Question about fish and game ticket!

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jake Dogfish
Commander

RE:Question about fish and game ticket!

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:06 pm

I read the regulations all the time. They are certainly complicated, with different rules for different areas and different sections. As for the game wardens, I attract them like a magnet. I ran into three gamies in a week a couple weeks ago all on the salt water in three different places. One place crabbing, one place fishing for pinks and another place bottom fishing. Area 11 north, 11 south, and area 13. Last year I was checked on both the green and puyallup rivers. I always tell my buddies to make sure you do everything legal around me because I always see the wardens. Even so one of my buddies forgot his license once and got a ticket. I wish we had a few more officers out there because I see alot of illegal fishing especially on the rivers.

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Jake Dogfish wrote: I wish we had a few more officers out there because I see alot of illegal fishing especially on the rivers.

Yeah I know what you mean, I was fishing the Skagit the other day and this Russian next to me had 3-5 poles all in the water, he had them spread out a little so I am not real sure how many he had. He did have some kids with him but they never got up out of the chair, he handled all the poles start to finish

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 pm

Just for instants, I mention signing up for email notification, here is one I received today modifying one of the rules.

Change to anti-snagging rule

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:18 pm

This is why I read the regs before I fish an area that I don't know the regs on

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 am

Please dont bash woman here, since there are woman that are members on this site. I have seen men open their mouths and cause plenty of troube also.

noclothes1
Lieutenant

Post by noclothes1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:48 am

I have seem many violations by russians and other ethic groups that piss me off, so bash away. Just that being a female, I has been fishing for over 40 years and I have seen more than my share of men behaving badly when they are out fishing. But I try to keep my mouth shut, opps did I cross your line? my bad! ( that wasnt an accident) :colors:

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 am

On the other hand I have seen plenty of people who should know better violate the regulations also, so I always try to make sure I understand the regs in the area that i am fishing.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:27 am

No fair picking on me, but it's ok to pick on those people over there?? Unbelieveable! To "bash" any group is uncalled for. I don't care if it is gender, ethnic, or any other. I've met met people of many different ethnicities while fishing and most times if you just take the time to try and talk to them, they are ok people. I am also willing to bet the "Russians" aren't even Russian, you have just lumped them into what is convienient for you. EVERY group has bad apples, but that doesn't mean they are ALL bad.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:37 am

No offence KCC but I'll bash anybody that needs to be bashed. I'm what you might call and equal opportunity @$$h0L3. What was it that Archie Bunker said? Oh yeah.... "I'm not a bigot, I hate everybody equally but seperately".

If you don't like what I have to say about my Ex. wife, Bummer.

In this instance, she needed to have leash put on her. It could have saved him a bunch of dough and the violation, she was out of line. I'd say the same for any guy that wants to get lippy with law enforcement personel.

Get over it.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:No fair picking on me, but it's ok to pick on those people over there?? Unbelieveable! To "bash" any group is uncalled for. I don't care if it is gender, ethnic, or any other. I've met met people of many different ethnicities while fishing and most times if you just take the time to try and talk to them, they are ok people. I am also willing to bet the "Russians" aren't even Russian, you have just lumped them into what is convienient for you. EVERY group has bad apples, but that doesn't mean they are ALL bad.
The first time I fished the Puyallup a couple weeks ago, I met a nice Ukrainian kid who glady shared his spot along the river with him and his cousin. His english was ok, but the bend in our rods was the only communication we needed. I also met a nice Croatian fella on the Levee who had zero problems of us fishing next to him on his spot. We didn't even ask him to help net our fish, he just did it. So to say "bash" any ethnic group is kinda harsh. I showed up last week after work, I politely asked a Hispanic guy fishing by himself and politely asked if we could fish next to him. He said sure. Not many words were spoken, but he was still a nice guy. I didn't see him hoard 40 Pinks that I have heard "they" do. We all have faults, don't we?
"One more......."

aTrOcIoUs
Petty Officer

Post by aTrOcIoUs » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:36 am

HUH!!! What do you mean?? It is written in plain 3rd grade English.

$500 is a hard price to pay for something they give out for free. I have several copies plus the electronic version.

