Abu Garcia SUCKS

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
littlefishingbuddy
Petty Officer

Abu Garcia SUCKS

Post by littlefishingbuddy » Mon May 18, 2009 7:52 am

I bought a Abu Garcia Olympian rod and Ambassadaur reel about a month ago from Joe's when they started selling off there stuff. Well Friday I decided to try it out on a ling and would you believe it broke on the first hook set??? I called the factory and they want me to send them the pole and a note and then $10 and if they decide it was not my fault they will replace it?? What?? If my warranty was this way I would loose customers and that is what they just did!

Scott

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Abu Garcia SUCKS

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:25 am

First off they do not make great Rods :-$ I don't know about poles:cyclopsan #-o my flags and lights are still standing:cheers:

They have many Great and better then average Reels:-$

Buying combo systems 99 percent of the time are flaggers , taggers to blow Crap out and most are junk:-$ :-#

The 5 percent fish:thumleft: the 95 percent fishless systems [-( :viking:
Attachments
SwedeandCory_003as.jpg
SwedeandCory_003as.jpg (49.44 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
somesturgKKKKKKKKKKK.jpg
somesturgKKKKKKKKKKK.jpg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 2456 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon May 18, 2009 10:06 am

Abu Garcia makes good reels and thats what they do best.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Mon May 18, 2009 3:44 pm

Abu Garcia makes great reels as rafish said.

As swedefish4life1 mentioned, combo sets usually are crappy products. Those combos at Joes were about $80, no way your going to get a quality reel and rod for that price....Those exact combo setups sat around in Joes Sports for months, sometimes more than a year, and probably were banged around and dropped by customers pulling them off the racks....

By rods from good rod companies, and reels from companies that specialize in reels.

Bashing Abu Garcia is a pretty stupid...Spend some time around other fisherman and you'll see that many have Abu Garcia reels, especially the salmon/steelhead guys who put a beating on their gear....
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 18, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon May 18, 2009 4:34 pm

Blackmouth wrote: combo sets usually are crappy products. Spend some time around other fisherman and you'll see that many have Abu Garcia reels, especially the salmon/steelhead guys who put a beating on their gear....
This says it all:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon May 18, 2009 5:47 pm

YEP, rods suck. Lesson learned I guess.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 18, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

littlefishingbuddy
Petty Officer

Post by littlefishingbuddy » Mon May 18, 2009 7:17 pm

All my level wind reels are Abu and I figured that since this was an all ABU combo with a very nice steelhead/Salom reel that the pole must be ok too. I guessed wrong. I will replace the pole with a better one and no worries as I have been breaking poles/Rods since I was 5. I was talking to Grandpa today he is 98 and lives at Fish lake . All by himself. He said I broke many of his nice poles over the years trekking through the woods and such but he also said he would let me break them all just to spend the time out on the water with me. We loved to fish and I was always up and ready to go! He is the reason I spent the time on the water I do. I was watching "City Limits Fishing" Last night and Mike said something at the end of the show that hit home for me!

"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

And I agree the excitement I have looking forward to trying again! I never give up and will prevail in my adventures because I will never quit trying.
Scott

noclothes1
Lieutenant

Post by noclothes1 » Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 pm

littlefishingbuddy wrote: "It's the failure that keeps me coming back"
I'm stealing this :-$
"It's the failure that keeps me coming back"

SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Post by SmokinAces » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Yep great reels, not so great rods. Sorry about your rod.
Pressin' Fish On!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon May 18, 2009 10:19 pm

littlefishingbuddy wrote:I bought a Abu Garcia Olympian rod and Ambassadaur reel about a month ago from Joe's when they started selling off there stuff. Well Friday I decided to try it out on a ling and would you believe it broke on the first hook set??? I called the factory and they want me to send them the pole and a note and then $10 and if they decide it was not my fault they will replace it?? What?? If my warranty was this way I would loose customers and that is what they just did!

Scott
I have a St Croix that I paid $20 to send to them then $10 to get it back. It was a bad rod. It was peeling after only having it four months (hardly fished and it only caught a stocker trout). It seems like that is the new warranty no matter what you pay. You pay for shipping so the store doesn't have to.I have a Quantum rod and the tip eye was bad. I was told eyes (guides) are not covered.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Hal
Warrant Officer

Post by Hal » Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 am

It is too bad you guys do not have a Gander Mountain out there. You break one of their RODS, bring it back in and get a new one free, regardless of how it breaks. Ive had lamiglass, kinda spendy, broke them of a hookset, St. Croix, same thing...All RODS can be broke. Even ugly sticks.
I am the mayor of ball cap land BOW to me ...

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu May 21, 2009 6:44 am

I have a Lamiglas that I broke the tip. My fault that I broke it actually. Contacted them and they sent me a replacement for $50 and told me to keep the broken one. Replaced the tip for a couple of dollars and only lost about 1/2 inch off the length of the rod and now both my baitcasters are sporting Lamis.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 am

They don't call it 'Customer No-Service' for a reason. :scratch:

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu May 21, 2009 10:12 am

mav186 wrote:They don't call it 'Customer No-Service' for a reason. :scratch:
Am right with you there. Just seems these days you don't actually get to see true "Customer Service" very much anymore.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.