Pend Oreille River Bank Fishing

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Daltontribe
Petty Officer

Pend Oreille River Bank Fishing

Post by Daltontribe » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good bank fishing spots on the Pend Oreille River for Pike or Bass, since I am kinda shore bound. Any imput would be greatly appreciated

Daniel

chinookslammer
Petty Officer

RE:Pend Oreille River Bank Fishing

Post by chinookslammer » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good bank fishing spots on the Pend Oreille River for Pike or Bass, since I am kinda shore bound. Any imput would be greatly appreciated

The mouth of Davis Creek is a pretty good area for holding pike especially when the water is higher. If you are heading north along the river there is a road off to the right after the train tracks just before you reach the hill before the paper mill. Turn right there. I think it is a gravel road. It should take you down to the water. I've seen alot of guys fishing there off the bank for pike during the winter with herring or sardines on a bobber. I'm heading there with my boat this saturday so I will let you know what the water level is like.