I think all the replys agreeing the regulations are hard to understand at times unless u look everytime b4 fishing is proof enough that anyone can make a mistake maybe u should go back to kindergarten and learn how to speak to people polite b4 implying i cant read 3rd grade english and furthermore maybe u need both the copies of the regs cause your a nitwit?

Just my 2cents this threads went the wrong way with the bashing of ethnic groups women and implying a 3rd grader can read a reg book. were all here to learn from eachother and have fun if i knew me posting a cloudy day in my life was gonna end in multiple arguements i woulda kept it to myself. Take it easy guys and lets try to be civil.

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:53 am

aTrOcIoUs wrote:I think all the replys agreeing the regulations are hard to understand at times unless u look everytime b4 fishing is proof enough that anyone can make a mistake maybe u should go back to kindergarten and learn how to speak to people polite b4 implying i cant read 3rd grade english and furthermore maybe u need both the copies of the regs cause your a nitwit?

Just my 2cents this threads went the wrong way with the bashing of ethnic groups women and implying a 3rd grader can read a reg book. were all here to learn from eachother and have fun if i knew me posting a cloudy day in my life was gonna end in multiple arguements i woulda kept it to myself. Take it easy guys and lets try to be civil.
atrocious, don't get too worked up about some of the reply's you've gotten and the direction this thread has gone....that is the nature of these forums (this problem is common on other websites too). You made your point and to the majority of the readers, it's a cheap reminder to read the regulations and not to trust what you see (i.e., that seeing other people fishing in the river must mean it's open).
Anytime you post something, it's subject to get misinterpreted or get out of hand. Remember, there are plenty of us who find your post helpful, we just don't post a reply. Try not to let the bashers and less-than-positive posters stop you from contributing. Just like the subject of C&R, everyone's got an opinion and a different interpretation of things.
I try to be up on the rules and study the regs for where I'm fishing, but that doesn't mean I always understand them correctly, so I agree that they can be hard to interpret sometimes....even for "3rd grade english" :-#
Sorry to hear about your ticket. Hope things only get better for you.
Tight lines,
BR

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Let's just call people who poach, "poachers". I agree with Gringo that there are bad apples for each ethnic group. I have fish with the good ones and bad ones. There's no need to bash a whole group. I am an asian person and I follow the rules.
Catch and Release Wild Trout
Catch and Release Wild Women

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Interesting how a "I was to far up stream and got a ticket" thread turns into a "Racial Profiling" thread.

Most of the people that I know, that I would consider as people who suck... for various reasons... are all the same race as me. Caucasion.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Interesting how a "I was to far up stream and got a ticket" thread turns into a "Racial Profiling" thread.

Most of the people that I know, that I would consider as people who suck... for various reasons... are all the same race as me. Caucasion.

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Grinco, you are correct. My second reply was hypocritical, and for that I apologize.

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:29 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Interesting how a "I was to far up stream and got a ticket" thread turns into a "Racial Profiling" thread.

Where do you see racial profiling??? I just reffered to as what they were, that was it. I did not blame the entire group, only reffered to the group I was fishing next to. Well if you think that was racial profiling, well so be it then.

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:No fair picking on me, but it's ok to pick on those people over there?? Unbelieveable! To "bash" any group is uncalled for. I don't care if it is gender, ethnic, or any other. I've met met people of many different ethnicities while fishing and most times if you just take the time to try and talk to them, they are ok people. I am also willing to bet the "Russians" aren't even Russian, you have just lumped them into what is convienient for you. EVERY group has bad apples, but that doesn't mean they are ALL bad.
Where did you get all that?? I didn't see any say everyone in that " this or that " group was all bad, simplely reffering to a group that was next to me, and that what they were.

I didn't lump anybody into anything. You are making into something it isn't. NOT ever did I say they were all bad.

CRW
Petty Officer

Post by CRW » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:40 pm

aTrOcIoUs wrote:
furthermore maybe u need both the copies of the regs cause your a nitwit?

Just my 2cents this threads went the wrong way with the bashing of ethnic groups .
Me a nitwit? ME?? I am not the one got caught fishing a closed river. You can say whatever you want to make yourself feel better about getting a large ticket.

You can say what you want, there was no bashing of ethnic groups, you guys are making it something it isn't.