Smallies in Tanwax...what the ....?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Smallies in Tanwax...what the ....?

Post by kevinb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Maybe I've been living on the moon but did anyone know that their are smallies in Lake Tanwax?
I sure didn't....anyhow. My buddy from work and I hit up Tanwax this evening for lmb,he ended up hooking
a smallie.,my guess would be 2lbs. Oh,to make this story even more questionable....he spit the hook at the
last moment. But it was clearly a smallmouth. Anyone else hear of this or catch a smallie here?
No biggie,just really surprised me. Ok,I'm climbing back into my rocketship:clown:

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

RE:Smallies in Tanwax...what the ....?

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 pm

First smallie I've heard of being caught out of tanawax. I didn't think that they where in that lake either. Maybe somehow they came from clear lake near by ? flooding or illegal transplants ? Interesting though. What did you catch it on and how deep where you fishing ?

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 pm

He was using a plastic worm.... A Senko I believe but not sure of color. The depth was somewhere
between 10-15 feet. We were just a few yards off the resort(Lakeview) on the Easternside of the lake.
We were marking a few fish on the finder and just talking about switching tactics to crappie when he hooked
up with the smallie. This is my first time seeing one here,so I'm curious if this is a just a fluke thing.

BrianB
Petty Officer

Post by BrianB » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 am

Hey Kevin

What time were you out there? My wife and I were on the lake from about 1830-2000. I picked up a nice LMB over by that paddle-wheel boat on the NW bank. This was my first time on Tanwax. Nice Lake - not as overwhelming as Kapowsin. Might end up being my lake of choice if I have less than two hours to fish.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:50 am

We were on the water at the same time,we left a little after sunset.
Tanwax is a pretty good lake. Bass fishing hasn't been as good for me here but everyone
else seems to do just fine. This lake has an awesome crappie fishery too.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:09 am

Hmmm .. thinking I need to get the tube out there ... havent fished Tanwax as of yet this year.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.