my outboard got stolen!

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
flippinfool
Commander

RE:my outboard got stolen!

Post by flippinfool » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:04 pm

PARA 45 LIMITED SUBCOMPACT !
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:23 pm

$454C short= ported!!!:cheers: and my knees :colors: :clown: :-$ :cheers: LMAO!!!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:33 pm

I love the Flipper:-$ :cheers: Ford Truck = autoloaders in the side door cut outs:bom: :bounce:

A beauty of a ride:-$ backed and packed with 45 autoloaders:thumright ](*,) gave me a few ideas:study: for the saw off auto shot gun for road control and care:study: :sunny: o:)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl762
Petty Officer

Post by Carl762 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:44 am

that just sucks. I'm going to have to visit the boat tomorrow to see if all's well.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 am

I feel your loss. I'm sorry. My 5hp kicker was stolen off my boat the last year we had a Sockeye season. I moor it a a friend house and motor was gone in the early am. Good luck getting it back.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 am

The Sea Scouts got hit. Im thinking that if I need to go buy a motor, Im going to require paperwork of some sort, reciepts maybe. Ive never owned a kicker sized motor, are there docs that go with them?

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories ... 56c75.html

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:51 am

Hey Ra...I recorded the make, model, manf. date, serial # then installed a 'locking device'...took a picture of the device /outboard together and had the T8 insured w/ the rest of the boat. If it gets taken...I pay the deductible, get a replacement and move on. Simple as that!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:11 am

mav186 wrote:Hey Ra...I recorded the make, model, manf. date, serial # then installed a 'locking device'...took a picture of the device /outboard together and had the T8 insured w/ the rest of the boat. If it gets taken...I pay the deductible, get a replacement and move on. Simple as that!
Been down that road and I can say with out a doubt that it's much easier to to take the motor off and put it in the garage when it's not in use.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 am

Bodofish wrote:
mav186 wrote:Hey Ra...I recorded the make, model, manf. date, serial # then installed a 'locking device'...took a picture of the device /outboard together and had the T8 insured w/ the rest of the boat. If it gets taken...I pay the deductible, get a replacement and move on. Simple as that!
Been down that road and I can say with out a doubt that it's much easier to to take the motor off and put it in the garage when it's not in use.
This may work for you...however it's not practicable w/ my set-up. My motor is bolted and sealed to a welded kicker transom. If someone really wants it...they will get it...as Big D said...that's why I have my rig insured to the hilt.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:53 am

Me too. Still a PIA and you're missing your kicker for over a week while the cops the insurance co. and the dealer get their stuff together. I've danced the dance and it's easier to keep it in the garage. Two minutes off and on. Slam dunk.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am

Bodofish wrote:Me too. Still a PIA and you're missing your kicker for over a week while the cops the insurance co. and the dealer get their stuff together. I've danced the dance and it's easier to keep it in the garage. Two minutes off and on. Slam dunk.
I'm sure you do this out in the field too...where half of them get stolen.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm

From the statistics my insurance co sent me after the theft, relatively few are stolen in the field, most are gone when the boat is parked for a while and the thieves have a chance to plan.
Now if you park in front of a busy motel for weeks at a time all bets are off.

And yes I take my OB dolly with me if I'm going to out a few days and put it in the motel room with me.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:46 pm

That's great Bo...we both stated how we deal w/ the situation. If your trolling for an argument...move along, nothing to see here folks. Now we return to the original thread........

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Nothing is more irritating than having something stolen. I feel bad for you. I will offer up one tiny little ray of hope and a good reason to report it stolen. I had my pickup broken into after a hunting trip I returned from in the middle of the night. I was lazy and didn't take my stuff in. Long story short....3 years later it turned up in a drug bust and because I had reported it stolen it was returned to me. Odds are one in a million but it happened to me and it could happen to you too if you report it.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:37 pm

mav186 wrote:That's great Bo...we both stated how we deal w/ the situation. If your trolling for an argument...move along, nothing to see here folks. Now we return to the original thread........
Who's trolling? I'm not aguing with anyone. I just think leaving your things out to be stolen is a no win for everyone.
1. It encourages the thieves.
2. It raises everyone elses insurance rates.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Desertcreek wrote:Nothing is more irritating than having something stolen. I feel bad for you. I will offer up one tiny little ray of hope and a good reason to report it stolen. I had my pickup broken into after a hunting trip I returned from in the middle of the night. I was lazy and didn't take my stuff in. Long story short....3 years later it turned up in a drug bust and because I had reported it stolen it was returned to me. Odds are one in a million but it happened to me and it could happen to you too if you report it.
DC is a smart guy for reporting it to the cops and not many people do he did and he got his stuff back REPORT IT!:cheers:

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 pm

I just realized I neglected to say that it was a rifle that had been stolen, along with some other stuff. The rifle was the item found and returned.

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:05 pm

even better!