Adopt-A-Road: Cleaning up Lake Tapps

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
KUP
Commander

Adopt-A-Road: Cleaning up Lake Tapps

Post by KUP » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 pm

A lot of us anglers take pride in the fact that we not only pick up after ourselves, but often, others, too. When we are out on the water or near the launch, we just do the right thing and "clean it up". Only takes a few minutes and the result is very satisfying. To all anglers that do that: kudos!:cheers:
I also got to witness and be a part of another kind of clean-up last Sunday around Lake Tapps.
Our Chapter 57 has agreed to clean the road, a mile on either side of the entrance to the North County Park.

The anglers you see here all gave up some fishing time to improve the environment. And does it look better! We are not done; there was too much for one day; and we are committed to the project. There was so much laughter and jokes and good natured ribbing that it did not seem like work at all. What a really fun and yet dedicated group these people are. So many people stopped their cars to say "Thank you", too! A few pulled over to talk, too - what a great way to get to know more people on the lake!
Bonus: There were ice cream bars provided by donation for the group afterwards.
And yes, Buddy was good around the dry ice.:bom:
Attachments
cleanupcrew.JPG
cleanupcrew.JPG (94.59 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Adopt-A-Road: Cleaning up Lake Tapps

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 am

Thats a long strech of road with alot of trash. Any chance you weighed it? Gotta be thousands of pounds of trast along there.

Two thumbs up to the protectors of our environment :thumleft: :thumleft:

Good Job you guy/gals!!!!! :cheers:

ProAngler'sDaughter
Petty Officer

Post by ProAngler'sDaughter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:22 pm

We didn't have a chance to weigh it...but there was so much it was ridiculous. We just began to make a dent. In fact, we basically covered about 1/4 of the area we expected to, primarily due to the high volume of trash -- but it didn't help that we we shorted on trash bags! (I hate to say it, but I think there was some relief when we used up our last bag. I have to admit, I was breathing a little easier.) To be truly affective in this area -- there almost needs to be a professional clean-up done prior to our group (or any other small crew) making an effort here. Don't get me wrong, every little bit helps, but I think most of us were surprised by the massive amount of trash lying along that roadway.

PAD :fish:

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:30 am

Hey PAD, I went up to Tapps last night for the first time in over a month. Noticable difference! Thanks Y'all.

I dont know when your planning the second stage of the clean up but... be prepared for racoon roadkill. Lots of dead nasties along the road. Let me know when the next event is scheduled, I may come out and help.

Again, Thank You and Good Job!!