fishing in pierce county??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Andrew8235
Angler

fishing in pierce county??

Post by Andrew8235 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:37 pm

looking for a good spot to take my girlfriends 10yr old brother and have a good expierence...dont have a boat so it would need to be shoreline/dock fishing and just something small like trout..any help plz? i tried Ohop and kapowsin but...not too good from the shore. so any ideas on a good place would be nice please

stevoblue
Petty Officer

RE:fishing in pierce county??

Post by stevoblue » Thu May 21, 2009 6:53 pm

If you drive up to OHOP, go another 30 min up the road to mineral. I got my first trout off of the dock when I was a young kid. They have a nice dock with a cover at the resort. No luck at the Kapowsin dock? There is always Bills Boathouse at American lake. I have always used an egg sinker, swivel, arms length leader and a snell hook. Now days gulp power eggs seem to be the bait of choice for the trout. There are many different combinations. Thats the fun of trout fishing. Keep on changing baits when the bite gets slow. Helps pass time.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew8235
Angler

Post by Andrew8235 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:55 pm

no it was a crap shoot last sat,

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Spanaway lake is another good option.
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu May 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Harts lake has a resort with dock and boats. They catch big cats from the launch and some trout.

Tanwax has 2 resorts one rents boats, both have docks. Public launch has small amount of area that people use and they have caught trout.

Rapjohn has a public launch that people catch fish from.

Public launches are busy. They only have small amount of space and it is busy because of the boats.

Then Silver Lake...Dock and they use to have boats to rent...but I haven't been there is years. I heard the previous owners have taken it over again.

Bradley is all shore fishing but I think it is only for kids until June something.

Then in Lakewood there is WAUGHOP. It is in Ft. Steilacoom park. It is shore fishing only and I have never fished there but I have seen it because one end is next to Pierce College where I attended.

Alder lake may have lots of access but I have never fished it.

You can look at all the lakes in Pierce County by clicking on the lakes link on the home page and then clicking county index. Then click Pierce County on the map.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu May 21, 2009 10:05 pm

I fished the Lakeview resort dock a few weeks ago. Plenty of perch hanging out by there and the trout anglers
seem to be doing well.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu May 21, 2009 10:13 pm

kevinb wrote:I fished the Lakeview resort dock a few weeks ago. Plenty of perch hanging out by there and the trout anglers
seem to be doing well.
oops...and that was at Lake Tanwax

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri May 22, 2009 6:22 am

Spanaway does have some shore access as long as you get there early as it fills quickly. But I am sure that is the case everywhere. Alder also seemed pretty good for me before I got my tube. Around Sunny Beach point if the swimmers are not there yet was alot of shore access for us also.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Andrew8235
Angler

Post by Andrew8235 » Fri May 22, 2009 4:34 pm

i was thinking american lake? i read some good things about it...