in a slump.

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bass chazer10
Angler

in a slump.

Post by bass chazer10 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 am

Good morning guys. well the 6 viewing at 130 in the morning. I fish a lot. and usually do really well. especially this year. but it seems i have hit a wall lately. nothing seems to be working. im fishing a little tourny sat at long lake in spokane. i went out wed. and hit our usuall spots without even a bite. managed to wrangle up one dink lm. just wondering if i should abandon what has worked all year and just wing it or stick with what i know and hope we find fish? maybe a vote of confidence will boost my spirits.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:in a slump.

Post by Amx » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 am

Go deeper in the same area.

If weeds and/or pads are there, go deeper into the pads.

What do the fish usually feed on? Where do you think those meals have moved to? Go there.

Maybe go smaller baits, or bigger baits for this time of year.

The past couple days I've fished slower with slow baits.
Tom.

Interests: living

bass chazer10
Angler

Post by bass chazer10 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:15 am

thanks amx. i think im just frustrated more than anything. and that has got me second guessing everything. luckily im fishing saturday with someone that has been doing this way longer than i have. i took yesterday off and im not fishing today either. hopefully that will please the bass gods. lol. i fish 2 to 4 days a week. and havent had a streek like this all season. we'll find em.

i usually cant go any deeper on my favorite spots. im usually fishing docks with weightless worms. i could move further back into the pad when we fish those. i recently started pitching jigs more frequently. and have had some success. although i am having some troubles with the hook set. i lost a couple real nice ones. i am still seeing tons of bait fish such as perch and sun fish all over the place.

the docks i was fishing wed. were the same docks we killed at last month. but i have noticed the grass has come up and moved under the docks. i should have pitched the jig but was to hard headed. its nice clear water so the white jig is first in the water sat. thanks bro. tight lines.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:06 am

Doing the same things out on the lake and expecting different results is not the way to go .. If i were you i would look for new water untill you can piece together a pattern .. you might be surprized with what you come across with a open state of mine ! Thats just part of game man , take a risk and hope it plans out . Sometimes you will fall flat , other times it will get you check ! Fish with confidence , pay attention to water depts thats producing 2lbrs or better and look for atleast three different baits to lean on through out the day . good luck !

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:36 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Doing the same things out on the lake and expecting different results is not the way to go ..

isn't that the definition of insanity?

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 am

Dustin07 wrote:
Bigbass Dez wrote:Doing the same things out on the lake and expecting different results is not the way to go ..

I thought it was the definition of Congress LOL
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

loucipher
Petty Officer

Post by loucipher » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:26 am

bass chazer10 wrote:maybe a vote of confidence will boost my spirits.
confidence is the key to success and it doesn't sound like you are too confident right now. you are setting yourself up to lose even before the game has started. do what ever it takes to get yourself in the right mindset or I would suggest not entering at all. i've played games before with a similar mindset, and came out on the losing end. i also came out giving every excuse in the book. it wasn't fun and I don't recommend it.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:06 am

Dustin07 wrote:

Yes it is ! and like myself your a student a "paying attention to detail" ..

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm

I was reading through "What Fish See" last night and this quote stuck out to me ...

"Practice does not make perfect, practice makes permanent. If you spend alot of time doing something wrong, you will simply increase the chances that it will happen again."
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:51 pm

I'd say think outside the box and go 4 it,..changing strategies and comfort zones tends 2 make some people lack confidence but you sound like to me that you know what you're doing,..you just seem a little anxious,..Bass move according 2 Forage,..Weather,..Cover,..Water Temp,..a whole mess of variables,..as for doing the same thing and expecting the same results,..well we all know how that changes,..step back,..relax,..take a deep breath and start tying on different baits and covering areas you're not accustomed 2,..you might be suprised what you find! JM2Pennies!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

