~ Buzzbaits JM2pennies ~

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
fishismylif
Petty Officer

~ Buzzbaits JM2pennies ~

Post by fishismylif » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 pm

I dont have much right now because I am on unemployment :-$ , so I have to make my pennies count. Im a not a rookie, as I have a ton of experience back in TN :-$ . I have been reading alot on buzzbaits on a few sites, but I dont have much to spend. Does anyone know where I can get free ones, or $1.00 ones? :-$

What type of line should I use on buzzbaits? I only have 8lbs right now, and Ive seen many big fish caught on that line. Ive only lost 2 fish on that - one was on Silver lake my favorite lake :-$ . Will that work?

:-$ Keep the change :-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ckim85
Commander

RE:~ Buzzbaits JM2pennies ~

Post by ckim85 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 pm

When I was at Walmart out in Aberdeen, they had spinnerbaits for like $1.20 or something. Not quite sure abotu Buzzbaits...
and 8lbs is fine. I know people that get by with 6lb line.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 pm

Cabelas and Wal-marche or $1 and change. Most people use a good 15lb or 17lb line, some throw heavy braid. I assume it all depends in how and where you are going to be launching this bait.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:31 pm

You might get by with 8# but I won't go out with anything less than 12# and I prefer a 20# braid.

Walmart used to have no-name buzzbaits for $1.20 to $1.50 but I haven't seen them stock them at all this year, just the $1 spinners.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:22 am

I haven't seen any generic buzzbaits around either. Used to see them often, but not anymore. I prefer 18# mono for buzzbaits myself. Helps me run the bait slow and keep it on the surface still.

8# mono will get the job done , but could break your heart if you hook into a pig near cover.

tagwatson360
Commander

Post by tagwatson360 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:48 am

fishismylif,

I'm sorry to hear you have encountered some difficult times. Honestly, quality components are extremely important on a buzzbait for both performance and durability. It is very difficult to find a buzzbait that meets these criteria for under 6 or 7 dollars. I will be happy to send you some quality buzzbaits to try. Just PM me your address and I will mail you a few. Also, I will include some heavier line for you to spool up with. Good fishin'.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:56 am

tagwatson360 wrote:fishismylif,

I'm sorry to hear you have encountered some difficult times. Honestly, quality components are extremely important on a buzzbait for both performance and durability. It is very difficult to find a buzzbait that meets these criteria for under 6 or 7 dollars. I will be happy to send you some quality buzzbaits to try. Just PM me your address and I will mail you a few. Also, I will include some heavier line for you to spool up with. Good fishin'.
Way to help out a fellow fisherman Tag!!! As always your help shines through whether it be just a question from a beginner fisherman like me or helping out someone like this. This is one of the big reasons I come to this site often is the great people that build up the foundation of this community!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 am

wow that is hella cool of you Tag! I hope they work out for ya fishismylif. I'm sure whatever Tag sends ya will work. So fish it with confidence =) .

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:24 am

fishismylif , are you going to be at the BBQ?
Tom.

Interests: living

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 pm

tagwatson360 wrote:fishismylif,

You know, I have been fishing with an old bamboo rod and a 7' piece of an elm branch for the longest time. Sure would be nice to get a new lamiglas rod...

Just kidding, but nice to see that there are good people out there who are willing to make small gestures to an unknown individual in order to enhance someones life and experiences. Tag- You are #1.

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 pm

tag...if thats even your real name. I appreciate your kindness greatly. maybe we could even start a bromance. talk to you soon

BucketMouthCatcher
Petty Officer

Post by BucketMouthCatcher » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:35 pm

#-o LOL bromance . #-o no you didn't :jocolor: :jocolor: :jocolor: LMFAO .

skimpy
Commander

Post by skimpy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 pm

#-o
BucketMouthCatcher wrote:#-o LOL bromance . #-o no you didn't :jocolor: :jocolor: :jocolor: LMFAO .

LOL
:-k [-x [-( :thumbdown #-o :scratch:
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/thatguyskimpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:44 pm

fishismylif wrote:tag...if thats even your real name. I appreciate your kindness greatly. maybe we could even start a bromance. talk to you soon
dude, not sure if you were joking or not, but you get a guy like Tag offering up something like that, I think you best just say THANK YOU VERY MUCH and leave it at that!:-# #-o
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 pm

i chatted with him on PM and he thought it was quite halair.