What???????

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

What???????

Post by raffensg64 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Here's a story for you from a week or so ago. One of my partners headed to Amber. Upon arrival, he sees some guys fishing with bait (illegal in this body of water). So, he politely informs them that they can't use bait in Amber.

Their reply was as stupid as it was classic...."sure we can, as long as we use barbless hooks."

I must be reading the wrong set of regulations! Where do people come up with this crap???!!!

Gosh, I wish I'd been there to hear it!

UptheCreek
Angler

RE:What???????

Post by UptheCreek » Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Classic idiot response. Show him the regs next time.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm

Two years ago, I told 3 guys that were fishing off the bank by the ramp that it was a no bait lake. Their reply........"were not using bait". I asked what they were using. "Power Bait!" I told them that Power Bait was bait. They replied with the finger. I said, O.K.........

I then put my feet up on the foot rests and rowed down to the tan house by the wind mill. The owner was out on his dock and I asked him to call the WSP. He laughed and asked if it was 3 guys in ball caps. I said yes and he told me he just threw them off of his dock because they were fishing. He said that he would gladly call the Patrol.

The morons left the launch area with about 5 fish each and went up the hill. About an hour later I was kicking past the launch and the game department drove up. I knew Lenny, the warden, and told him he should have been here about an hour ago. He smiled and asked if the three guys had ball caps on. I said yes and Lenny said "I got them". "How?" I asked. He nabbed them up on Big Springs Road.:thumright =d>

The call on the land line from that gentleman worked!:cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urbanangler
Warrant Officer

Post by urbanangler » Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm

LOVE it! good call!
==urban== please don't tell me to C&R or to fish your way, thank you

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu May 28, 2009 3:04 pm

[quote="Marc Martyn"]Two years ago, I told 3 guys that were fishing off the bank by the ramp that it was a no bait lake. Their reply........"were not using bait". I asked what they were using. "Power Bait!" I told them that Power Bait was bait. They replied with the finger. I said, O.K.........

I then put my feet up on the foot rests and rowed down to the tan house by the wind mill. The owner was out on his dock and I asked him to call the WSP. He laughed and asked if it was 3 guys in ball caps. I said yes and he told me he just threw them off of his dock because they were fishing. He said that he would gladly call the Patrol.

The morons left the launch area with about 5 fish each and went up the hill. About an hour later I was kicking past the launch and the game department drove up. I knew Lenny, the warden, and told him he should have been here about an hour ago. He smiled and asked if the three guys had ball caps on. I said yes and Lenny said "I got them". "How?" I asked. He nabbed them up on Big Springs Road.:thumright =d&gt]

Forrest Gump says "Stupid is as stupid does". Guess those guys didn't see the movie.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu May 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Great stories. Just when you think you've heard and seen it all, someone tops even the dumbest of humanity. This sounds like a great reality show, something like "The Worlds Dumbest Fishermen". We could use dramatatazations to tell the stories not on video. :-k

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:22 pm

It's always interesting when Karma and Idiots collide!
FIL is right...would make a GREAT show.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 28, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Thu May 28, 2009 5:08 pm

yeah. LOL
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU