Where do you get your tackle from?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
MikeFishes
Commander

Where do you get your tackle from?

Post by MikeFishes » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Where do you guys get your gear from? I'm thinking mainly on the east side in Western WA (since that's where I am), but you are welcome to promote your favorite shop.

I find that the sporting goods stores here don't have much in the way of non-standard stuff, except GIJoes. But even GIJoes doesn't have that great of selection.

OR, do you shop online? Where?

GeryG
Warrant Officer

RE:Where do you get your tackle from?

Post by GeryG » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Your right about the selection & equipment around here, I live in Evertt, and get my supplies
from Jerrys surplus, Johns right down the road, good prices, but mostly salt water & fly fishing
gear. Gi joes is probably one of the best around here. There is a place on Hwy 99 between
164th and Lynwood, I think its called Teds, that is probably the best, for gear in this area.
I have been buying from the manufacture, if they would sell to me, have them send you a
catalog, and you can buy stuff, the stores dont carry. That way you are displaying stuff to the
fish, that they have never seen.

bpm2000
Captain

Post by bpm2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:20 pm

Mostly online, but Joes or OE if I must go retail.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Everywhere. Every time I go to a store w/ tackle I always check out that section of the store. You never know what will be on sale or in the clearance section. But my 2 favorite stores are JOEs and sportsmans warehouse. But cabela's and bass pro are great as well. At the cabela's web site they have the "bargain cave" section, and they have some good deals. Bass pro has the sale section as well. Cabelas has more all around fishing, camping trucks just all outdoor stuff. Where bass pro has mostly fishing. But they do have red head and thats there clothing brand. But I personally like cabelas better. They actually sell the bass pro catalogs at Fred Myer for $5........ dont buy them, call the company and theyll send you one for free.

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:47 pm

I usually just go to Joes. The new one in Bellevue has a pretty decent selection compared to the one in Issaquah. Counting down the days to the Cabela's Grand Opening in Lacey....

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Joes, Sportsman Warehouse, Sportco.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 pm

Sportsmans Warehouse
Tacklewarehouse.com
BassTackleDepot.com
BassProShops.com

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tcb
Warrant Officer

Post by tcb » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:13 pm

FishingFool wrote:Joes, Sportsman Warehouse, Sportco.
Sportco huh? I'll have to check that one out.

JT26
Commander

Post by JT26 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:51 pm

i go to sportsmans wherehouse in federal way because its within bike riding distance, lol. lucky to have a store like this since im a kid and have to walk, bike or take the bus.

my dad takes me to sportco only if we are getting salmon leaders for ilwaco, or if we are buying rods and reels, because they have more than sportsmans wherehouse.

trout magnet
Petty Officer

Post by trout magnet » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:22 pm

If you live in north king or south snohommish county this place is worth checking out. It was voted as one of the top ten tackle shops in the country a few years back by Field & Stream Magazine.

http://www.tedssportscenter.com/

CK14
Lieutenant

Post by CK14 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:45 pm

i don't know how ted's got voted as one of the best, i live right next to the place and never go there. the only good thing they have is mccoy.

i get my stuff online or at 3 rivers marine and angler's choice. i like these 2 local spots because they have a good selection of local small brands.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:39 am

Online - Bass Pro (www.basspro.com)
In store - I go to GI Joes at Northgate because it is close, but I don't even bother to ask any questions there - the staff I have encountered seems to be pretty clueless. My favorite store would have to be Outdoor Emporium (www.outdooremporium.net) they are near Safeco field on 4th Ave and have pretty good prices, selection and staff that seems to know what they are talking about.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:34 am

i have found that the staff at almost all the local sporting good stores only know about trout salmon and steelhead, ask them about anything else and you get a pretty good blank stare lol.

although i can say auburn sportsmarine has a excelent bass section especially for drop shots and soft platics. they also have a great selection on lucky craft lures and big name spinnerbaits and jigs. if you stop by make sure you talk to todd rock. hes a cool guy and willing to share all kinds of info on local lakes and rivers.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.