"Operation Repo"

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

"Operation Repo"

Post by The Quadfather » Mon May 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Anybody ever watch this show? I don't EVER watch TV, but tonight I'm sitting here watching this show.
It's kind of a crack-up. The guys doing the repo-ing act like they feel sorry for the people losing their cars. Then they get into all these fights with people, but later on talk about how they don't want to do any of that, "We're just here to do a job, etc." Common... they're into it.
Anyway, I don't know what it is about bad behaviour. But it is such a train wreck, you gotta watch:bounce: :bounce:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:"Operation Repo"

Post by swedefish4life1 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm

You mean Taco time and white trash gone bad :-& :cyclops: :colors: that show makes me laugh so hard it hurts the Dog my pal Woof Woof it makes his Golden globe material next to this K-mart crew:-$ and the meat head white boy who thinks he is tough the gal the tanker collector with all the tats and piercings could KO him!!!!#-o :-# LOL
Only in Amermexica:cheers: we could get such a classics, I must say yes I watched it as well a updated late night Jerry Springer on Crack!!!:-$ :cheers:

PS= Quad I would not call any of those fights:cyclopsan :eye: !!!! Blue light sales maybe #-o Fights NOT:-$ !!! LOL
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 04, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 am

I thought it was pretty funny when that skinnnnny little guy slapped meathead and took off running. Meathead could crush that little guy if he wanted to.
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue May 05, 2009 7:54 am

This show is hilarious. I used to work for a financial company in Southcenter, and my job was to go out in the field and locate cars that customers were purposely trying to hide. The adrenaline rush I would get was awesome. Some of these places these people would hide their cars and the neighborhoods were just like that show. I have been hit by a car, verbally abused, challenged to many fights and even propositioned. But, and I know the agents will agree, no car is worth your life. There is an episode where some idiots pull out some guns..unbelievable..but believable. Eventually someone will find you.
"One more......."

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I LOVE that show:cheers: Every time I watch it I can’t stop laughing. I still never got why everyone thought they could take that bald muscular dude:-k :scratch: …lol
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 pm

I personally think that it is completely and totally scripted like Bear Grills's show "Man vs. Wild" is. Fun to watch, but TOTALLY FAKE.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm

mallard83 wrote:I personally think that it is completely and totally scripted like Bear Grills's show "Man vs. Wild" is. Fun to watch, but TOTALLY FAKE.
You're joking right? I've been in the field with recovery agents, and the show, I am sure of course show the hostiles and confrontations, but is pretty much right on. And Bear, did you not see the episode where he ate that giant grub and the guts splattered everywhere? Or the trout he caught bare handed and ate? I have to ask your definition of "scripted" then.
"One more......."

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:52 pm

jens wrote:
mallard83 wrote:I personally think that it is completely and totally scripted like Bear Grills's show "Man vs. Wild" is. Fun to watch, but TOTALLY FAKE.
You're joking right? I've been in the field with recovery agents, and the show, I am sure of course show the hostiles and confrontations, but is pretty much right on. And Bear, did you not see the episode where he ate that giant grub and the guts splattered everywhere? Or the trout he caught bare handed and ate? I have to ask your definition of "scripted" then.
You obviosly did not catch the thread about Man vs. Wild awhile back. Bear Grills is a HACK and if you take his advice you WILL die in a surival situation.:-({|=

Back to Operation Repo, I do not doubt that there are a lot of bad sitiuations that repo guys get into, but I am sticking to my guns and saying totally fake. The show makes a good drama, but has bad actors.#-o

Just my .02, and I will stick to that until I actually ride along with the actual "show".:salut:[-(

Just read the disclaimers at the beginning of both shows thuroughly and that is all you should need to realize the truth if you can't figure it out by watching.:thumleft:
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 06, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Relax guys big group hugs:-$ Trash and bash just TV:-& :-#

someguyseattle
Petty Officer

Post by someguyseattle » Thu May 07, 2009 8:28 am

You obviosly did not catch the thread about Man vs. Wild awhile back. Bear Grills is a HACK and if you take his advice you WILL die in a surival situation.:-({|=

I'd love to get pointed to that thread. A quick search didn't turn it up for me.

