Still trying for cats in Lake WA

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
jojo
Petty Officer

Still trying for cats in Lake WA

Post by jojo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:19 pm

I've been out four times in the last two weeks and can't seem to find the cats. I have talked to several anglers and have been directed to spots around Seward. It seems like there are too many weeds close to shore to get into the fish. I've used worms, cheese, garlic sauce, nuggets... don't know what to do next. I know they are in there but just don't have the technique.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
JoJo

fishin masta
Warrant Officer

RE:Still trying for cats in Lake WA

Post by fishin masta » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 pm

i no there out at lake samammish we always used bobber and worm right off shore and got some pretty decent ones along with some nice bass and perch all in the same area
Today she met me at the door, said I would have to choose, if I picked up that fishing rod today, she'd be packing all her things and she'd be gone by noon....well I'm gonna miss her when I get home

jojo
Petty Officer

Post by jojo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:14 pm

fishin masta wrote:i no there out at lake samammish we always used bobber and worm right off shore and got some pretty decent ones along with some nice bass and perch all in the same area
Yep I like samammish but the park closes too early. I like evening/night fishing. There are some nice cats in there though.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 pm

If you take a drive along Lake Washington Boulevard as the sun goes down you will see small groups of people in chairs next to the lake. Watch them, listen to them and befriend them. Remember, at night you don't need to go deep to catch cats. If you feel you need to fish deeper, out of the weeds, hit the various fishing docks along Lake Washington Boulevard. Remember the parks close at sunset, so don't get caught in them after hours.

jojo
Petty Officer

Post by jojo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:37 pm

G-Man wrote:If you take a drive along Lake Washington Boulevard as the sun goes down you will see small groups of people in chairs next to the lake. Watch them, listen to them and befriend them. Remember, at night you don't need to go deep to catch cats. If you feel you need to fish deeper, out of the weeds, hit the various fishing docks along Lake Washington Boulevard. Remember the parks close at sunset, so don't get caught in them after hours.
I wondered about the rules of staying in the park/parkiing lots after 10pm. I can park out in the side streets legally but is it legal to still fish in the park after 10pm? There are a few lots without gates but still signs that says the park closes at 10pm. There are other areas along the lake that aren't park of the park that I can fish I guess.

bhuynh03
Angler

Post by bhuynh03 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:35 am

hey jojo i've recently been catching alot of cats off of the juanita park dock. straight down on the left corner (whole nightcrawler or chicken so the little perch don't rob you). not as many bass as sammamish but if my dad needs his truck on certain days and i can't take the boat. cats and smaller bass are always fun

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:59 am

U of W area. Or night time along Seward Park.Others too.I PM you
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

ckim85
Commander

Post by ckim85 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:07 am

any idea if Matthews Beach is good for cats?