R U Ready For Some Football

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
fishnislife
Admiral

R U Ready For Some Football

Post by fishnislife » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Ya buddy! The time of year I......, well....., wait all year for. It is now time. All I got to say is

GO HAWKS!

So much to talk about, so little space in this post.

Vick - Eagles?
Man if I was McNabb I would be afaid of losing my job. I give Vick 6 games and he'll be the starter. Once he gets his legs back, watch out. This could be a team that might take him places. Only time will tell.

T.O. - Bills?
Wow! Don't get me started.

Pat's going to be any good this year?
I really hope not. Down with Brady.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:R U Ready For Some Football

Post by A9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Seahawks fan here, looking forward to the year....Not as much as college football though. Something about the college atmosphere and competition....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:03 pm

I am so ready for some football. As a Patriots fan, I hope the o-line can keep it together so we don't have a repeat of last year.(Furiously knocking on wood)

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:13 pm

yeah cant wait for liverpool to win the league this year......ohhhh you mean american football...
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

Jennifer
Petty Officer

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Im so excited for Hawks season to start. Already got my tickets!!!!

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 am

Vick cant play the first 5 - 6 games of the season though, right? Have always been an Eagles fan until I moved to a state that had a Pro Team. So now I am for the Hawks then the Eagles. I am for second chances and I hope that he has learned from his mistakes and not through everything way in the process. Will be an interesting season for them and the media will be swarming like starved mosquitos.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:24 am

tmusky1 wrote:I am so ready for some football. As a Patriots fan, I hope the o-line can keep it together so we don't have a repeat of last year.(Furiously knocking on wood)
Pats fan here too :cheers: They looked right on track last night. Edelman reminds me of another Welker. And Baker the TE, wow. The defense in the RedZone was a breath of fresh air compared to last year.. :cheers: :bounce:
Attachments
pats.jpg
pats.jpg (15.5 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
"One more......."

topdawg47
Warrant Officer

Post by topdawg47 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 am

Really excited football season is back in action...GO HUSKIES!

Vick adds a nice dimension to the Eagles roster. You can do a lot of things with him...Andy Reid will have to be a little more creative though and pull out some tricks, etc..to really utilize him.

He might be the guy to get them over the NFC hump!

Sorry, Im not a Seahawk fan. I don't root against them, unless playing vs. STL Rams, Denver, or Tennessee.

All about the Huskies baby! Beat the Tigers
Go Huskies!

richardvw
Petty Officer

Post by richardvw » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:17 pm

I've been a seahawks fan my whole life but now am going to be watching the Bears also. My sister's boyfriend got drafted and signed by the bears this year. Still waiting to see if he makes the team.

ZaraSpook
Petty Officer

Post by ZaraSpook » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:39 pm

SEAHAWKS are PATHETIC & will NEVER WIN a SUPERBOWL, EVER........................hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 pm

ZaraSpook wrote:SEAHAWKS are PATHETIC & will NEVER WIN a SUPERBOWL, EVER........................hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa
Please tell us who your team is? :bounce:
"One more......."

hanapaa808
Warrant Officer

Post by hanapaa808 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 pm

GO COWBOYS!!!!! As for vick, i think he should still be in jail. The things that guy did to those dogs were just sick and disgusting. I really think he needs his head checked. People like him are making it hard for people like me to own those smart, awesome, and wonderful dogs. I have 3 pits and they are all sweethearts. Even though i raised and socialized my dogs well, my dogs still get a bad reputation. "VICKS A D-CK" Sorry, just need to get that out.... Oh yeah, football....Go Cowboys!!!

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:15 pm

GO BRONCOS:-" oops I mean Seahawks... I will be watching both this year.. (Every one here watches the Broncos:cheers: )
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:37 pm

fishaholictaz wrote:GO BRONCOS:-" oops I mean Seahawks... I will be watching both this year.. (Every one here watches the Broncos:cheers: )
++ :cheers:
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Question for Taz and dahc: Orton is your man. Are you glad Cutler is gone? And not to poke, but darn it, Mcdaniels did a fantastic jay oh bee for my Pats. Honestly, do you make the playoffs this year?
"One more......."

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm

The way Kyle played tonight, I would say I am not impressed much at all. 56% completion percentage with 3 INT's on 16 passes isn't going to win me over, that's for sure. Chris seems to be doing a much better job.

With regards to Cutler...I always thought he would be the guy that turned Denver around...I'm definitely not glad he's gone, but hope he does well in Chicago. We'll see about the playoffs...I'd love to give a resounding "HELL YEAH!!", but that has usually disappointed me in the past. #-o
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Simms stepped up!!! I am a Simms man he showed a lot of control out there tonight. I can't wait until next Sat.:bball: Who to cheer for#-o As for Cutler I never watched or cared for the Broncos but since it is the new local team.... I always support the LOCAL sports team...
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Go Pats and huskies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: :cheers:
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:57 pm

*****PROUD DAD ALERT*****

Carroll College Saints, private college, NAIA division, National Champions 2002-5 and 2007.

Head Coach Mike Van Diest is the 4th winningest College level football coach of all time.

Carroll College Football

My son Matt is a freshman on the team, plays O line (guard).

NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) comprised of 92 schools across the country. Has a long list of players sent to the pros, including Carroll's Casey FitzSimmons, playing for the Lions.

You won't see these small college teams on ESPN, but I'm sure excited to get out to Helena, MT and see a game or two the next four years!

If you'd like to learn more about this league which prides itself on outstanding student althletics:

NAIA Football
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)