to ugly forum threads. Let's try to set the bar a little higher. Thanks.
*Agrees :eye:

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:32 am

LOL

In respect for Mike and Aaron, I'll back off on this one, except to say a couple people sound like they protest a little too much.:-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 am

zen leecher aka Bill W wrote:I'll add my vote now. I don't want any more special catch and release regulations similar to tiger muskies. I'm content to let someone keep the occasional big fish.

Why let the small special interest group set the rules for the general public?
Since Tiger Musky DO NOT reproduce, its not quite the same thing. They are there 100% because us humans put them there. Apples and Oranges.

I dont think everyone should keep all their fish since it would devastate all the fisheries, but for a kid to keep a trophy. It should not be an issue. Its a bit selfish to say all bass should be C&R just so that you have the chance to catch that fish. There is a line, and the kid did not cross it. He has his rights, and we have our opinions about it.

Yea, I bass fish too.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:17 pm

I know this is a bass topic, but my son who is 12, last night fishing the Nisqually caught what Kinghunter and I believed to be a King. It was a native. I never took it out of the water and caught a glimps of the adipose fin. I looked up at my son who was still gleaming said to me, "We have to let it go huh dad?"
No words were spoken for about 5 minutes because that was my son's biggest fish. His smile said it all. :cheers: :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."