Tapps Open tournament

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rosann G
Commander

Tapps Open tournament

Post by Rosann G » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:08 am

:-$ I've heard that the flyer telling all about the September 12th Lakes Tapps Open Tournament is just about done and will be posted on the Chapter 57 TigerPac web page soon. :compress: Since it is close to so many people interested in Tiger Muskie fishing and in a lake so full of Tiger Muskies it should be alot of fun with alot of participants.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

KUP
Commander

RE:Tapps Open tournament

Post by KUP » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:48 am

Thanks Rosann;

FLYER: http://www.nwtigermuskies.org/images/la ... ster09.jpg

This is going to be the Grand Daddy of them all and with the help of several Midwest Chapters expertise - a great show!
35 boats means a whale of prize monies and Lake Tapps is so close - everyone can play!
If you have not fished a Muskie Tournament before - here's your chance - all anglers are welcome!

Rules & Regs are on the website, too: http://www.nwtigermuskies.org/files/c57 ... trules.pdf

• Starting boat positions will be assigned in the order that the entry forms are received and based on postmark date.
So the quicker you get your Registration sent in, the quicker you are out of the gate Tournament morning!

Great Sponsors are being added daily and the Raffle Prizes have taken over a whole room!

Great Sponsors, Great Raffle Items, and GREAT Payoffs: $1,400 1st place

REGISTRATION FORMS here:
http://www.nwtigermuskies.org/files/09t ... ration.pdf
Attachments
TappsOpenMF.jpg
TappsOpenMF.jpg (196.89 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:41 pm

I see the flyer and a link for the Open and also info for this month's tourny and club picnic are both up on the home page of the club's website now. Take a look you might find one or the other or both alot of fun.
Also a big congrats to Dan Fuller on his beautiful Tiger. I also heard of at least 3 tigers caught on Tapps today.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:49 am

Just got word Montesano Bob has joined Chapter 57 .... and has sent in his application for the Lake Tapps Open Tournament!
WTG, Robert!
You don't have to be a member- just
get those applications in - the first in line to send in your applications - the first in line at launch time!
Remember, launch positions will be assigned by postmark on your envelope with application.
Jump on it - the waters fine and this is going to be the biggest field of muskie anglers in Washington history! woohoo!:cheers:
Can't wait to see you all - we have a few surprises in store - stay tuned!:bounce: :bounce:

Remember: This Tiger Muskies Tournament is OPEN TO ALL ANGLERS!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:09 pm

:bounce: bump:compress:

tark_44
Angler

Post by tark_44 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Hello,I'm planning on coming out that way in September to visit my son who is serving at Ft.Lewis.And I am interested in fishing this tournament.Interesting way to determine launch position. Are there any resorts on the lake? I didn't see any when I googled it. I'm driving and pulling my own boat. Going to fish some lakes along the way. And going to fish in Idaho. I have seen and heard of some big muskies being caught there.Anyone there caught any in Idaho? thanks,Kaz

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:58 pm

First off thank your son for serving in the military for me. Sorry no one has answered you yet about the lake and tournament, they must all be fishing or else suffering from the heat wave that we are having here. There are no public resorts on Lake Tapps as it is a very urban lake with lots of houses around it. It is not too far from Fort Lewis though and there are quite a few guys from there and McChord that fish and play on it. There are even 3 members from Chapter 57 that are from Fort Lewis, one of which is deployed already and 2 are getting ready to deploy to Iraq. They are all quite good muskie hunters too.
The tournament should be alot of fun and you are more than welcome to join in. :bounce: Sounds like they have a bunch of great sponsors this year that have donated a ton of raffle prizes too. The list seems to grow every time I look.:cheers:
They are holding the dinner and awards after at a local hotel so I'm sure if you wanted to stay somewhere closer to the lake than Fort Lewis you could stay there.
Hope you have a great time fishing your way out here. Stay safe.
Rosann

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi Kaz; looking forward to meeting you!
Rosann is right; we've been sweltering under a record heat wave (103 broke a 118 year old record) and we aren't toughened into the heat and humidity like you Badgers.
My spouse grew up on the Chip and has fond memories and friends still there. One of our best friends is in New Berlin, by the name of Ron.G
We always want to take the time to welcome and say hello to any muskie hunters from the Mid-West! If you go to the website at www.nwtigermuskies.org you will see the application and rules. If you have any other questions, don't hesiate to PM or call our hotline at 253-850-5889 and we will call you back asap.
One of the biggest benefits of being one of over 50 Chapters, is that you get to learn from the best and the most experienced. We had help from many Chapters of Muskies, Inc. from the Midwest on the Tournament Rules.
Here is the info for where we are going to have the Tournament Headquarters and Banquet & Awards Ceremony:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/e ... ton/sumner

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
2500 136TH AVE COURT EAST
SUMNER, WA 98390
UNITED STATES
Hotel Reservations: 1 888 HOLIDAY (1 888 465 4329)
Hotel Front Desk: 001-253-2990205

