Fishing Riffe Lake on sunday

An area to discuss your Bassin' adventures.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Fishing Riffe Lake on sunday

Post by R0cky23 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:56 am

Hey I will be heading to Riffe Lake tomorrow with a friend. Even though it is opening weekend I am hopping that there will be mostly trout fishing going on so hopefully it will leave all the bass for me :cheers: lol. Anyway I have never fished there so I checked out the reports but I also wanted to ask for some tips. It would be very much appreciated thanks. :cheers:
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

RE:Fishing Riffe Lake on sunday

Post by R0cky23 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Change of plans we are heading to lake kapowson and maybe lake Ohop any advise?
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

"My momma said that life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get".
-Forrest Gump

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:11 pm

The bass are stacked in close to the reeds and trees at Rapjohn right now. They're hitting black and blue jigs dragged across the bottom SLOWLY. I sneaked out there for a few hours this afternoon and they're biting good even though it was cold and windy.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

R0cky23
Warrant Officer

Post by R0cky23 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm

GGRRRR went to Kapowson on Sunday and caught nothing:thumbdown but then we headed to Rapjohn and it was PACKED with trout fisherman. Any way I threw some black and blue jigs in the weeds but nothing then some senkos and stuffand still nothing:thumbdown . However it was a beautiful day there was three offspring’s flying around and diving in the water taking all the fish lol and very fun to go fishing with my friend.:thumleft:
-Rocky Balboa

"Age ain't nothin"
-Rocky Balboa

-Forrest Gump

Anyfish
Petty Officer

Post by Anyfish » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 pm

should have went to riffe? I been looking for some riffe reports before heading out there.
84 Bass Tracker 17' V
72 EV Lark 50

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:11 pm

R0cky23 wrote:GGRRRR went to Kapowson on Sunday and caught nothing:thumbdown but then we headed to Rapjohn and it was PACKED with trout fisherman. Any way I threw some black and blue jigs in the weeds but nothing then some senkos and stuffand still nothing:thumbdown . However it was a beautiful day there was three offspring’s flying around and diving in the water taking all the fish lol and very fun to go fishing with my friend.:thumleft:
Kapowsin can be a very tough lake but trust me...there are some big bass in here.
I've never fished for bass at Rapjohn,I'd like to try that out soon.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:42 pm

I've seen pictures of huge bass caught at kapowsin, but all i've caught is trout, ducks, and geese :P

big trout and geese though.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:05 am

We will be having our June Fish-In for the Puget Sound Float Tube Club at Kapowsin on June 13th or 20th. With all the lakes in that area we will be hitting alot of water that weekend.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:We will be having our June Fish-In for the Puget Sound Float Tube Club at Kapowsin on June 13th or 20th. With all the lakes in that area we will be hitting alot of water that weekend.
I think Andy's boat launch is basically closed now isn't it? That gives me an instant location for fishing bass since I know it's basically untouched....

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Dustin07 wrote:
Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:We will be having our June Fish-In for the Puget Sound Float Tube Club at Kapowsin on June 13th or 20th. With all the lakes in that area we will be hitting alot of water that weekend.
I think Andy's boat launch is basically closed now isn't it? That gives me an instant location for fishing bass since I know it's basically untouched....
most boat launches are actually good spots because of the boats, they stir up lots of silt, bugs and plankton which brings in all types of fish to feed.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Float tubing on Kapowsin ? I think I said the same thing last year, thats scary. I hate kicking around and then all of a sudden your foot runs into something. Call me a sissy lol. Good luck out there, its a tough lake.
aka Powerworm

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri May 01, 2009 6:24 am

ChrisB wrote:Float tubing on Kapowsin ? I think I said the same thing last year, thats scary. I hate kicking around and then all of a sudden your foot runs into something. Call me a sissy lol. Good luck out there, its a tough lake.
OK,..Chris you're a SISSY,..LOL!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Fri May 01, 2009 6:32 am

HAHA, its even worse when the object you kick into is a stump larger around than your tube. [-( :thumbdown
aka Powerworm

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri May 01, 2009 6:38 am

You can just use the top of that stump as a casting platform ... see bass boats have nothing on a tube ... LOL!!!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Fri May 01, 2009 9:03 am

ChrisB wrote:Float tubing on Kapowsin ? I think I said the same thing last year, thats scary. I hate kicking around and then all of a sudden your foot runs into something. Call me a sissy lol. Good luck out there, its a tough lake.
That's not scary. What's scary is when you're sitting in Kapowsin and your tube is suddenly surrounded by a thousand rising gas bubbles and you say to yourself "If that wasn't me that just farted, what is down there to make THAT many bubbles??"

Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 am

OMG! Thats awesome...lets go to Kapowsin:clown: And to think...I thought I was only running into stumps