Hansville shoreline

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Ronz
Angler

Hansville shoreline

Post by Ronz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Has anyone had any luck fishing the shoreline west of PNP near the little store? The stretch of beach starting from the old pier/warehouse looks inviting. Tight lines anyone?

scott080379
Commodore

RE:Hansville shoreline

Post by scott080379 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:33 pm

I haven't read any reports on any web site as of yet from anyone on the shore. I might be heading up there Sunday to fish as well.

Depends if i get everythimg moved and unpacked by Saturday
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 pm

That is called Norwegian Point. My grandma use to own that store back when it had gas. Once they took the gas away because the tanks where to close to the beach, she sold it. I spend at least a day a week out in that area and have tons of family out there. Norwegian Point has always been productive when the runs come in. I have seen them thick through there and great fishing right at that beach. Only problem is that you have limited shore to fish. Private Property on the left and the old cannery on the right that you can't walk through. I know they have recently taken all the old run down summer homes right there to the right of the store and cannery and put in picnic tables making it into a little park. If you can fish that shoreline or not I'm not sure yet. Ask one of the gals in the store. Oh btw, that store has great sandwiches. Buzz Bombs or Squid Bombs during high, slack tides are great. Flylined Hearing or Hearing under a bobber during outgoing is good too. Benifits of PNP is the area you can cover and different fishing sceneriors off that point. Benifit of Norwegian is not a lot of people fish it. Good luck out there. And if you see people down there chat it up. You'd be surprised at what you can learn from the locals down there.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Great info fishinislife, thanks I was planning pnp, but might try this shore line instead.

:cheers:

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 pm

scott080379 wrote:Great info fishinislife, thanks I was planning pnp, but might try this shore line instead.

Seriously, talk to the ladies in the store. They know of just about every fish that comes off that beach. And if you hang out around there enough during a day, someone will have some good info on the bite.
Let me know when either of you go down there and maybe I can meet up with ya.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

scott080379
Commodore

Post by scott080379 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:53 pm

fishnislife wrote:
scott080379 wrote:Great info fishinislife, thanks I was planning pnp, but might try this shore line instead.

Seriously, talk to the ladies in the store. They know of just about every fish that comes off that beach. And if you hang out around there enough during a day, someone will have some good info on the bite.
Let me know when either of you go down there and maybe I can meet up with ya.

fishnislife

Sounds good, I should know by Saturday afternoon. I hope Ronz can make it to since he started this thread :cheers:

jsmith78
Petty Officer

Post by jsmith78 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm

I am planning on fishing out at point no point. When does it start to get good fishing for shore anglers and where are some of the spots to try out there along the lighthouse and down around the bend.

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:52 am

jsmith78 wrote:I am planning on fishing out at point no point. When does it start to get good fishing for shore anglers and where are some of the spots to try out there along the lighthouse and down around the bend.
Go right at the point off of point no point, best spot for sure. Better get up real early if you want to get that spot though. It will probably be good in 2 weeks but I'm sure right now there are a few kings starting to come in that area and some pinks.