Headed to banks for the first time

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
ameluke
Angler

Headed to banks for the first time

Post by ameluke » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Hey Everybody!

Well I am headed to Banks for the first time ever this coming weekend. I am planning on targetting walleyes. I was wondering if anyone had any up-to-date info as where I would begin on the lake. I have plenty of walleye experience as i grew up fishing them in Minnesota. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as where the best place ot start would be. I am thinking that they probably will be a bit deeper as the water, am guessin here, should be warmed up nicely. I have everything to build harnesses on the spot and plenty of jigs to go around for on-top fishing if i can locate them. All info would be greatly appreciated. I will be toten a boat and about 8 people that i am going to have to rotate out of the boat so everyone gets a chance at them. Thanks in advance!!

Luke

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Headed to banks for the first time

Post by Amx » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:21 pm

My biggest Wally was taken on a spinnerbait in 'The Devil's Punch Bowl' outside the weedline off the state camping grounds, which are on the east side of Steamboat Rock. Others have been taken on the west side of Steamboat at the south end where the 'bank' turns inward and there is a big rock at that turn-in. And off that dropoff. Others at the south end of Eagle Rock off the dropoff and rocks.
Tom.

Interests: living

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Stop @ Big Wally's Tackle Shop on your way up the lake and ask. They'll dial ya in. Best advice I can give.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

medic1
Petty Officer

Post by medic1 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Just got back. New report posted