Eastern Reports?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
raffensg64
Commander

Eastern Reports?

Post by raffensg64 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Where in the heck are all the eastern Washington reports? Is the weather keeping everyone at home or is the fishing just plain slow? I've seen a few each on Williams and Sprague and one on W. Medical, but that's about it.

Rooscooter
Warrant Officer

RE:Eastern Reports?

Post by Rooscooter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 pm

The weather has been the biggest issue for me.......well and work! I have been extraordinarily busy the last 2 months or so (a blessing in this economy!!) and haven't had a chance to get out yet.

I will be going out tomorrow for the first time this season (Medical or Fish I think). I will file a report tomorrow night.

Off topic a bit.....I was checking the 2009 stocking reports and found that they are releasing (or released) 2,200 brood stock Brookies at Fish Lake. It looks like I will be there a lot in the next few weeks!!

Tight Lines!

Landlocked
Petty Officer

Post by Landlocked » Mon May 25, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm doin' my darndest to get out, catch fish then post reports. I'm on the eastern side too. I look forward to seeing yours!

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:26 am

Here's my E. Wa info from another recent thread... I'm not saying everyone's getting skunked...but I've been there twice in the last month and have drawn blanks both times. That has NEVER happened to me there this time of year. I fished RW and Roosevelt exclusively and used everything known to catch, with no results. Here’s some information that substantiates my statements:
? Water temps have been lower, flows have been higher this year in RW. (this has since stabilized)
? Tribal fish counter last Sat counted only 7 trout by 5pm at RW. There were at least 20 boats from this launch with avg 2 or more fishers each…do the math…that sucks.
? Speaking to friends who competed in last weeks Banks wally tournament, I was told that 1st place went to only some 30 pounds (unconfirmed) of fishys…it has not been uncommon for 45-50 pounds to take it. Do the math…and that’s quite a bit lower. It was VERY tough going.
? While in Swawilla Basin…there were about 20 of us in there…after 4 hours of trolling I did not see any nets go down. Very unusual.
? Spoke to Blufin and Big D…there’s a reason they’re fishing for kokes and Macs at Chelan…instead of pounding RW like we usually do this time of year.
I did not personally try Banks while I was there, but camped there and spoke with many fellow campers. In general…reports were pretty dismal. Consistently only 2-5 bass all day…one trout…few perch…and no wallys.
Like I said before FF…this is just my personal experience recently. It won’t stay like this forever and will change. But for now, I’m going to change tactics farther south and go where the reports are more favorable…like Potholes, Moses area…but first I have to take my new boat to the local witch doctor and have the ‘stink’ removed!!

Also just talked to a friend today that went to Potholes this weekend who spoke to some locals...they said it was good up to the time the temps hit 80...then it killed the bite...go figure... #-o

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Tue May 26, 2009 2:38 pm

I stopped posting on Rock because a couple of guys complained I was posting too much on it. I posted again for your information, and others.:-#
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

raffensg64
Commander

Post by raffensg64 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:10 pm

It had to have been the weather and colder temps.....I see they're coming in fast and furious now!!!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Wheres the beef and trail mix???:-# :cheers: :chef:

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Anglinarcher wrote:I stopped posting on Rock because a couple of guys complained I was posting too much on it. I posted again for your information, and others.:-#
oh oh, don't let the negative nannies get to you. Personally, the idea of over fishing Rock is nuts. The lake about as far away from the main population centers as one can get, it's 8 MILES LONG, has a poor boat ramp, gets windy and rough, and has lot's of underwater hazards. Not exactly a place that will have us converging from all around the state to visit.

sorry to high jack the thread, but I couldn't let it pass by. To me, people that complain about other anglers posting fishing reports is the same as saying we should just close shop and stop publishing WL.com. Because what's the point of posting a report if people rag on you for doing so? #-o

Rant's over (until someone responds that is...)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed May 27, 2009 6:53 am

Mike Carey wrote:
Anglinarcher wrote:I stopped posting on Rock because a couple of guys complained I was posting too much on it. I posted again for your information, and others.:-#
oh oh, don't let the negative nannies get to you. Personally, the idea of over fishing Rock is nuts. The lake about as far away from the main population centers as one can get, it's 8 MILES LONG, has a poor boat ramp, gets windy and rough, and has lot's of underwater hazards. Not exactly a place that will have us converging from all around the state to visit.

sorry to high jack the thread, but I couldn't let it pass by. To me, people that complain about other anglers posting fishing reports is the same as saying we should just close shop and stop publishing WL.com. Because what's the point of posting a report if people rag on you for doing so? #-o

Rant's over (until someone responds that is...)
I know, it is always a balancing act. Someone was offended because they see what they belive is too many people fishing there spot. Then, if we don't fish it, the State stops stocking because it is not getting used. The latter reason is why I started posting on Rock a few years ago.

If I had posted more and taught more about the Walleye in Sprague, we might still have walleye in Sprague Lake. I hold myself at least partially responsible for not educating more about Sprague, and now the walleye option is lost forever.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.