Any SCUBA Divers?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Dustin07
Commodore

Any SCUBA Divers?

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:30 am

I got my certification almost 1 year ago exactly at Underwater Sports in Fed Way. I had alot of fun and learned a lot. They were great people to work with. I didn't buy my own gear (rented theirs) because I wanted to wait until I had a few dives under my belt.
Unfortunately, my dive partners was supposed to be my brother but he got deployed ! he's back now but is not yet ready to dive. I've only been able to make a handful of dives because I have no partners... Redondo and Ruston Way.

Because I only have a few dives, I'm still a bit timid and prefer shallow water diving... like 40'-ish while i work up my confidence? not only that but since I didn't dive at all this winter I need to brush up on my skills. I'd like to rent my gear again at underwater just to get out and be underwater, it's been to long!

Anyone interested in taking a newbie out sometime, willing to go slow and stay a bit shallow? I live in Enumclaw so I prefer the Area 11 area for driving proximity, but beggars can't be chosers and I'd be willing to drive a bit further for someone willing to put in some time with me!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Any SCUBA Divers?

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:26 am

We dove for 25 years:-$

I Cant anymore but will tell you this diving and spear fishing the entire Puget sound an ocean helped in all I do and love .:chef: :cheers:

It puts you in the real production zone up close and personal and a great reflexion on why, how and more be safe dive with at least 2 divers and never rise to fast.:-$

We shot the $rap out of sharks:chef: :bounce: in Hawaii as well

Great stuff and watch your tides.:-$

I have 2 good buds that pinn point Lings for me diving before the Rod on death! :thumleft: 8-[

Last gun in the picture my spear gun:cheers: SHARP SHOOTER GREAT KILLER:chef: :bounce:
Attachments
h.jpg
h.jpg (157.11 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 am

Swede that is exactly what i was thinking!! I pinpointed Lings in Area 11 last summer and thought for sure I'd be spear fishing and linging this spring but I haven't had anyone to dive with and don't want to dive by myself! I've been hounding friends and family to get certified but since they aren't moving fast enough I gots to find a dive buddy.

Funny about hawaii- I got married 7 years ago and my wife and I took a trip to Waikiki. it was my first flight ever. I snorkelled non-stop and that was what first got me wanting to dive. I would prefer to be on water than dry land, I just can't get into the water often enough.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:23 am

North shore of the Island shoot a bag of bait fish bleed them in about 25 feet of waters leave them the fish in your fish bag:-$ :-#

The Sharks will come I was the first to be removed by 10 pencil neckers of shooting a big 9 foot Tiger Shark then we dragged it on the beach and gutted her:chef: :bounce: :cheers:

That dropped the bedwetters:-$ sunbathing crew:-$ speed dialing 911:-$ they came fast:colors: would I do it again if I could YES!!!!![-x [-( ](*,) :viking: :sunny:

The Great Barrier Reef:-$ the best:cheers: but you must be spot on good and a killer:-$ DANGER DANGER and trophys everywhere!

I also inspected the local bannanas:colors: and pineapple:colors: for freshness :colors: before I was removed for customer service:clown: :chef:

Fish, shoot and press ON!

Did I share I KO 6:thumleft: out of the 9:tongue: before the lock downs came we left a dent in many Islands](*,) :viking: :sunny:
Attachments
111111cccccccc.jpg
111111cccccccc.jpg (92.86 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
13456.jpg
13456.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
13456.jpg
13456.jpg (27.58 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Hawaiitriceps.jpg
Hawaiitriceps.jpg (68.51 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
hawaiibannas.jpg
hawaiibannas.jpg (149.24 KiB) Viewed 1183 times
crater_Hawaii_diving_heaven.jpg
crater_Hawaii_diving_heaven.jpg (62.51 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 am

You dive just outside the protection Reef:-$ at the Turtle Bay Hilton you will find Beef make sure you game matches your hatch and be a runner with a rig waiting I forgot the path and passage out!:colors: :cheers:

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:20 am

LOL that's wild stuff man! I can't wait to get back over to the reefs for some WARM water diving. this 42-44 degree stuff is insane!

littlefishingbuddy
Petty Officer

Post by littlefishingbuddy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:55 am

Can a local diver help me retrieve my anchor?? I know where it is and it is in shallow water in Edmonds. I really liked this anchor and it was a gift to boot. I will help with air or whatever.

Littlefishingbuddy

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:11 am

PM me still have a load of buds who spread pain under waters/spearing Ling a Dings :bounce: that would grab her just give me the areas and tides and weight and depths?:cheers: