Labor Day Weekend 2009

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Labor Day Weekend 2009

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:38 am

ckim85 wrote:
RaMcVey wrote:
ckim85 wrote:two options open for my gf and i:

1. trip down to Portland and enjoy a nice relaxing weekend in a nice quiet city. Check out the saturday market, Powell's city of books, all that fun stuff.

2. san juan islands! kayaking, fishing, camping, and hiking

i'm leaning towards Portland oddly enough but something about enjoying a nice slow weekend in a small quiet city sounds very fun.

I'd have to vote for option #2. I used to live in Friday Harbor. I love it up there. No stop lights on the entire island. They have a farmers market most weekends, even though it is smaller that the off island markets.
thanks RaMcVey,
unfortunately, this trip is more to celebrate my girlfriend who just finished her dental school applications (stressful past month for her) so we'll be headed to Portland which was her choice. I am definitely wanting to do San Juan islands sometime soon. I hear its amazing out there.

Right On! Have a good time!!:cheers:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:19 am

Looks like we will be fishing a few local lakes in South Pierce. I might have to
check out Rapjohn(havn't been there for awhile) and with my last trip being pretty
good...Kapowsin too.

Everyone have a great weekend:cheers:

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Ok, so maybe I'm being a bit anti-social but the rain forecast for this weekend has me stoked! Heck, I may even hit up American or Stevens for some kokes if the weather is bad enough to keep the knuckleheads off the water! Anyone else out there as diseased as I am?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm looking forward to this weather, nothing like a little rain to get the Coho into the Puget Sound....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:14 pm

Sprinkling here in Maple Valley. Makes me want to go fishing.
Tom.

Interests: living

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:06 pm

Well my labor day weekend is almost over and I spent 3 days fishing and crabbing at Dash Point pier. I am very tired.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.