Tapps Open tournament

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Don Wittenberger
Commander

RE:Tapps Open tournament

Post by Don Wittenberger » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:15 am

Okay, playtime's over, let's all be civil now.

All I see here is people trying to answer Kaz's questions, and KUP promoting the Muskies Inc. chapter she helped start and has worked very hard to make successful. Kaz, she didn't ask you to join our club, she simply invited you to attend a meeting as a guest, which is an opportunity for you to meet local muskie anglers and get local fishing information. As general information, all Chapter 57 monthly membership meetings are open to the public, all the time, and people who have no interest in becoming members are always welcome to attend, whenever they want.

I think Kaz was just trying to describe himself and how he operates. It came across a little rough and a couple of people reacted to that. I'd just like to remind everyone that the spoken word and the written word are two different things. Professional writers understand this, but most people write the way they talk, not realizing that words don't come across the same way in print as when they're spoken.

Cold hard type has a way of making words seem, well, cold and hard. In ordinary conversation, inflections and gestures soften the impact of words that, standing by themselves in bare print, aren't soft. This effect is almost always unintended by the writer.

Not everyone is a joiner. Some people prefer fishing alone and have little patience for promotion or puffery; that's not a character fault, it's just a difference of style and personality. I say, thank God that He didn't make us all exactly alike.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProAngler'sDaughter
Petty Officer

RE:Tapps Open tournament

Post by ProAngler'sDaughter » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Here! Here! Mr. Wittenberger! Very well said...or should I say well typed!

It's definitely easy to misinterpret the written word. If everyone could just approach communicating with each other and this forum as a positive opportunity to connect, share and learn from one another-keeping in mind the undercurrent of what is being relayed is meant to be in a supportive vein, we would all be so much better off and farther along in our journey within the crazy world of Muskie Mania.

PAD :fish:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.