What's 4 Dinner!

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
fishnislife
Admiral

What's 4 Dinner!

Post by fishnislife » Sat May 02, 2009 6:21 pm

:chef: Whatcha have for dinner? :chef:

Tonight I deep fried some Catfish and Homemade fries and mixed up some Fresh Tarter Sauce. The salad is bagged Fresh Express - Pacifica Veggie Surpreme. Our family really likes this salad.

So first off I started mixing up the Tarter Sauce. This is really basic Tarter Sauce, but the trick is to chop up the onion and pickles very finely. I think with this batch, I could have chopped a little more. Pepper to taste and add as much mayo as you like for consistancy. Toss it in the fridge. The longer the better. More time for the ingredients to infuse.

Next I cut up the potatoes into fryable pieces. I like them pretty thin so that they are crispy. Soak them in water with a little bit of sugar. Minimum of 15 minutes up to 2 hours if you'd like.

After that I prepared my favorite batter. Pride of the Northwest! I like to use either MGD or Pabst beer in place of the water. But it is so good either way. I cut the Catfish up into fryable cubes and rolled them in the batter.

Now it's fry time!

I fry between 375-400 depending on the size of the batch I am frying. Fries take about 10+min. because I like them to be crunchy. Right after I pull the fries and dump them in a bowl, I toss some Sea Salt on them (another alternative is Lawry's). The catfish I just watch until golden brown. Usually around 4-5 mins.

One satisfied customer.

Ohhh, and for dessert we had peanut M&M's. :cheers:

:chef: Whatcha have for dinner? :chef:

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:What's 4 Dinner!

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sat May 02, 2009 7:23 pm

4 hour pulled salt water:-$ spot shrimp 80 each and lings:-$ :cheers: :chef:

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat May 02, 2009 7:51 pm

swedefish4life1 wrote:4 hour pulled salt water:-$ spot shrimp 80 each and lings:-$ :cheers: :chef:
Look forward to seeing the meal you put together with those. Post up your Dinner Time! when you cook it up swede.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Ate hours ago :-# :chef: /photo show under shrimpers:-$ seals the spotters:chef:

Chopped whole garlic, real dipping butter, fresh green salad loaded and BBQ lings fillets
I ate 92 oversized Spot shrimp in one setting:cyclopsan #-o :chef: :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 02, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I heated up a left over bbq hamburger in the microwave with cheese and placed it on bread with lettuce, tomato, thousand island dressing, mustard, and pickles.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

bubba800
Petty Officer

Post by bubba800 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:42 pm

i had some pizza no fish tonight or shrimp :P
See you out there =]

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Sat May 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Tonights dinner was from my favorite taco truck. Too busy to cook tonight but will have fresh shrimp tomorrow. fresh halibut the past 4 days. Ling on Mondays menu. Have to take advantage of the fresh groceries when they are legally available.
Life's short - fish hard!

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sat May 02, 2009 11:44 pm

I had a salad with fat free ranch and an 8 ounce seasoned and grilled turkey burger (no bun) and a water. Eating very healthy these days. In the last 15 months I have lost 131 pounds. I'm a new man and feel fantastic! All of your dinners sounded great.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 am

I'm with you Dave.Its fat free living for me also.I'm now down 69.5 lbs myself and feeling great.If it wasnt for my foot surgery Id be out walking in this great weather.Keep it up Dave I'm right behind you bro.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:13 am

I gained 8lbs the last week after loosing 45lbs in one month!!!!:-$ :cheers:

I need my 245lb Back and soon I am pounding 4 eggs raw and proteins shakes stacking them 2x a hour and L-Carnitine 4x a day

I will never get back to 265lbs lean and mean:batman: but I will fight to make my 240lbs:-$ and fast.

I ate 91 shrimpers last night and Lingers meat on the BBQ they all stayed down this is a big win for me!:-# :cheers: :chef:

I am back on my training diet Jenn is real happy the only thing I hear is good lord:cyclopsan :compress: :colors: lol

Oh and last 12 Ensures a day:cyclopsan :eye:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 03, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 am

Dave wrote:I had a salad with fat free ranch and an 8 ounce seasoned and grilled turkey burger (no bun) and a water. Eating very healthy these days. In the last 15 months I have lost 131 pounds. I'm a new man and feel fantastic! All of your dinners sounded great.
That is great. Your dinner sounds good.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:38 am

Racfish I am so PROUD OF YOU :-$ the other day driving by Jenney Call me Craig :chef: :cyclops:

Seeing:cyclopsan you busting out that ((Pink WORKOUT GEAR))#-o :-# made me realize your true DEVOTION to sweating out the lbs:thumleft: =d> :viking: 8-[ lol
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 03, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sun May 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Rac,

Good to hear you are still at it. It's nice to buy normal sized clothes and feel good about myself. I receive comments from people every day and many at my work have also made some eating and exercise changes and are losing weight. My life change (how I eat and making exercise both cardio and weights a part of my life) was the best decision I have ever made. I was off on my time frame though. I've been at it now for 16 months. Life is good! Keep at it.

Dave

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Sun May 03, 2009 5:03 pm

swedefish4life1 wrote:Ate hours ago :-# :chef: /photo show under shrimpers:-$ seals the spotters:chef:

Chopped whole garlic, real dipping butter, fresh green salad loaded and BBQ lings fillets
I ate 92 oversized Spot shrimp in one setting:cyclopsan #-o :chef: :cheers:
lol yes !!:cheers: 92 oversized yum
fish on!

someguyseattle
Petty Officer

Post by someguyseattle » Sun May 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Go Swede! Put them pounds back on - folks need you at your fightin' weight!
The fish. They are laughing at me. Can you hear them?

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun May 03, 2009 9:13 pm

swede,swede,swede. come on now the summers coming and me and you need to get some kids hooked up on some salmon. bonics101 lessons are needed for the kiddies lol
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon May 04, 2009 2:40 am

Yes my son:-$ :cheers: 3am 3rd power shake and raw eggs we getting ready for more :batman: and I cannot sleep a drop until were done the white coats will love the Swede at 9am arrival I should be full of cheer and POWER HUGS:cyclopsan :chef:

I love ya Race You be the man :cheers: I just cannot let you win without earning it!!! ](*,) :viking: :thumleft:

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon May 04, 2009 5:55 pm

swede in good spirits . those battered fish look good.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 04, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Thu May 28, 2009 10:42 am

chicken
fish on!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Tonight I cooked Baby Backs in the oven for 3hrs @ 300 starting at 2pm. I put a 1/2in of water in a pan with a teaspoon of liquid smoke, sprinkled Lawry's and pepper on them and covered tight with foil. Once we got back from the beach @ 5 I tossed some cut up red potatoes in the pan of juice with Lawry's and onions while I bbq the ribs on the grill. An addition of Bush's baked beans rounded this meal off nicely.

The key to cooking quality ribs is to cut down the bone, half way, between each bone, before putting them in the oven. Now a 3hr cook time is plenty of time to get tender, fall of the bone ribs. Even an hour will get you tender ribs. But the only problem you'll run into by cooking ribs in the oven this long will be them falling apart on the grill. But doing this many times I kind of have a way of doing it.

fishnislife
Attachments
009.JPG
009.JPG (166.68 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”