Let us know what you think about the new site!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.

What do you think of the new site?

The new site is great!
97%
It's no better or worse than the old one.
3%
The old site was better.
No votes

Total votes: 35

Palmer
Warrant Officer

RE:Let us know what you think about the new site!

Post by Palmer » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:44 am

I've submitted a couple of reports now and they haven't gotten posted:

I submitted a report on Horseshoe lake, Pend Oreille county does have macks and I made a mistake in that there aren't any burbot. Check the local paper on fishing lakes. There is a copy at the Pend Oreille Valley Sportsman Shop in Newport with info on all the lakes in PO county.

I submitted a Lake Washington report twice. The first time it didn't get posted. You don't have a lot of info on trout fishing and I'll bet planer boards would work. Cutts have been known to strike a flasher and red hooks so if a salmon happens to strike remove the fish without pulling it out of the water. I posted a report on having a strike on this set up but I had to submit again today.

I like getting info on the lakes before I fish them so I like to give some info in return but I guess I forgot to click the submit icon. This is a great format.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tug's the Drug

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Palmer wrote:I've submitted a couple of reports now and they haven't gotten posted:

Horseshoe lake, Pend Oreille does have macks and I made a mistake in that there aren't any burbot. Check the local paper on fishing lakes. It states they have macks if you don't believe me.

Lake Washington. You don't have a lot of info on trout fishing and I'll bet planer boards would work. Cutts have been known to strike a flasher and red hooks so if a salmon happens to strike remove the fish without pulling it out of the water.

I like getting info on the lakes before I fish them so I like to give some info in return but I guess I won't anymore. Signing out.
Palmer,

We've posted every report you've sent us. All 8 of them. The last one being not even 5 hours old... If there is a missing report please tell us about it before complaining about it. I don't see anything in the system for Horseshoe Lake. Sorry.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:12 am

Aaron, Mike,
Great site! much better than the old one. We need a FAQ. it's very nice this is a poll but how do you vote? No buttons, no directions......... Aaron, Mike, I know you know about documentation........o:)
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

DennisZ
Angler

Post by DennisZ » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Supreme Fishermens Hosts. Best Washington trip planner imaginable. Leaving Renton next week for a 7-10 day route to fish at least three locations in the state. Experiencing yardwork apathy, departure anxiety, and catching anticipation tremors.Thanks to you and all the members for your efforts.

DennisZ

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:37 pm

good luck, don't let the tremors cause you to miss a hook set. :-)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:16 pm

I love the site. It's like a fishing who's who's....great reports, informative threads, some good pictures of a few handsome devils with some scraggly looking guys holding them, not hard to find your way around....

I'm an ex-WashingtonFlyfishing guy....what a bunch of knobs. Too busy talking about each other and not about FISHING.

Thanks guys!!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:03 am

I personally am glad your here bassackwards. You add a lot to this site. Thanks for hanging out with us. You represent what WL.com is all about. Fishing and fun. Keep it up brutha.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:50 pm

I think this site is great! I have had to do a little work to figure some things out but overall I like it. Hey if we can figure out how to get fish then a website is easy work! LOL
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:30 pm

LOVE IT...

Good job guys.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:18 pm

I love this site. Just hope it doesn't steal my time from fishing.

GREAT SITE! FUN PEOPLE!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:24 pm

I took my time to comment until I got to know the new site and I feel it is much better than the old. I have found that I visit the site more. I call it arm chair fishing. I enjoy sharing fishing experiences and reading new thoughts and ideas. It is the best site I have found online so far!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:26 pm

This is my daily lunch check fishing site. I truely enjoy the pictures and the reports. I used to go to others but they got so political and it took away from the why I surf fishing sites. Thank you very much and keep up the great work

Lyndon
Petty Officer

Post by Lyndon » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:33 pm

well the site has been up and running for awhile now but I think to make your site better you should make kinda like a chat thing and make it so you can talk back and forth instantly intead of messaging. Like instant messaging with fish talk! that would be awesome I dont think its on this site I could be wrong.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:41 pm

I actually mentioned that on one of the forums the other day. Im glad there are others out there that are thinking up that idea. Good job, the more ppl who like the idea the sooner there will be 1 put on here.

Great name by the way FISH TALK
If in doubt set the hook!

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”