small lakes and storm ponds

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BassinBomber
Admiral

RE:small lakes and storm ponds

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:35 pm

fishismylif wrote:
tnj8222 wrote:honestly it was my fault for losing the fish. i was catching back to back 4 and 5 pounders and bringing them in like nothing. i shouldnt have casted from the position. i set hook and made that fish run in the weeds and come off. shoulda been smarter about it and casted at that spot from a different angle so i could have gotten the fish out of the cover. i failed before i even hooked the fish.
hey TNJ i got an tip.

Dont make up stories about how you were catching 4 and 5 pounders like it was nothing!

your such a homosapien
Why would YOU even comment on this thread like that,..you couldn't sent TnJ a simple PM? This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off,..oh well,..no worries TnJ,..we know you bro and those that don't,..well,..I'll shut-up-4-now!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 pm

heres a pic of my buddy ray the first day we went out

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 pm

I thought u could delete peoples comments if you were a paying member..i dont know i thought i just heard it somewhere maybe not..sorry tnj..go bac to craiglist u trolls:-&
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 pm

hey TNJ at least now you know giving money to Mike for this membership was a complete waste of money!

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm

fishismylif wrote:can you point me in the direction of a forum that encourages cutting down people that lie in post?
Lies or not, I repeat: What does it matter to you? Does something happen that messes up your day IF someone is lying on a forum? DO you have a compulsive desire to try and disprove them?

From what I've seen, tnj doesn't make a point to show off or brag or showboat, etc.

fishismylif wrote:hey TNJ at least now you know giving money to Mike for this membership was a complete waste of money!
This site would be a whole lot better if people like you weren't around...

Go back to your cave
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:29 pm

SPARKY101 wrote:I thought u could delete peoples comments if you were a paying member..i dont know i thought i just heard it somewhere maybe not..sorry tnj..go bac to craiglist u trolls:-&
Thats only on reports sparky.

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Blackmouth he doesnt brag cause he doesnt catch! get a clue you cool guy you!

Btw why would I go back into a cave when Im at....well check my location sometime :)

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm

fishismylif wrote:hey TNJ at least now you know giving money to Mike for this membership was a complete waste of money!
whats 20 bucks to support a good local site? i would pay 100 a year if they kept people like you out.

mike or aaron can we please delete all these comments? i would like to keep this thread on topic and have no flaming or trolls
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:41 pm

fishismylif wrote:Blackmouth he doesnt brag cause he doesnt catch! get a clue you cool guy you!

Btw why would I go back into a cave when Im at....well check my location sometime :)
I don't feel any desire to brag. Do I catch fish? Sure I do. Do I catch the most or the biggest? Heck no. I'm not out there trying to put the most or biggest fish in the boat. Nor am I a member of WL.com to post my successes or pictures everywhere. I'm hear to read up, become a better angler and help others out. Where's your reports? Wheres your contribution to this site? All I've seen from you are those pictures in that thread that are a little over the edge...It must make you feel so cool to site behind your screen and post offensive pictures of members of this site under a fake alias. But if it helps you go to sleep better at night, go for it.

And I certainly don't get butt hurt like you if someone lies about the amount and/or size of fish they catch. If someone feels better at the end of the day because they post false information to boost their ego, I'm not going to rain on their parade and call em out cause it doesn't effect me at all. Not sure why you take it so serious.
tnj8222 wrote:
mike or aaron can we please delete all these comments? i would like to keep this thread on topic and have no flaming or trolls
Can we delete this guy from the site?
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:45 pm

blackmouth. you seem to like me. thanks. sent you an IM

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Blackmouth wrote:
fishismylif wrote:Blackmouth he doesnt brag cause he doesnt catch! get a clue you cool guy you!

I don't feel any desire to brag. Do I catch fish? Sure I do. Do I catch the most or the biggest? Heck no. I'm not out there trying to put the most or biggest fish in the boat. Nor am I a member of WL.com to post my successes or pictures everywhere. I'm hear to read up, become a better angler and help others out. Where's your reports? Wheres your contribution to this site? All I've seen from you are those pictures in that thread that are a little over the edge...It must make you feel so cool to site behind your screen and post offensive pictures of members of this site under a fake alias. But if it helps you go to sleep better at night, go for it.

And I certainly don't get butt hurt like you if someone lies about the amount and/or size of fish they catch. If someone feels better at the end of the day because they post false information to boost their ego, I'm not going to rain on their parade and call em out cause it doesn't effect me at all. Not sure why you take it so serious.
tnj8222 wrote:
Can we delete this guy from the site?
maybe they were 2-4 pounds on average instead of 4 to 5 pounds jeez my bad lol.... i know i have caught plenty of fish this year let alone past years...i do know i dont sit back and hide behind the screen talking smack to people who get out and fish, help others catch fish consitantly, and contribute to our online community. hater, go back to your bed. lay down mutt
Anthony

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:50 pm

well im glad you corrected yourself on the size. cause how am I to get info from this site if you arent telling the truth with your contributions?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:06 pm

Well, had to delete a few posts on this otherwise interesting thread. Members are reminded - we have a Use Policy on this site which you agree to when you sign up, plus the Forum has a guideline for posting. Those that fail to adhere to this policy or send vulgar, threatening PMs will be suspended and/or banned. There are plenty of other sites that don't mind, but we do.

Sorry for the interuption, back to the thread.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishismylif
Petty Officer

Post by fishismylif » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 pm

mike i felt like it was resolved with no hard feelings. I sent you back an IM please reply thanks!

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:12 pm

hers one of the them i caught last time. hopefully next trip i will have a hawg. Image
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

jf0
Petty Officer

Post by jf0 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:00 am

Is it legal to fish in the storm ponds that are marked by those big white signs?
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am

jf0 wrote:Is it legal to fish in the storm ponds that are marked by those big white signs?
Depends on what the sign says. Don't see any signs in any of tjn's pics..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:53 pm

jf0 wrote:Is it legal to fish in the storm ponds that are marked by those big white signs?
like he said depends on what the sign says. you can also get permits to fish in certain spots if its on county property and not a private owner.
Anthony

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Lookin forward to pics of the biggins. I'm gonna start castin bigger stuff and learn some patience in that little pond i've been working. I know there are bigger fish than those dinks i've caught so far. Keep posting though, I love your pics!

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Dustin07 wrote:Lookin forward to pics of the biggins. I'm gonna start castin bigger stuff and learn some patience in that little pond i've been working. I know there are bigger fish than those dinks i've caught so far. Keep posting though, I love your pics!
thanks man!
Anthony