pinks are coming

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Big Smooth
Petty Officer

RE:pinks are coming

Post by Big Smooth » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 am

Toni wrote:Well, I hope to go to Dash Point pier on Thursday. I hope I will be catching.
On the 2nd the creel report said Dash Point had 20 pinks. :cheers:
Pinks are showing up. Lots of Anglers at Browns point in their hip waders. Seen quite a few taken this weekend.:cyclopsan
I like it when I can call it Catching!

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 am

do the pinks run the San Juans at all?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 am

Every where! You can't keep the darn things off your line.........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:52 am

Toni, i also saw in the creel report that there wa 94 people on the Dash Point Pier the other day, gonna be fun fishing there, im thinking of taking my waders and heading down the beach (probably still will be crowded) or wading in at the state park.

Basstard
Petty Officer

Post by Basstard » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 pm

I have always fished them in the Skagit as it is only a 5 minute drive for me. My question sinse I am out in the sound alot do they run through the san juans at all and where?
Thanks for any info.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Basstard wrote:I have always fished them in the Skagit as it is only a 5 minute drive for me. My question sinse I am out in the sound alot do they run through the san juans at all and where?
Thanks for any info.
looks like you Skagit guys get only 4 days of pink retention. bummer

https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efis ... jsp?id=797

mallard433
Petty Officer

Post by mallard433 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:38 pm

but it opens back up on the sixtenth page 62 of the regs. limit 2 salmon and two add. pinks. the 6-9 is kind of a early bonus fishery and there is a derby that weekend to.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 pm

kcc wrote:Toni, i also saw in the creel report that there wa 94 people on the Dash Point Pier the other day, gonna be fun fishing there, im thinking of taking my waders and heading down the beach (probably still will be crowded) or wading in at the state park.
I am hoping that a weekday morning will have less people than a Sunday. Yes, I have been there when there were that many people at least if not more. The most sickening part is those that see a fish, shout it out, and the rush is on to throw thier buzz bomb or dart at the fish. If the dock were a boat it would tip over. Talk about snaggers?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 pm

bs aint it
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:40 am

Aint that the truth Toni. Been there done that, fish flying thru the air, people jumping in front of you, all those tangled lines, I love it. For that many people jammed together Im surprised by how friendly it all was (this was 2years ago), didnt see any fights or nothing break out. Im also thinken of taking off on a weekday, see if i can get a spot to call my own. Good luck

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:49 pm

The pinks are in
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:42 pm

I spent three hours at point no point today with such luck. got a couple of bites and that's about it

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:45 pm

there were tons of pinks at point no point. we were 150 yards off the beach and saw school after school of them breaking the surface

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:52 pm

curado wrote:there were tons of pinks at point no point. we were 150 yards off the beach and saw school after school of them breaking the surface
I saw 5 come in and a silver get brought in by a boat that was sitting ab out 100 yards out.

I know they are there but didn't want to bite anything I was throwing out there

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm

curado wrote:there were tons of pinks at point no point. we were 150 yards off the beach and saw school after school of them breaking the surface
Did ya toss any jigs? How'd ya do? going out tin the morning.....
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:18 pm

1 pink on a spinner and a 5 pound king

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:24 pm

scott080379 wrote:I spent three hours at point no point today with such luck. got a couple of bites and that's about it
Don't worry about it Scott, it happens. There are plenty of pinks to be caught right now, but the pinks aren't even close to being "in". Its still slow right now. Monday caught 1, Tuesday caught 2, Wednesday caught 1, Thursday caught 0, Friday caught 5, today caught 0. Every time I fished with a minimum of 2 other people. The best day I have had so far was 5 pinks for 3 people. I am not a pro by any means, but in a week or 2, 5 fish per person will be a slow day.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 pm

curado wrote:1 pink on a spinner and a 5 pound king
Good go, too bad you didn't have a 2 in front of the 5. :bom:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:18 pm

oh i know that would have been nice

Team Fish Whore
EGG GURU

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Looked like a yummy dinner too. Heading out for a little salt run tomorrow. We'll be targeting all species.... :rambo: