WashingtonLakes.com Lake Sammamish Open Sunday July 19th!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Lake Sammamish Open Sunday July 19th!

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks for all the kind words ALL !! The derby and the pic nic was both Great ! Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves including me ! I stayed so busy , that i never had a chance to sit down and grub !! lol I did get chance to talk with a few members but not all (sorry) ! The casting contest was fun , And yep Mark pulled off the Win in a close bloody cage match style face off with myself ..lol I want thanks Mike and Aaron for making this happen again ! I wanna also thank all that offered help on getting set up etc ! The weather was good , fishing was good , and members made the day ! I was a little disappointed that there wasnt more kids there this year , its soo cool to get them involved and put smiles on there face !! but there is always 2010 ..and for those who couldnt make it , Sorry but yes you missed a fun day at the park !!

BBD :-({|=

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:42 am

Hey Everyone! My wife and I would like to send a very warm ‘thank-you’ to everyone who was able to show yesterday. Mike, Dez and FIL…thanks a bunch, it would not have been the success that it was without your efforts. Very nice job!
It was very nice to meet some awesome folks. This was exactly the reason why I decided to join this forum…to meet like minded people who enjoy doing and sharing what we love best…that is FISHING, FRIENDS and FAMILY.
We have so many good memories from yesterday and as most have stated…it was great to match faces w/ names…and yes, even real names too! We took roughly 80 pics and sent them to Mike to share. I can’t tell you how happy it made my wife (Mav186 ½) to catch and show her trout…she was glowing all evening and humbled by the warm welcome and hospitality offered by all. Sorry to have missed those who could not make it. Hope to see even more members next year!

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am

Greetings and thanks from the fishing collector and the person that let's me do both! Jeanette and I met some nice people and was great to put a real person to a forum and thread comment. The food was great and the fishing derby went, as my wife said, "normal"...a woman won First place! and Second place! Keeps the guys in line! The bass bunch put on quite a show not only with their fish but the casting expertise. It was great and I learned a few tricks. Thanks to Mike and his wife for the nice time along with Dez and Jeremiah's help. I'm sure many more should be thanked. We had a good time and hope to meet some more people next year. Thanks again from Steve and Jeanette
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:47 am

Hi Everyone, I also just want to give a big thanks to Mike, Jeremiah, and especially Dez, who I had the pleasure of sharing a boat with on Sunday! Oh and don't let Dez fool you with his "I don't get too excited when I get a fish on, or lose a fish" routine. Dude had emotions flowing out of every pore in his body! :) But hey losing your (possibly 2) PB largies on a Frog, can do that to a man! :) Had a great time, and really enjoyed meeting the people that I've interacted with here on the site. This was my first Derby but already looking forward to next years! Best -Dave
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:25 am

WL.com BBQ & Derby through Gringo's eyes.

These are the better pics I got yesterday. I think I missed some of the derby entries (like kzoo's) hopefully someone can fill in my blanks.

I had a GREAT day - only landed one perch the whole day, but the weather and people more than made up for it! Can't wait for next year!:cheers:
Attachments
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG (93.6 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG (113.1 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG (118.34 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG (93.16 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG (125.84 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
IMG_0425.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG (88.43 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG (96.47 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG (69.63 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG (124.44 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG (117.01 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG (121.72 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
IMG_0401.JPG
IMG_0401.JPG (137.43 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
IMG_0400.JPG
IMG_0400.JPG (68.83 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0398.JPG (97.53 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:01 pm

:cheers: Great Time and Good People! Had a blast. :cheers:

Beatiful fish came in and the boys did not dissapoint. Congrats once again to Jolie for pinning down both 1st and 2nd Place in the Trout Category.
And Gringo, man O man, what do I say? 3 years in a row? Seriously, your banned! I can't wait tell next year when someone around here de-throwns you.

We really appreciate the kind words and thanks. Makes all the work well worth it. You guys are great. Hope to see double the numbers next year.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:28 pm

:compress: wow what afun event and i didnt even get to fish :cheers: thanks MIKE CAREY DEZ FISHINISLIFE AND ALL WHO MADE THIS A REALITY!!!! Me and my wife had wonderful time and got to shake hands with a few of the members of this great site! I know iam a litttle scary lookin but looks are not everything iam a guy with fishin and hotrod problem and iam getting help!:compress: ITS GREAT BEING A PART OF AN AWESOME FISHING FAMILY.:cheers: THIS SITE IS GREAT AND SUNDAY WAS PROOF OF IT THANKS MIKE AND THANKS EVERYONE WHO CAME!:compress:
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks for posting the pics Gringo. Anyone else have shots to share please put them up. Mav186 sent me a ton but I'm done plumb tuckered today getting this video done for your viewing pleasure. :cheers:

Thanks to all that came and made such a fun day of it. Thanks to Dez and Fishnislife, thanks to our sponsors that donated lot's gear so we had plenty of goodies for everyone. Fishing Colector and Swede, thanks for the gear and rod/reel (which will be given away at next year's event!)

I think Dez, Fishnislife, and myself learned a lot from this, our first Fishing Derby/BBQ event. I already have ideas for next year to increase the fun factor and give more people a chance to catch fun family fish - can someone say "Bass and PERCH Derby"? See you in 2010! :bball:

WL.com Lake Sammamish BBQ and Fishing Derby 2009!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Perch? Now even I can catch one of them, maybe even 2 perches. Image
Tom.

