Trolling and Bass?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bob johansen
Commander

RE:Trolling and Bass?

Post by bob johansen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:46 am

I have caught bass from more than 275 different bodies of water in the great state of Washington and "NONE" have been caught trolling.
A nice bass is too valuable a resource to enjoy catching only once.

Fishing adds years to your life and life to your years - Homer Circle

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:49 am

We have caught a few SM alat Lake Tapps while trolling, along with Rock Bass, Kokonee and Perch. Usually small lures at fairly low speeds in 10-20 ft of water.

And I know for sure that, I have NOT even come close to BEING on 275 bodies of water. 12 maybe.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 pm

I think it matters what body of water you're on. In certain lakes I'm sure it would be harder than others to catch bass trolling. In lakes like Potholes where they are areas that consistently have fish in some spots you could troll and catch those fish. Other lakes you might only be able to catch them trolling during certain times of the year if you were to try and troll for bass.

Coastfishin
Commander

Post by Coastfishin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:46 pm

I troll for trout often. I have found that any species of fish in the lake will hit a trolled lure at one time or another.
Crankbaits are a good lure to troll for trout and i have also caught Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and perch on them. Same goes for a wedding ring and night crawler.
Is it the most efective way to fish? I don't think so.
The lake I fish most of the time trolling is about the only way to catch trout. For Bass and other warm water fishes there are far more productive methods.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:00 pm

G-Man wrote:I think we are missing the point of the intial question. Is trolling an effective way to find and catch bass? The obvious answer is, under certain circumstanaces, yes. Is it the most entertaining way? That's up to the individual to decide. I believe the originator of the thread was just curious to see if he had stumbled upon something new. To admonish a person for catching a fish in a legal manner is not what this site is about. Everyone has their favorite methods for catching bass and other species of fish, no two people fish exactly alike, nor should they.

Well said.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.