Stillaguamish River fly fishing only??

Prefer fly fishing? This is the forum for you.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
littlefishingbuddy
Petty Officer

Stillaguamish River fly fishing only??

Post by littlefishingbuddy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 am

I thought the Stillaguamish River fly fishing only?? But after reading some reports here on Stealhead fishing they were not fly fishing, My buddy and I have been fishing that river for 2 years now and we were under the impression that the whole river was banned from gear??
Scott
Littlefishingbuddy

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Stillaguamish River fly fishing only??

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:46 am

Good lord that Rehab Rock lol you were under has never changed, the rules have been the same for YEARS and the fly and puffer stick rules change with the season on her and areas pressed and its very clear in the DF=reports and rules nothing has changed the Fortston hole in the winter is a bait and bambooo shampoo Paradise:cheers: :chef: called the Steelhead hatchery.#-o

The North fork at times of years then changes:-" but open to gear heads as well during the correct montns who love blood I guided her, floated her for 20 years the silt , development has reduced her much .:colors:

The rehap and caves you must break out of boot camp:-& :-$ :-# lol nothing as far as policy and rules has changed Fishless ling a ding!!!!

Fish on!!!:viking: :thumright ](*,) [-(

Pictures and the stuff to get it done:-$ lead to the trail mix of doing:cheers: not just the words:-# :-& there easy, many 6-8 fish steelhead days on her on the N Fork!!! :viking: =d> 8-[

Last picture on the book I help support:cyclopsan :bounce: was taken right off the highway heading to Darrington:-$ Right Off the road on the N.Fork:-#

Fish on!
Attachments
zxcvbs.jpg
zxcvbs.jpg (17.21 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
just_above_the_wallace.jpg
just_above_the_wallace.jpg (4.57 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
stillybrate2.jpg
stillybrate2.jpg (71.24 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
2006-01_Jan-aaallllllllllllll.jpg
2006-01_Jan-aaallllllllllllll.jpg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
upperskylama.jpg
upperskylama.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 1218 times
stilly_fish_on.jpg
stilly_fish_on.jpg (84.01 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 25, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 am

I think Swede is saying that the North Fork is fly fishing only at some parts of the year, and then opens to any type of gear during other parts of the year.

For the mainstem below the forks, it is selective gear rules when it opens (fly or selective gear OK, with barbless etc.), and then changes to any type of gear in December.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Mon May 25, 2009 9:53 pm

fly fishing from mouth of north fork to the swede heaven road bridge. 2 hatchery steelhead may be kept otherwise catch and release.
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU

Return to “Fly Fishing presented by Northwest Fly Anglers Club”