A few anglers have caught muskies in Idaho, especially Hauser, but it has been a while.
If you look on our website, you will see a catagory on the left called
AREA MUSKIE LAKES.
That gives a pretty good description of all the muskie lakes in our area. If you scroll down, you will also see a link for Idaho's Muskie Program or you can click here: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/stocking to see where Idaho has stocked lately and in what region.
We had a very busy and successful stocking program in WA. this year and the WDFW (like your DNR) has been busy.
Will your son be fishing the tournament with you? Please tell him thank you for his service, too.
He and you, are appreciated for the commitment to country.
Nobody pulls a boat that far who is not a dedicated angler, so the first thing I will tell you is that our NW brand of tigers don't care for the big lures, like the Double Cowgirls or the big Pounder Bulldawgs. Stay smaller, like 5,6,7 inches.
If you are in town by August 20, come on up to Federal Way for our Monthly Chapter Meeting. We will introduce you around and get you squared away on the lake and lure selection. We are happy and eager to help in any way, Kaz, keep us posted.

And don't bring any more hot or humid weather, ok?
I'm starting to say "eh" and "oh fer suure" with this heat.

Tight Lines, KUP
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tark_44
Angler

Post by tark_44 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:11 pm

I found the information too via google. Thats where I got to asking if anyone has been out to Idaho to fish the muskies. I'm not into the club seen.It restricts my fishing time. Always having to committ to someone or something gets to be bothersome for me.I have helped with the DNR and other fishing groups.The Wisconsin DNR simply is the best. When I feel like doing so I help.So now as I have done all weekend, I just fish.Work hard during the week.Fish harder on the weekends. And just because a person or persons is in a organization doesn't mean they are the best at doing something.That is why I choose not to be in an organization.I don't like listening to a bunch of folks that talk about fishing. I need to be out there on the water fishing. I've been fishing since I've been able to hold a fishing pole in my hands.. And learned from who I know was the best my poppi and grande poppi. And all their brothers, sisters and mommas.I've come from a long gene line of fishermen. So please don't try to push your Chapter on me. Almost sound like a used car pitchman."Learn from the best and most experienced." Put a lot of time in on the water and put some fish in the net. Then I think you can start talking about being experienced. How many hours on the water do you log and how many muskies have you caught?

Thanks for your info but I think we will pass the tournamment thing and just fish ourselves. Its better that way.

Kaz

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 pm

I agree, I think you should keep to yourselves! KUP was trying to help, (as usual) it was nothing special just for you. I dont think our fish would even like your attitude, because I sure dont. Wisconsin may have the best DNR but they sure dont have "simply the best" people or should I say Kaz(s).

Kenster
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Silly ol Kaz; go back and read what I wrote. "Best and most experienced" at writing Tournament rules!! And everyone from Wisconsin knows you don’t have to be a member of M.I. to come to a Chapter meeting and learn about a new area. So when you say “pushing the Chapter on you” I am surprised. I suspect you asked about being in the tourney so you could bash tourneys, eh?
Oh, its a game! I love games...Let me think, is it Three Billy Goats Gruff?

I am proud of NW TIGER PAC. Muskies, Inc. is a wonderful Non-Profit 501 (C)3 Organization that has been giving back to the Muskellunge Fishery since 1966! Muskies, Inc. started the whole concept of "Catch & Release" fishing. This has made fishing for muskies better for ALL to enjoy! We not only have a few tournaments, but we contribute to Youth Programs (Cast For Kids, Fishing Kids), Research (we donated $2000.00 to the WDFW) last year, We help with Environmental Projects such as "Adopt A Road" etc...and get involved with Communities. So if I sound like a "Used Car Salesman"/P.C.="Pre-owned Car Salesman" LOL! to you, that is alright also...like you I am just proud of who I am and what I do in the name of Muskies, Inc. There is no fault in that. Tournaments are simply just another dimension of the "whole picture" of what we do. Anyway, when my "duties" to this Chapter are done I hope to meet you out on the water sometime… maybe we can each learn something from one another. Maybe?

Besides Kaz,
I didn't help start this Chapter out here for myself, but for the people who have joined it.
We have some great members and I am glad to call every one of them my friend.

So many of our finest anglers are willing to volunteer to make this tournament our very, very best! I am excited to be working next to Mike Floyd, Angler of the Year 2007 and Brett Olson, Angler of the year 2008, Buddy Hartman, our great President, and the hardest working Board of Directors I have ever seen. Plus many of our members have stepped up to help out. You guys rock.
When you love to fish, & love people who fish, it's easy to be: cheerleader - :cheers: :clown: :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Mike,

That is one beautiful Tiger you're holding! I heard through the "grapevine" like I hear so many things...that you have Your Lax reproduction back of this beauty! So tell me does it look like the real thing?
Or, as Lax says "Is it alive, or is it a Lax". Congrats again on a wonderful fish! Enjoy that reproduction! That real fish should be over 50 inches by now! Gotta love "Catch & Release".
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

jigman
Petty Officer

Post by jigman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Got my replica last friday and put it on the wall sunday. It is amazing looking! It looks like the real thing. They do a heck of a job. Mike.

