WashingtonLakes.com Lake Sammamish Open Sunday July 19th!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:WashingtonLakes.com Lake Sammamish Open Sunday July 19th!

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:05 pm

daniel easley wrote:In the derby rules it says "All boaters shall have boater’s insurance coverage on their boats and passengers". How do I go about getting Boaters insurance?
That applies to anything over 16' - no worries on smaller boats - I thought I had updated that...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:11 pm

*UPDATE*

Extravaganza/Derby Schedule

6:00 Gates Open

6:20 Boaters Meeting

6:30 Blast-Off/Start Fishing
Late arrivals will have to check in at beach. Launch your boat and head over to the park beach if you show up later than 7:00.

1ish is when Mike will fire up the grill and start the BBQ

2:00 Weigh-In

2:30 Random Prize Drawings

3:00 2nd Place Awards
1st Place Awards
Random Drawing

*Casting Contest
will take place after all awards

All Anlgers - please review the rules and liability form before coming to the derby.

Roll Call

1) Mike Carey - Hot Dogs/Buns, water
2) fishnislife - Plates, Napkins, Utensils
3) BigbassDez - Chips
4) RaMcVey +4
5) swedefish4life1
6) Steve F. aka mav186 - dessert
7) Jolie F.
8) BassinBomber
9) BassFanatic
10) Davidwat1
11) Fishing Machine
12) Gringo Pescador
13) Steven N
14) Joe P
15) sparky101 - ketchup-mayo-mustard-relish..squeeze bottles
16) bassmasterderek
17) Trent Hale
18) Anthony B
19) Hayden C
20) Erik B
21) Bisk1tSnGraV - dessert
22) BassDodd
23) Dustin07 +1
24) EastsideRedneck +1 (bbq) – dessert
25) racfish - (bbq) – stuff pickled
26) R0cky23
27) stevoblue + 1
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Can't make it again this year...#-o

But I'd like to thank the boys for putting on this years Extravaganza = Mike, Fishnislife, Bigbassdez, and whomever else is helping run this thing.

I'm sure you all will have a great time. Report back with pictures, and tell us who won big fish/casting contest, etc...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:44 pm

I can't come either. I hope there will be lots of pictures. What about a video?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:45 pm

I can't come either. I hope there will be lots of pictures. What about a video?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:03 am

video, maybe. I actually have a LOT of video projects I'm struggling to get to.

BTW, if I didn't say, we will have entry forms at the boat ramp for guys checking in that haven't sent them yet.

At this point I wouldn't bother paying by mail, it's not likely to get to me in time.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 am

Add R0cky23 to the list. Also we will bring some dessert as well.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

stevoblue
Petty Officer

Post by stevoblue » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:32 am

I have someone meeting me that morning. I have never been to that boat launch. Is there room for individal vehicles without trailers to park? Can I assume we will have the meeting and then launch?

Thanks

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 am

Yes

and

Yes. Altho it is normal to launch the boat when you get to a tourny. Then you are all prepared as soon as the driver's meeting is over. I like to get someplace and launch as early as possible, then I'm not hurried.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:54 am

It would be great if Boat drivers could get there as early as possible , I will inspecting LiveWells and getting liabilty forms signed as you pull in .. The quicker we can do this , the earlier we can launch and fish !! There will not be a Boat # drawing either , we will blast off at the same time that morning .. The boaters meeting will mainly consist of Us Pointing out the off limit areas on the lake and making sure everyone knows what time to be back by , and to answer any questions from anyone about the do's and donts ...

BBD :batman:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Thus far the weather conditions show that we will have 70-74 as a high with light winds coming out the Northeast with partly cloudy skies through out the day .. Great !! If anything major changes i will update this , but it appears we should be OK !!

If anyone needs my cell # please PM me , and tell me why ? :clown:

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 pm

I may end up making an appearance. Weekends are busy at work, but I just got a schedule change, so now it's possible. Probably won't make the derby though (work until 8am), just bbq and casting contest. We'll see. How are we doing on grub? anything that needs to be brought that we don't have already??
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Rollin with Rolland wrote:I may end up making an appearance. Weekends are busy at work, but I just got a schedule change, so now it's possible. Probably won't make the derby though (work until 8am), just bbq and casting contest. We'll see. How are we doing on grub? anything that needs to be brought that we don't have already??

Right on Rolland , looking forward to seeing you again bro !! and if you dont mind we are having a problem with DORITOS (COOL RANCH) can you look into this major issue and see if get r done ! >>>> :-&

And as for the arrival time , dude you can still fish ! just pay mike at the part sign the form and start casting .. he will tell you about the times and rules !!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods

Panic Minnow

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:42 pm

I wish I was doing the fishing part. This reminds me of my rowing for Green Lake Rowing club. We used to do these reggattas in Canada. Every morning the Canucks would serve all the usa guys big huge delicious breakfasts.We use to wonder why the Canucks never ate with us?They just had a lil juice and that was it. It took me a lil while later to find out why they served bacon sausage pancakes,eggs,toast,juices,milks.You name it we ate it.Wed start the race and our guys were all or most were in the can . Once the race started wed be sweating and having belly aches w/ leg cramps from all the food.So I was happy to see that y'all have the que after fishing.Hehehehe.

