favorite bass lake close to home?

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
reddog
Petty Officer

RE:favorite bass lake close to home?

Post by reddog » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:04 am

Another east side vote: Eloika Lake has been very very good to me as of late. A few tips on what to throw (color, size, speed, etc) has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE!! Hooked onto for as little as a few seconds a nice pig a few weeks ago. But, he caught me by suprise, wrapped be up in some of the caggage that is all over that lake. And gone. Long Lake would be my #2 for SMB. Pend Oreille River #3 for LMB and GREAT Pike action!!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

marktfd88
Petty Officer

Post by marktfd88 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 am

My favorite small local lake for me is Meridian. Lots of good smallies and largies in this underfished lake.
For a bigger lake locally I prefer Washington. Geez, this lake just kicks out alot of good smallies.

Mark
Limit Out Performance Marine
Powell Rods
P-Line
Owner Hooks

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:48 pm

For Duck Hunting - Kapowsin :P

For bass, my favorite wet side hole is not even named. But I enjoyed that day out on Geneva as well.

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm

I am also an East sider and Long Lake is by far my favorite close to home lake. It is big enough to be challenging but it is small enough that you don't feel overwhelmed. It has great LM and SM and it also has a ton of fish. Other than Moses it is one of the few lakes I know of where you can catch a 5+ of both species in the same day. You may not even have to move the boat to do it. The other close to home lake that I love but not a Washington Lake is Coeurdalene. Same deal lots of both LM and SM and plenty of big fish and it is massive so you never have to fish the same water twice.

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:29 am

I like Long Lk in Kitsap but a close runner up would be Tee Lk in Mason. They both have a fish !
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

Drumdog
Petty Officer

Post by Drumdog » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Long lake in Spokaloo county for me! (don't even think of calling it Lake Spokane)
If I had to do it over again.....I would have caught a bigger one!