I'm with the Bear Grills = Hack crowd. He does stuff that's just plain stupid and obviously done just for the cameras. "I've just built a flimsy raft to try to float across an icy river for no good reason, my raft fell apart, I had to swim for shore, and now I'm going to get naked and do pushups. Then I'm going to eat a raw fish. Again." Wha?#-o

In a real survival situation, he'd be toast from taking WAY too many stupid chances and risks. Also, he goes with a full on crew and the crew admittedly helps him do stuff. I will give him credit for one thing - he's very good at starting fires without matches.

Survivorman. Far superior in my opinion.
The fish. They are laughing at me. Can you hear them?

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu May 07, 2009 9:30 am

Well i worked for Ford Motor Credit for 6 years before coming out here to WA . The dept i worked in was call Loss Prevention dept . If a customer was more than two months behind on there car payments it was my job to get that person to pay or shedule a repo request . With that being said i contracted repo men in three diffrent states to pick our cars . Talk about crazy repo stories , man i have heard many ..lol The one that i will never forget is down in Georgia , the repo man had spoted this guys ford expedition that he had been looing for for like over a month . Turns out the guy happen to be a well know drug dealer in that area . Allow me to paint to scene based on what i was told . He said he drove down this one street commonly called "crack lane" . The repo guy said he spotted the truck in the driveway , well there was about 7-9 guys standing outside (proberly strapped) there was two pitbulls in the front yard and the man who drove the truck was sitting there leaning on it while drinking beer and smoking wacky tobbacky ..lol

So the repo guy said he just backed his truck in the driveway and lowered the lift system under the guys truck . He said once he jumped out the truck he went to grad the chain to make his final hook-up to the dudes truck . Well thats when the things got crazy . He said one of the guys ran over to him and punched him in the face , he said after he fell to the ground the guy who owned the truck grab the chain and started to beat the repo guy .

He said after he took a few hit from the chain he rolled under his truck to protect himself , he said that when someone released the dogs and they were trying to get under the truck to bite him . He said the only thing that save his life was the fact that he had his cell phone in his pocket , so he called 911 while lying under the truck . He said it took about 15 min for the cops to show up . During the wait time he also mention that one guy kept swinging the chain under the truck tring to hit him .

Well cops showed up and everyone runs off , the cop had to end up shooting one the dogs . I talked repo guy about 30 min after this happen because he called in to report that he got our truck . Thats when he explained evrything that took place . Well just as a FYI Ford only paid these guys $150.00 for every car that they repo for us . So yea this guy took that beating and almost lost his life for $150.00 .

I felt bad about the deal so i call the repo company owner and had a chat with him the next day about the situation . Come to find out from the owner is that he fired this guy that day . I ask why ? . He said that he found out that his driver had been getting crack from the drugdealer and in exchange he wouldnt repo his truck . Once he drugdealer said no more crack thats when he put back on his work cap and repo'd the dudes truck .

There is always TWO SIDES to every story !! :-({|=

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu May 07, 2009 9:53 am

I am with you guys, I prefer to watch Les(survivorman) than Bear....and regarding Operation fake repo- I read the disclaimer, and read some episodes are reinactments? I am disappointed and feel ripped off. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I wonder how the REAL recovery agents feel about this show..
Group hugs.
"One more......."

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu May 07, 2009 9:58 am

Bigbass Dez wrote:Well i worked for Ford Motor Credit for 6 years before coming out here to WA . The dept i worked in was call Loss Prevention dept . If a customer was more than two months behind on there car payments it was my job to get that person to pay or shedule a repo request . With that being said i contracted repo men in three diffrent states to pick our cars . Talk about crazy repo stories , man i have heard many ..lol The one that i will never forget is down in Georgia , the repo man had spoted this guys ford expedition that he had been looing for for like over a month . Turns out the guy happen to be a well know drug dealer in that area . Allow me to paint to scene based on what i was told . He said he drove down this one street commonly called "crack lane" . The repo guy said he spotted the truck in the driveway , well there was about 7-9 guys standing outside (proberly strapped) there was two pitbulls in the front yard and the man who drove the truck was sitting there leaning on it while drinking beer and smoking wacky tobbacky ..lol

So the repo guy said he just backed his truck in the driveway and lowered the lift system under the guys truck . He said once he jumped out the truck he went to grad the chain to make his final hook-up to the dudes truck . Well thats when the things got crazy . He said one of the guys ran over to him and punched him in the face , he said after he fell to the ground the guy who owned the truck grab the chain and started to beat the repo guy .