basschazer
Petty Officer

Post by basschazer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot guys. i'll switch it up. Its all good. Its funny you guys talk about mindset and confidence. i tell my buddy he doesnt catch fish because his chi is off, when he gets all frustrated. i tell him fish can sense the negativity on the end of his line. it just makes hime more pi$$ed maybe its true. i was just a little bummed out yesterday. i know how to catch fish. i just needed a pat on the back. thanks. i know the user name is different. i couldnt remember my password. dumb auto login.
my bad.. i thought when you said "do whatever you want" you meant that it was cool i went fishing. maybe you shouldn't use sarcasm.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:51 pm

basschazer wrote:Thanks a lot guys. i'll switch it up. Its all good. Its funny you guys talk about mindset and confidence. i tell my buddy he doesnt catch fish because his chi is off, when he gets all frustrated. i tell him fish can sense the negativity on the end of his line. it just makes hime more pi$$ed maybe its true. i was just a little bummed out yesterday. i know how to catch fish. i just needed a pat on the back. thanks. i know the user name is different. i couldnt remember my password. dumb auto login.
Seems a bit better now BC,..I'm sure you'll do fine in the Tourney,..just being on the water and representing yourself,..your team,..your club and having fun no matter what the outcome is what it's all about,..stay focused bro,..no matter what bait or method you decide 2 use we all know that confidence is the key,..all baits catch fish but we have 2 make the right presentation given the circumstances we face and do it with confidence,..but hey you already know this bro so go catch some HOGS!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Change baits and follow a pattern you find on the lake that day
BBD taught me this a while back and it has not failed me yet
Thanks again BBD

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 pm

fishingmachine wrote:Change baits and follow a pattern you find on the lake that day
BBD taught me this a while back and it has not failed me yet
Thanks again BBD
Suck-Up,..no just kidding,..good advice though FM! LOL!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:34 pm

loucipher wrote:
bass chazer10 wrote:maybe a vote of confidence will boost my spirits.
confidence is the key to success and it doesn't sound like you are too confident right now. you are setting yourself up to lose even before the game has started. do what ever it takes to get yourself in the right mindset or I would suggest not entering at all. i've played games before with a similar mindset, and came out on the losing end. i also came out giving every excuse in the book. it wasn't fun and I don't recommend it.
I agree with that. You sound like someone else I know :-"
aka Powerworm

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 pm

If you're in a slump, try something different. When I get into a slump it's usually because I'm fishing too slow. Try burning a crankbait or spinnerbait to get a reaction bite and see if that breaks the bad luck. If not, slow it down a little, then a little more. Usually, if you're not catching fish using the lures that have caught fish for you in the past, it's the way you're fishing them that is the problem.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:24 pm

DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN NOT CONTROL !!!! YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES YOU JUST DONT SEE IT YET ! CLEAR YOUR MIND DONT SWEAT IT LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR THAT BS! BE POSITIVE AND CONTROL YOUR WORLD. FISH HAVE A BRAIN THE SIZE OF A PEA!WORK THRU THE PROCESS AND PUT IT TOGETHER!
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

basschazer
Petty Officer

Post by basschazer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:22 pm

well here's what happened. we took first in the team divisions. with very little help for me. my partner won big bass and 1st over all. the bite was on while the weather was at its worst. as soon as the front past, they locked it up. i got a few in the boat. but not my normal few. but at least i caught some fish. we were fishing a grass flat around 25 ft. i couldnt get away from the perch. luckily while i was keeping the perch busy my buddy landed some really nice sm. first time i got paid to fish. felt nice. the confidence is coming back. i think im about to head to silver and newman tomorrow morning. thanks guys. p.s the perch were the biggest perch i have ever caught. so that was cool.
my bad.. i thought when you said "do whatever you want" you meant that it was cool i went fishing. maybe you shouldn't use sarcasm.

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:49 pm

What tournament was at Long Lake this weekend?

bass chazer10
Angler

Post by bass chazer10 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:52 pm

it was a fairchild tournament. we, well they have a intramumual bass fishing thing. this is my first year participating in it. it is a pretty good deal though. im not 100% sure, but i think you have to be active duty or a dependent something along those lines. we usaully have a pretty good turn out.