Camping

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
jf0
Petty Officer

Camping

Post by jf0 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:24 am

No camping forum so I'll try here.

I am looking for new camping spots but do not have as many options as most people would because I use a truck tent and am unable to pull my boat out of the water every night. So I need a spot where I can leave my boat in the water and camp within a short distance for security. One of my favorite places is at potholes where I can launch my boat and leave it tied up on the bank at night and just setup camp in the parking lot (bathroom's included for the lady!). Does any one have similar spots like this?

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Camping

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:49 am

Riffe Lake and Alder Lake have lake front camp spots.
Mayfield Resort, camp on the island.
Lakedale has lake front spots http://www.lakedale.com/resort.php
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

stevoblue
Petty Officer

Post by stevoblue » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:44 am

I just went camping at Riffe. Although the fishing wasnt that great we had a blast. As RaMcVey said there are a few spots where you can tie up on the shore. Sites 42 and 43 have direct access to a point where you can tie up your boat. There are also a couple of spots in the SMORES loop. You have to watch out for the morning winds though. They can be pretty strong. Alder lake does have first come first serve Moorage although I believe that they are away from the actual camp site. I have never used them.

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Stevo, definitely put Banks Lake up on your radar! Awesome fishing usually, and Steamboat Rock State Park is a great place to camp and a beautiful park. There is a launch right there and you can launch your boat, then pull it over to the shore by the campsites and tie it up to a tree or whatever and leave it in the water. You can also do the same thing at Coulee Playland up at the north end of Banks, but Steamboat State Park is my favorite place to go! You can look them up on the State parks and recreation website. Best! -Dave
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

davidwat1
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by davidwat1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:42 pm

oops sorry that was meant for jfO, since he posted the question! :)
http://www.WatkinsBassfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sponsor WashingtonLakes.com

clarkbre
Petty Officer

Post by clarkbre » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Another good place is Jack's Resort at Jameson Lake. It's in that same area. You can launch and leave it in the water all weekend and set up your truck about 100yds from the boat. It's a nice place and the ladies that run the bait shop/general store are great. Good fishing too.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:04 pm

fish lake chalan county camping and dock to keep the boat tied up.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm

CHELAN??? KID#-o :cyclopsan

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:18 am

For some reason no one on here seems to think of Chelan as a camping or fishing spot. Most popular state park for a camping destination. Multi edible fish species for the fishing crowd. Scrap fish at the surrounding lakes for those that like to eat those and the Columbia is just over the hill. The Park at Beebe bridge has wonderful camping and I'm sure you could tie up a boat. Launch directly across the river.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 am

Chelan is Eye candy :-$ for nature:-$ and more then fish:cheers:

2nd to little on many items:viking: :thumright 8-[

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 am

Fish'un for trim........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:35 am

BOTH :cheers: MULTI TASKER BAITER:-$ :viking:

jf0
Petty Officer

Post by jf0 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am

Wow - I didn't expect so much advice! Thanks to all, I will have to spend lots of time now checking all these out and am sure I will have more questions later.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok Now I'm gonna say my bit.On the Columbia in Vantage there is Gettys Cove.Good camping boat launch,bathrooms,showers and about 20 a night.2nd favorite is the Mar-Don resort Boat launch,cabins,camping and dock space.Also restrooms and showers.Then Banks lake.There is Steamboat Rock Campground Beautiful launch and dock set up.Very nice restrooms w/ showers.Can get crowded.Then just north of Steamboat there are three other smaller campgrounds. Two of which have dock or shore pull up areas.I cant remember the names (getting old).Blue lake resort is awesome right off I-90.Near the Dry Falls area.Thats all for East Wa. area.Down by the Chief Joseph Dam there is a really nice campground also.Go online to Nat or state parks. I use a De Lorme map. It shows Lakes and whats available for camping and the site ammenities.

One big thing to check out is whether there is a Gorge concert that will eat up most campground spaces.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.