He said after he took a few hit from the chain he rolled under his truck to protect himself , he said that when someone released the dogs and they were trying to get under the truck to bite him . He said the only thing that save his life was the fact that he had his cell phone in his pocket , so he called 911 while lying under the truck . He said it took about 15 min for the cops to show up . During the wait time he also mention that one guy kept swinging the chain under the truck tring to hit him .

Well cops showed up and everyone runs off , the cop had to end up shooting one the dogs . I talked repo guy about 30 min after this happen because he called in to report that he got our truck . Thats when he explained evrything that took place . Well just as a FYI Ford only paid these guys $150.00 for every car that they repo for us . So yea this guy took that beating and almost lost his life for $150.00 .

I felt bad about the deal so i call the repo company owner and had a chat with him the next day about the situation . Come to find out from the owner is that he fired this guy that day . I ask why ? . He said that he found out that his driver had been getting crack from the drugdealer and in exchange he wouldnt repo his truck . Once he drugdealer said no more crack thats when he put back on his work cap and repo'd the dudes truck .

There is always TWO SIDES to every story !! :-({|=
I believe we held the same position! I used to work for WFS Financial now Wachovia..I had some idiot hit me with his car in Lynnwood. Cops were all over his butt..My best story BBD is after locating a vehicle, I blocked the car. The tow company was an hour away..Well, I was starving...So I ordered a pizza and had it delivered to me!
"One more......."

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Thu May 07, 2009 10:17 am

Operation Repo is based on a Spanish language program, Operacion Repo shown on Telemundo since November 2006. It follows a repossession team from the San Fernando Valley in California as they "re-enact" the repossession of vehicles ordered for recovery by finance companies because of the owners' failure to make their loan repayments. Some of the actors on the team are or were former repossession agents in real life. The show is described as being "Reality TV", however, the show consists of scripted reenactments where the team is often confronted by incidents with over the top reactions from the debtors.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:17 am

PS = I would face that Bald Muscular guy:-$ and make him my huckleberry.

Even staged his feet are a mess/balance as well for fighting he ducks his head charging in #-o and has very short arms a prime Victim For The Swede Bamboo Shampoo:viking: 8-[

Way too tight to be a fighter[-( looks good stagedo:) real life Lets Dance](*,) :thumleft: lol

Morpheous words not needed:compress: just will tell you this it will not be dancing with that Stars:cyclopsan well maybe one:eye:
Attachments
l1.jpg
l1.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 1957 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 07, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu May 07, 2009 11:26 am

NO NO NO I'm covering my ears (and eyes). It's all TRUE and it's all REAL! :^o

well, anyway, its all entertaining.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Morpheous
Petty Officer

Post by Morpheous » Thu May 07, 2009 11:40 am

swedefish4life1 wrote:I would face that Bald Muscular guy:-$ and make him my huckleberry.
Hmmm... I dont really know what to say to that. :scratch:

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Morpheous wrote:
swedefish4life1 wrote:I would face that Bald Muscular guy:-$ and make him my huckleberry.
Hmmm... I dont really know what to say to that. :scratch:
"Tombstone", great movie.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Fri May 08, 2009 6:46 pm

jens wrote:I am with you guys, I prefer to watch Les(survivorman) than Bear....and regarding Operation fake repo- I read the disclaimer, and read some episodes are reinactments? I am disappointed and feel ripped off. Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I wonder how the REAL recovery agents feel about this show..
Group hugs.
Les has great advice, Bear can suck a lemon. What I was trying to convey about Operation Repo is that it is acted out, NOT that the situations have never happened to real repo guys before. I know that the repo guys go through a lot but the show is purely ment for entertainment. I even saw a "wire"/mic. on one of the people being repo'ed in one episode. Dead giveaway!

No hard feelings, I just get irrittated with some of these "reality" shows.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun May 10, 2009 12:01 pm

I can't do any reality TV. Period. Arm chair commentary is just that. I feel sorry for both the repo man and the person having their stuff repoed, the process has no place on TV in my opinion. Neither one is a victim, both have put themselves in their respective roles and no one has forced them to do it. We all pick our lifestyles and our jobs and live our lives the way we've chosen.
As for the survival TV.......... nothing more than a show...... If you've been there you know, if not, go live it and learn.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!