BASS HUNTER Plastic Boats

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
felts_jf
Warrant Officer

BASS HUNTER Plastic Boats

Post by felts_jf » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:08 am

I've been searching around at boats at diffrent sites just for a small boat for me and a buddy or my wife to fish out of on smaller lakes 400 acres and smaller. I found one it's a 10 footer plastic made for two people with a trolling motor hook up. All I want it is for Bass, Crappie, Panfish just stuff like that. Has anyone ever used one or got one, how did you like it. Remember not going on any big bodies of waters just small lakes. Do you have to liscense a boat like that in WA. Once again I'm from KY so I dont know the rules here. Thanks for the help.
Jason
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

RE:BASS HUNTER Plastic Boats

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:53 am

Do you plan on having a trailer ? if so that would some tags ..if not it cosidered a car topper .... i have never used one of these crafts before so i would seek futher info .. good luck .. BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Basshunter046
Warrant Officer

Post by Basshunter046 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:20 am

I've have had 2 different ones and I think the're great. You can deffenitly get into water where bigger boats can't which is a great plus. Here in Idaho though you have to register them even if you have a electric motor running it but that's only 14.50. Good Luck and have fun!! :thumright

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am

The state of Wa only requires about to be licensed if over 12ft and or greater than 10hp.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:29 pm

We have a little plastic Basstracker 2 person boat and we love it for little lakes. I wouldn't want to take it out in choppy water but it is actually pretty stable. We just use an electric trolling motor on it and it does just fine. There are alot of lakes around here where you can't use a gas motor so it is nice to have for those lakes. Our main boat is a 17' Lund and we also have a 15' Smokercraft Alaskan that my husband uses for duck hunting. The basstracker can be put in the back of a pickup or we have ours on a little jet ski trailer.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:29 pm

jmay wrote:The state of Wa only requires about to be licensed if over 12ft and or greater than 10hp.
Actually, 16' and over and over 10 hp motor...if only used on non federal waters.
http://www.boat-ed.com/wa/handbook/register.htm
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

Poacher Hater
Angler

Post by Poacher Hater » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm

I just bought one last month at Sports Authority in Tacoma.....$550. Very stable and light enough for me to load/unload into my Toyota Tacoma......I actually think a 10' jon boat is better. Even though both are 10' the jon boat has more room. The design of the plastic mold on the bass hunter takes up a lot of room.

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Hey "Felts"...what cha sittin in?? Looks a lot like the plane I used to fly around in back in the day.

I'm also shopping for a small boat similar to what you're looking for. I'm gonna be "poaching" the responses you get.

Thanks for your service to our Country brother. I'm proud of you guys and support your efforts....KEEP KICKIN THEIR ASS!!!!

USAF
'90-'94
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

Basser
Petty Officer

Post by Basser » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:45 pm

Coleman Crawdad

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:19 am

That settles it then, I'm getting one as soon as I get back in the country. Looks perfect for me and the wife or a friend or the dog. Thanks for all the info, what kinda trolling motor do you think? Probably a 35 to 40 lb thrust should be good probably to small for a foot controll. Does anyone know of a trailer that would work good for one of these?
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

Poacher Hater
Angler

Post by Poacher Hater » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:23 am

If you are going to get a trailer you may as well step up and get a real aluminum boat. I bought my pelican bass hunter for the reason you can put it in the back of a pickup and don't need a trailer. Again, a jon boat will give you more leg room even though both boats are the same length the design of the plastic boats eats away at a lot of the room.

I bought a 42 lb thrust trolling motor I believe.......I also have a 50 something thrust but it drains the battery very fast!

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 pm

I have a Basshound 10.2 and absolutely love it. Check them out at KL Industries.com I bought mine from GI Joes.