Piers

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
wolverine
Captain

RE:Piers

Post by wolverine » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm

In defense of the Edmonds pier. It is open year round for salmon fishing. There have already been adult kings taken and it will get better over the next month. Boaters can't fish for salmon until July 16th in Area 9. July 1st you can also fish for and keep pinks off the pier. Is the fishing ever red hot? Nope, but during the last couple weeks of June and the first 3 weeks of July there are probably 15-20 hookups a day. With 4-10/day landed. Its a crowded fishery and the odds aren't great, but if you're boatless, and or can't wait for the July 16th opener, its the best game around.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's short - fish hard!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:57 pm

(((BOATERS CANNOT FISH FOR SALMON #-o :@: )))):cyclopsan

IT OPENED JUNE 1ST CATCH AND RELEASE N TO APPLE COVE:-$ :cheers: :chef: AND SOUTH SOUND WIDE OPEN TO KILL AREA 11 HATCHERY KINGS??????:-$ :cheers:

BIG WOV WHAT YA SMOKING????:cyclopsan :colors: :clown: LOL

JUST SAY JUST SOUTH OF THE POINT COMING INTO JEFF HEAD INCOMING TIDE 5:00AM SHARP!:-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:58 pm

wolverine wrote: In defense of the Edmonds pier. It is open year round for salmon fishing. There have already been adult kings taken and it will get better over the next month. Boaters can't fish for salmon until July 16th. July 1st you can also fish for and keep pinks off the pier. Is the fishing ever red hot? Nope, but during the last couple weeks of June and the first 3 weeks of July there are probably 15-20 hookups a day. With 4-10/day landed. Its a crowded fishery and the odds aren't great, but if you're boatless, and or can't wait for the July 16th opener, its the best game around.
Ditto. It's a great place for people that don't have boats or can't afford charters and you can catch salmon - and some BIG ones at that. Different strokes for different folks...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 am

Salmon fishing is open :cheers: to any and all June 1st Catch and release to the Apple cove N marker:cheers: n and the south sound is 2 hatchery fish the Bamboo shampoo:-$ :cheers: to each and all who dare from a rock, pier, boat or the moon:colors: :clown: if your leader is Maxima:cheers: :chef:

Lets keep the information correct and tight and Right and catch and release season is Awesome:viking: =d>

Press it not about a pier the information was stated closed to boats#-o :-# :^o which is incorrect Press the best Fish On!!!![-x 8-[ :sunny:

Chase the King it was named CORRECTLY!:thumright :thumleft:

It is still closed N off Apple cove start just south of Jeff Head 145ft total depth come into the point set your riggers at 105 to 95 feet 1.7mph incoming tides 4:30 5:00am!!!:chef: :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

christopherbeebe
Warrant Officer

Post by christopherbeebe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm

i fish local piers and do quite well for a pier fisherman can't afford a boat and don't like being a guest on another persons boat so i stay shore bound i fish the des moines, redondo, and dash point piers regularly and have had alot of success there. granted i put in ALOT of time but when i do get something i feel like i've earned it, and it feels good. so don't count out the local piers just gotta work em a bit. but thats half the fun... its called fishin' not catchin'.....here are some pix from 07 these fish were all caught within a month.

dashpoint pier 22" jack
dashpoint pier 24" pink
redondo pier 28" king
redondo pier 31" king
Fish Hard, Or Go Home!