Lake Washington Perch?

Warmwater fishing fans
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
blackfoot
Petty Officer

Lake Washington Perch?

Post by blackfoot » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:19 am

Where are they? I have been out 2 times in the last week and can't locate the perch. I have searched everywhere in the north end down to Kirkland w/o sucess!Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction? Thanks.

skeeter bassin
Lieutenant

RE:Lake Washington Perch?

Post by skeeter bassin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:51 am

Graphed a couple of schools in 20' to 25' in the East channel on Monday
When you think you know it all, its time to quit. Knowledge should be gained on every trip.

squidbo63
Petty Officer

Post by squidbo63 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:15 am

I have caught only a couple of little perch from the docks along Lake Wash. Blvd.
We had better luck way up north in Bothell, in the Log Park.
Prior to that in a boat along the west side of Mercer Island.
It's a huge lake and they can be illusive.
Good luck.

slicbob
Petty Officer

Post by slicbob » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:15 pm

skeeter bassin wrote:Graphed a couple of schools in 20' to 25' in the East channel on Monday
Skeeter Bassin, when you say the east channel do you mean on the east side of Mercer Island by maybe the pilings?

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:46 pm

coulon beach. the whole south end of lake wash is loaded. if you go by the ceder river inlet theres a boat and kayak rental building. cast out a worm on a bobber or just let it sit on the bottom. i promise you will catch one.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

slicbob
Petty Officer

Post by slicbob » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:58 pm

tnj8222 wrote:coulon beach. the whole south end of lake wash is loaded. if you go by the ceder river inlet theres a boat and kayak rental building. cast out a worm on a bobber or just let it sit on the bottom. i promise you will catch one.
Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:01 am

they really havnt been as easy to locate as they were in the prior years though - i wonder whats going on with them. Ive caught more sculpin and squawfish than perch this year (0 perch, actually!).

tahjb
Petty Officer

Post by tahjb » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:47 am

True that. The perch have been hard to come by this year for some reason. My usual perch holes have been unsuccessful. Maybe they are still in deeper water.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:14 am

I found me a lake that has been producing plenty of eatable perch. However, these perch are acting wierd. Usually when they feed you could catch them with a plain hook, perch eye jig, dick nite spoons, wax worms, piece of worm, just wouldn't matter. However, I am finding that if I don't put at least enough crawler to make a respectable tail coming off the jig they won't touch it. I have lost a lot of bait but it seems to be the winning combo as of right now.

earlier I was catching them on a small white mister twister while fishing for Crappies. They have turned off on those as well. I tried it for a good hour the other night and caught 1. Went back to my jig and 1/2 crawler and caught 15 keepers in an hour. That is throwing the real dinks back.

Having said that, what do most folks consider a dink perch?
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:08 am

On Lk wa I usually tried to keep them above 9" (from shore), but if I was fishing from a boat I would up that to at least double digits - probably 11" and up. Everything else would be "dink" and go back. :-"

slicbob
Petty Officer

Post by slicbob » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:34 pm

Joe Heater wrote:I found me a lake that has been producing plenty of eatable perch. However, these perch are acting wierd. Usually when they feed you could catch them with a plain hook, perch eye jig, dick nite spoons, wax worms, piece of worm, just wouldn't matter. However, I am finding that if I don't put at least enough crawler to make a respectable tail coming off the jig they won't touch it. I have lost a lot of bait but it seems to be the winning combo as of right now.

earlier I was catching them on a small white mister twister while fishing for Crappies. They have turned off on those as well. I tried it for a good hour the other night and caught 1. Went back to my jig and 1/2 crawler and caught 15 keepers in an hour. That is throwing the real dinks back.

Having said that, what do most folks consider a dink perch?
Joe,
Are you talking McMurray? If not which lake? For keepable I think 8" or above, but a dink would be less than 6".

Bob

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:03 am

Ya I have been fishing McMurray. Its by far my favorite area lake to fish. No speed boats but you can still have an outboard on it. The Crappie fishing slowed way down just like Crappie King said it would. I still catch 1 every now and then but I have been concentrating on the perch and usually pick up a Crappie in the process. It is the exact opposite of what was going on this spring. I was catching a lot of Crappies and would catch 2 or 3 perch along the way.
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:06 am

crappie fishing will get super hot during the fall, alot of people say that they bite better in the fall over the winter.

did you make it out there slicbob?
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4

slicbob
Petty Officer

Post by slicbob » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:56 pm

Last Friday I found the bigger perch in Lake Washington accross the water way from Kenmore Air. It was defineatly deeper water, and we almost caught more sqawfish than perch. Worm on a hook.

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 pm

By the Marina at Rainier Beach, well atleast last weekend. Caught a bunch, alot of small ones though, but wait long enough and you'll find some big ones.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:40 am

if im catching small perch i will move out deeper. try the outside weed edge.
Anthony

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:48 am

i wonder why they are still so deep...

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:19 pm

yeah no kidding it is unusual
Anthony

Rizzla
Petty Officer

Post by Rizzla » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:04 pm

where ive always had the best luck with perch along seward park drive goin towards the south side of i - 90. you should be look directly at it on a dock when fishin. most of my family though drive to mercer island. there is park there i forget the name. but theres a small parking lot in the shape of a square. you park there walk down a hill and there is a beach section where people swim. you can walk along the dock and fish there. there are two docks in the shape of an L comin together so it almost makes a square. theres a big and little dock. you can only fish there after 6 pm beside of the swim rules. once the life guards leave its swim at own risk so you wont get in trouble. if you fish there you wont be disappointed.

blackfoot
Petty Officer

Post by blackfoot » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks for all your help! Keep the reports coming.I will start posting when i switch over to perch fishing. Right now i've been running around the Cascades chasing trout but want to switch over to Lake Washington perch.I think i started fishing too early;i was trying for right after the spawn but couldn't find them.

Return to “Walleye and Panfish Sponsored By Mar Don Resort”