bed fish

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

RE:bed fish

Post by Desertcreek » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 pm

BTW Trent you couldn't be more wrong on which is easier to catch. The males are the easier to catch by far. That's not even debatable.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm

fishingmachine wrote:They vary in size
Key is did u see anyfish on them.
The smallies on pine have already spawned and are off their beds
There were a lot of fish in there area but nothing of size. all smaller than 12" probably smaller than 10".

Lake Twelve is soo small from what I understand... it probably heated pretty quick to spur a spawn (I as I understand the process) and possibly they are done and back in the deep already?

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Desertcreek wrote:BTW Trent you couldn't be more wrong on which is easier to catch. The males are the easier to catch by far. That's not even debatable.
Well there easy for me . It might be your lure color, makes a big difference. I don't sit tring for the male on bed there are too many fish that have spawn. There biting good right now. If your not getting them, I don't know what else to say other than Jig Jig Jig !!! The male is easy because you can see him, and play BOMBARDMENT with lures. You get caught up in this and miss some big bass that are very close to where your fishing. Yea any one can catch bed bass if you sit in one spot most of the day. Not everyone is getting the HAWGS and it because there not fishing in the right areas or using the right baits. Knowing where to fish this time of year is the difference. You can go for easy bed fish or go for the post spawn fish. I go for Post Spawn fish and it takes time. I may cast 6-700 times to get 6 fish but there big fish. There was a time not that long ago I also found it hard to get the females. I'm a BASS member and the books they send I read them all. So I don't put myself in a box when it comes to bass fishing. Yes they are easy to catch. The big ones are harder.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

SPARKY101
Captain

Post by SPARKY101 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Colors on beds = white or chartreuse or any other bright color...if you cant get a fish to bite on a bed....take up golf
Member:Capital City Bass Club

Team OLYBOYZ

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sparky240v/

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Come on Trent, update that photo bucket, lets see all these hawgs ! :^o
aka Powerworm

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:11 am

ChrisB wrote:Come on Trent, update that photo bucket, lets see all these hawgs ! :^o
Tell ya what Chris when you can make it over here to fish Long Lk I will show you in person the fish I'm catching. I stoped putting them up due to the numbers on the Lks. When you come to Long Lk let me know and I'll meet up with ya and do some fishing.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:19 am

Trent Hale wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Come on Trent, update that photo bucket, lets see all these hawgs ! :^o
Tell ya what Chris when you can make it over here to fish Long Lk I will show you in person the fish I'm catching. I stoped putting them up due to the numbers on the Lks. When you come to Long Lk let me know and I'll meet up with ya and do some fishing.
Hey Trent,..I want that invite 2 bro-ski,..I know last year you invited me,..let me know!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:41 am

Hey I want an invite ... lol. Oh wait I did and thanks again Trent for the great fishing trip!
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Desertcreek
Warrant Officer

Post by Desertcreek » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 am

Trent,

I never mentioned having any difficult catching fish. Especially at Long. I think a guy could catch good fish on a toilet handle the past few weeks if you could figure out how to connect a hook to the handle. The question wasn't which fish do you want to catch. Obviously the female which is typically bigger. The question was which is easier. The male gaurding the bed is and always will be easier to catch. The male gaurding the bed will often times bite on the first cast. I'm not certain how it could get easier than that. If catching females was so much easier than catching males this time of year then tournament bags would be a hell of a lot bigger and guys wouldn't complain about only catching males. I'm not making any statement about your skills. I just think it's mis-leading or mis-informing to tell somone the females are easier to catch. I seriously doubt not posting pics is going to have any affect on the traffic at Long. I remember taking a ton of heat for making a similar statement to that affect a few weeks ago. Every tournament fisherman within a hundred miles knows that Long is the place to go to get out of a funk or regain confidence. That place is crawling with them during the week when tournament lakes are off-limits.

Trent Hale
Commander

Post by Trent Hale » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 pm

#-o Right on ! Yea the males are easy. :-" Just like to see guys try to step up there game.:cheers: :-# It's not just Long Lk I'm fishing and getting nice fish in..:-$
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you hung up again!

HAWG HUNTER!