Now the real question.Do we need to grab ourselves tables?Once were set up at the tables can we wet our lines just for fun?(w/o interfeering with the derby?)My other thing is I'm only one.Can I just latch on to someones table? or should I get there ealy enough to get one myself?Thanks gents.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Alright, let me get some of the questions tackled that Dez hasn't already.
As far as launch and blast off, be there at 6am and we can get everyone squared away. If it ends up that we have a lot of boats we will do blast off by who checks in first and so on. That will be your boat #. Just so it's not a cluster for Blast-Off.
My goal is to get everyone off and fishing by 6:30am.

NOTE: If you are launching a tube, canoe, toon or shore fishing you are meeting at 6am in the State Park with Mike and Gringo. You will have an anglers meeting at 6:20am as well. And fishing will begin for you at 6:30am. Questions about this please PM myself, Dez or Mike.

If something is not clear at this point we would like to know.

racfish - bringing a table is not neccassary. There are plenty there and since we will be the first ones around we will gather a bunch for the bbq. Now if you what to bring your personal folding camp chair that might be a comfortable way to go. As far as fishing without being in the tourney, go for it. If anyone wants to fish and not participate that is fine, but what is a couple of bucks for a chance at a Benjamin. Since you'll be fishing anyways. Just my thought.

If you are going and not on the Roll Call, post up please. We would like to get an accurate #. Also, we would like to include guests as well so we know what to expect. Thanks guys. Looking forward to a great day. And BIG fish!

*At this point we need Sidedishes. Potatoe Salad, Coleslaw, Beans..... ect. Be creative, we all would like to try a family favorite.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:32 pm

So i have stuff for the picnic and what am i suppose to do with it when i launch..i cant afford to give DW1 and DEZ 1 sec of fish time more than me..BIG JERM do i give to you so u can take it over or what...What time is derby over if mike starting food at approx 1pm...EXPLAIN TROOTER:cheers:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:38 pm

I can bring an empty cooler and have some ice in 'old' milk cartons. Some cold stuff can be stored in that. I'll probably be at the boat launch until all the baots are sent away and whenever the 'puter-onners' go over to the BBQ area.
Tom.

Interests: living

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Good questions guys because it helps us organize. Fishnislife and Big Bass Dez are covering the boat launch registration and send off. Gringo Pescador and I are setting up the park BBQ area. My goal is to grab the same location as last year - down on the beach by the swimming area (to the left as you look out on the lake, to the right as you look at shore). We will be grabbing a bunch of tables and getting it all set up. There will also be a big banner and at least one portable shade thingy. They will have a check off list with those that have paid and will check everyone in. We will have plenty of extra registration forms. Please, if you haven't paid, bring exact change or a check to WashingtonLakes.com. No credit cards or $100 bills, LOL. I leave the check in logistics to Dez and Fishn. Don't forget, boat launch is $7. They have a machine (cash only) and also drop boxes at the boat launch.

As Fishnislife mentioned, if you are a tuber or pontoon guy you can launch at the beach area, in which case BE SURE to have exact change and PLEASE download the entry form and have it filled out for me as I'll be busy setting stuff up. I don't mind you guys launching out of the beach area, just realize I'll be stressing initially to grab that spot!

If you have food and you are launching to go fishing: give the food to Dez and Fishnislife. Either myself or Gringo will swing over there to pick it all up.

Things we could use for the BBQ:

Another 1-2 big sun screen shade thingies. A couple extra LARGE coolers with a couple bags of ice in each to keep things cold. I'm not requiring people bring food but in the spirit of a potluck it will be appreciated! We had plenty of food last year and I expect this year will be the same. I'm not even asking for particulars, I'm doing this "Zen" style and expect to have exactly what we need. :cheese:

I will start food at 1pm and we will just eat from that point on. We will be sure to save food for the hardcore anglers that go until 2pm.

I'm sure we may think of a few more things so keep checking this thread! :chef:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:03 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:So i have stuff for the picnic and what am i suppose to do with it when i launch..i cant afford to give DW1 and DEZ 1 sec of fish time more than me..BIG JERM do i give to you so u can take it over or what...What time is derby over if mike starting food at approx 1pm...EXPLAIN TROOTER:cheers:
I'll give them an hour head start. No prob. What are you worried about? Besides, Dez has to help set-up over in the Park so he probably won't be on the water tell 730 anyways. But no problem about the stuff. I'll take it. And yes, Mike will fire up the grill at 1pm and if people want to come in early to settle down they can. Weigh-In is at 2pm. So be at the Park Beach then.

fishnislife

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks for clearing this up..and BIG JERM not worried bout DEZ but DW1 hmmm..hes unpredictable#-o so since DEZ and DW1 fish together i will give them my stuff so they can take it over...AND I HOPe EVERYONE ELSE DOES ALSO!!! lets load his boat..let JERM fish guys:clown:
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”