Shimano Stradic FI + What rod?

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
Kfedka
Commander

Shimano Stradic FI + What rod?

Post by Kfedka » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 am

From this topic Link

What are som good rods to get that would last years to come. Something that would work for walleye, trout, panfish?

fishing collector
Captain

RE:Shimano Stradic FI + What rod?

Post by fishing collector » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 am

Are you looking for a do all rod or a make of rods that fit the bill with several models?...Are you going to make your own or store bought or custom made?.....What price range...Lot's of questions when you leave it so open.... ;-) Steve

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

Livin4Fishin
Petty Officer

RE:Shimano Stradic FI + What rod?

Post by Livin4Fishin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:47 pm

I don't know a whole lot about all the rods out there but I have a 6'6" Gloomis GL2 Light that I use for trout fishing. I love it. I went for a light so I had enough backbone for some larger browns when i go to eastern washington. Lifetime warranty and well built rod. New I paid $180. There is also the GL3 for a few more bucks but I have never used it so I can't give you any personal opinion just that the people i know with one love it. Hope this helps
Have a son and you'll have a fishin partner for life.