Interests: living

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Very Cool Mike. Nice work.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Looks like a great time.,, I got hung up trying to get back in town Sunday morning and couldn't get over for the BBQ/weigh in..

Great pictures Gringo...Congrats on getting that casting crown once again...

Nice video Mark...

Looking forward to seeing more pictures if anyones got em!?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:42 am

fishnislife wrote:

fishnislife
=d> =d> =d> =d>
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:51 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:
fishnislife wrote:

fishnislife
=d&gt]
Two thumbs up!!! Great job Mike ... can't wait till next year!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:21 am

:cheers: Thanks allot to Mike, BBD, and Fishinislife. I had a blast at the BBQ. It was great meeting everyone and getting to chit chat. It was awsome sitting in the back of the boat watching Sparky slay smallie after smallie while I snag all the perch out of his way. LOL Can't wait til' next year guys!:bounce:

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:20 am

Looked like a great time. Hats off to the organizers!! :salut:

I know last year was fun, so I can only imagine this year. Wish I could of made it, but it just wasn't in the cards.

#1. Who let Gringo win the Casting Title three years in row?? Absurd!! 3-peat!!. I don't think anybody will match that for another 10 years. Seriously Gringo....you must have a rigorous training schedule leading up to the contest...:clown: ( I know you secretly practice 4 hours a day...:-$ )

#2. Did Rac make it?? How was the patented "pickled grub"??

#3. Was swede really on the grill instead of the water?? :chef: I don't belive it....:^o

#4 Did Dez entertain as usual?? I swear dez, I'll be your camera guy ANYTIME. LMK when you wanna start that fishin show...:-"

Once again, looked fun. Nice to see the WL gang hanging out. Who won longest traveled this year?? (taking my award :-({|= )
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks Mike, BBD, and Fishinislife for making this happen. I had a great time meeting new people, fishing and eating lol.
Thank you Swede and everyone else who donated tackle, clothes, and food. Can't wait till next year.:cheers: :colors: :cheers: :colors: !!!
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Amx wrote:Perch? Now even I can catch one of them, maybe even 2 perches. Image
When 2-3 o'clock rolled around and were were sitting on the water realizing we still had no fish to take for the official weigh in anyways, we switched to perch and caught probably 20+. What would a perch derby consist of... biggest, or most? or smallest? because i had some truly impressive dinks :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:28 pm

probably biggest, and a kid's category. simple and fun

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:36 pm

davidwat1 wrote:
SPARKY101 wrote:
davidwat1 wrote:I'll be there! Dez and I are fishing together. Looking forward to meeting the crew!:bounce:
Oh david you in for it now#-o bring your ipod with ear buds..and make sure he stays in the back of the boat"he like to try a cuddle"
Hey Spark, ya know now that you mention it, he did seem awful "comfortable" on your boat that day, in fact I think he had pretty well taken over the front deck from what I can recall! Dez dude, that ain't happening on my watch! :bom:
Hey Sparky, just wanted to let you know that Dez did indeed try to cozy his way up to the front deck on the ol' Triton, however one good whack the froggin' stick had him scrambling to the backdeck like a panther!!!!!!:-" sounds like a joke right...well unfortunately it's not! :( Dez, seriously dude, sorry for whacking you on that backcast, but you did get to take over the front while I picked the massive backlash out of my reel from that little "episode", and my silver lining :sunny: was that it reminded me I needed to sharpen the hooks on that FROG!!!! LMAO!:joker:
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:28 pm

davidwat1 wrote:
davidwat1 wrote:
SPARKY101 wrote: Oh david you in for it now#-o bring your ipod with ear buds..and make sure he stays in the back of the boat"he like to try a cuddle"
Hey Spark, ya know now that you mention it, he did seem awful "comfortable" on your boat that day, in fact I think he had pretty well taken over the front deck from what I can recall! Dez dude, that ain't happening on my watch! :bom:
Hey Sparky, just wanted to let you know that Dez did indeed try to cozy his way up to the front deck on the ol' Triton, however one good whack the froggin' stick had him scrambling to the backdeck like a panther!!!!!!:-" sounds like a joke right...well unfortunately it's not! :( Dez, seriously dude, sorry for whacking you on that backcast, but you did get to take over the front while I picked the massive backlash out of my reel from that little "episode", and my silver lining :sunny: was that it reminded me I needed to sharpen the hooks on that FROG!!!! LMAO!:joker:
One word man "Wacko".. yep flat out man David is soo gansta out there on the water .. (awsome) ...Point and case , i had a blow up at one point and pulled my bait away from the fish too early .. Dave yelled at me at the top of his lungs "GET IT BACK THERE " .. After i stop shaking from fear of a beat down , i made another cast and hooked that fish .. man on man i was sooo glade that fish ate my bait because there is a chance that i wouldnt have made it back to land ..#-o Put it this way , if your not ready to bring your A game when fishing with dave there is a chance you will come back a little black and blue !! :-# Once again man, thanks for "whipping " me into shape that day ! and im sorry for making you yell and beat me , i know it was alll my fault dude !! LMAO !!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”