Morpheous
Petty Officer

Post by Morpheous » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:54 pm

tark_44 wrote:I found the information too via google. Thats where I got to asking if anyone has been out to Idaho to fish the muskies. I'm not into the club seen.It restricts my fishing time. Always having to committ to someone or something gets to be bothersome for me.I have helped with the DNR and other fishing groups.The Wisconsin DNR simply is the best. When I feel like doing so I help.So now as I have done all weekend, I just fish.Work hard during the week.Fish harder on the weekends. And just because a person or persons is in a organization doesn't mean they are the best at doing something.That is why I choose not to be in an organization.I don't like listening to a bunch of folks that talk about fishing. I need to be out there on the water fishing. I've been fishing since I've been able to hold a fishing pole in my hands.. And learned from who I know was the best my poppi and grande poppi. And all their brothers, sisters and mommas.I've come from a long gene line of fishermen. So please don't try to push your Chapter on me. Almost sound like a used car pitchman."Learn from the best and most experienced." Put a lot of time in on the water and put some fish in the net. Then I think you can start talking about being experienced. How many hours on the water do you log and how many muskies have you caught?

Thanks for your info but I think we will pass the tournamment thing and just fish ourselves. Its better that way.

Kaz

VERY well stated!!! PM me if you really want to know just how messed up it is.

Jeff

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:36 am

Kenster: Thank you! You are in a class all by yourself.
Thanks for having my back, you restore my faith in mankind.

But don't get too close to trolls, they aren't worth it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seament head
Petty Officer

Post by seament head » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 pm

Wow I see that kaz wanted to be sincere and wanted to fish a tournament, looks like not so. You spent so little time being nice so that somebody would respond, then you got out the knife and cut people who did nothing other than to invite you to a nice outing and respected your son for serving.

And mor pe us, it would have looked a lot worse against who you are against if you would not even responded.

I think if a few, who are so worried about another ones activities, they don't focus on their own destination. It takes a lot time, money and honesty to put on events this size. So get busy with constructive work for your own members, like making sure where the out of bounds are, that no destruction of property happens and no changing of rules mid tournament. Because right now both of you sound like my Crazy out-of-work neighbor plumber, who is complaining about losing his car, pickup and boat.

I agree with kenster totally!

The only thing you and I agree on kaz is... I am too independent to join a club, but I really think I could have fun at Cascade Muskie Association. =p~
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Welcome to the Jungle!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:41 am

Nice lil fishy ya got there Buddy, What lake is that? Trees are trees but It kinda looks like Mayfield..

Jeff, it aint all like that. If ya ever get over here in this side of the Peninsula and you wanna do some fishin, let me know.

Kaz, Im an Army guy myself. 57V, Crew Chief. Same offer. Im local to Lake Tapps but as I type this Im closer to Mayfield. Both are great lakes to catch the elusive Musky. Welcome to Washington, hope you enjoy your time here.

No club talk, no BS... Just dudes fishin!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 am

jigman wrote:Got my replica last friday and put it on the wall sunday. It is amazing looking! It looks like the real thing. They do a heck of a job. Mike.

I have to ask... what the heck do you do with a 50 inch LAX Musky? Cabelas has a nice selection of mounted fish but I just dont have that kind of wall space. I'll have to sitck with LAX crappie or something small to fit in my living room.

How much did it cost?
Is it a "buy the inch" price or by the pound?

Thanks

Rich
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:20 pm

The only thing you and I agree on kaz is... I am to independent to join a club, but I really think I could have fun at Cascade Muskie Ass.

Seament head,

I know I said I was going to stay off this site but this was brought to my attention from a bunch of folks. Both sides of the lake actually. First off if you are going to use my clubs' name then please spell it correctly. Its CASCADE MUSKY ASSOCIATION. Not Cascade Muskie Ass. If that was a pho pah then thats fine. Then correct it. If its intent was to come across as a jab at my group then its wrong and you should contact me about the issue.And fix it! I have in the past tried to get in contact with you and you have not responded. I will not tolerate my group's name being used on another site in a less than repectful way. You could have fun in our group. Who knows maybe email me and we can discuss that possibility.
We as a whole have moved on. It just seems like some have not. From posting some pretty vindictive stuff the other day on another site. I did see that. To the physical contact made on another CMA member holding his child at the sportsman's show to the lies said to resort owners.To the cease and desist letter.To the claiming of a tournament that was never theirs or ours to begin with. A interesting thing when I was in 57. The last thing that was on a couple of people's minds in 57 was on tournaments.Too much competition.They were actually changed to "events" or "outings".So go figure that one out. I don't know seament head. But I do know that I will defend my club and the members in it to the end.

So please spell my groups' name correctly. Cascade Musky Association. Don't forget. Thanks
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods