Anyone caught a musky or pike yet this spring?

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
cole
Angler

RE:Anyone caught a musky or pike yet this spring?

Post by cole » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:00 pm

Caught a little guy bass fishing on Tapps saturday!

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 pm

jigman wrote:Got my 2nd of the season this morning.
What was the specs of your fish Jigman?

jigman
Petty Officer

Post by jigman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 pm

31 incher caught on a figure 8 at the boat first thing in the morning. Beautiful fish, every fin was perfect and very cool markings!

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Pictures jigman? You know we are all anxious to see, lol.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

jigman
Petty Officer

Post by jigman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Took 2 pics, they are still in the camera!

phil cogley
Petty Officer

Post by phil cogley » Sun May 03, 2009 9:43 am

I caught a 45" 22" girth pike on cda lake last friday on a spoon.
Attachments
big_pike.JPG
big_pike.JPG (343.85 KiB) Viewed 2527 times

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:05 am

NOW THATS A TOAD:-$ :cyclopsan

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

What about the PO River, I haven't heard about pike there yet this season.

I have heard of one From Seven Bays and one from Porcipine Bay of Lake Roosevelt and the Spokane Arm including a few from Lake Spokane (Long) early last month.
Well its not called Catching!

phil cogley
Petty Officer

Post by phil cogley » Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 pm

I was on PO River Thursday and caught 8 pike. just find the warmest water. Fear No Fish

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun May 03, 2009 8:44 pm

We fished PO River Friday-Sunday. Friday we fished for pike for a couple hours and got one, most of our time was spent just cruising around finding structure that will hopefully be flooded soon. Sat and Sun we fished the Bassin Assasin smallmouth tourney on the other side of Box Canyon and during the tourney we got about an 8lb pike while crankin for smallies. On our way home Sunday we stopped and launched again in cusick and hit that stretch of river for about 2 hours. Nobody we talked to had caught any fish, bass or pike. I got one decent pike and should have had a pretty good one if I was paying attention. We spent most of our time in one area flipping for bass though, caught 5 in about an hour. The fishing is slow, most people are using bait. I have been throwing only lures and have got more than the people I have seen and talked to throwing bait. Water temps are coming up but the water level isn't a whole lot. When the water gets high and we get some hot weather it should be fun.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Let me refrase the PO river comment, I hadn't heard of any being caught in Washington stretch of the river. I know they were catching them up river from Newport.

I am glad to here that they are catching a few up there. We are talking about giving it a try up there soon. But there are so many places and fish we whant to go after and not enough time or money.

I have a friend that does very well on Lake spokane (long). He exclusivley uses dead fish (mostly smelt, his favorite I won't mention because it is illeagle) under a bobber and he keeps every fish he catches. Most of his fish come from Paridise Cove and the Islands across from TumTum. He has caught them up near Nine Mile but its a bit far for him and his boat.

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Mon May 04, 2009 2:44 pm

phil cogley wrote:I caught a 45" 22" girth pike on cda lake last friday on a spoon.
Heck of a fish Phil!! Too bad you didn't get that during the Pend Orielle Pike tournament (different body of water just a week too late). Did you let that beast go!? Dang I am so jealous. What kind of spoon was it?

phil cogley
Petty Officer

Post by phil cogley » Mon May 04, 2009 3:24 pm

yes I let her go, and I'm taking donations to get a relica made. I was using a 3/4 oz daredevil. Fear No Fish

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 05, 2009 7:42 am

Nice job Phil, I'm hoping to get a pike even half that length,I'll be on CD'A for several days in less then
2 weeks. That photo just gets me more amped up.

spadam98
Petty Officer

Post by spadam98 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 am

I fished the PO River on friday for about 5 or 6 hours we ran into Gone Fishin at the launch very nice guy thanks for the help and pointing us in the right direction he got me on my first Pike it was about 30 inches thowing a yellow spinnerbait. The only other fish of the day was a 19 inch brown trout caught on a rapala. Cant wait to get back out to try for more pike. ps the pike was released to fight another day my father in law has the pic waiting for him to email it to me then ill post it.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Tue May 05, 2009 4:04 pm

O.K I am reading about people catching fish out there especially PO R but I shure don't see very many reports posted in reports!
:batman: :spiderman
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 05, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Wed May 06, 2009 9:46 am

I geuss I should explain I don't exactly agree with old man Norris aout him keeping all his Pike nor do I agree with all his fishing methods. But, I am not going to argue with an old man either.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Wed May 06, 2009 9:06 pm

I havent posted any reports in a while. I have seen what has happened in the past when people post lots of reports with fish. My buddy and I hit rock lake a lot in march and were posting reports as well as another angler or 2. Pretty soon the launch had 45 rigs parked there! at rock lake! The article on it didnt help either. This year I have already seen more boats on the PO river than I saw ALL of last year! I am just hesitant about posting reports anymore. I dont mind talking about it in here where it is read by a more exclusive group of fisherman. It is still open to the public but is read by mostly esox minded fishermen... and women. I dont mind sharing with most of you.

eustace
Lieutenant

Post by eustace » Mon May 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Saturday finally, I caught my first Pike on the POR and the first time I actually caught one in washington waters while targeting them. I have caught a couple of small ones and lost a monster in Lake Spokane while Bass fishing back in the summer of 98.

That fish was 39'' I don't know about the girth, it was fat. Any guess what it might have wieghed. I released the fish even though it's mouth was pretty mangled from completly inhaling my little rippin minnow. They are a very hardy fish.

I am spending this holiday weekend up there fishing like crazy. I am hooked, line and sinker, it was a kick in the ass!