Opening Day: Where are you gonna be????

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Drumdog
Petty Officer

RE:Opening Day: Where are you gonna be????

Post by Drumdog » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Westport charter boat....bangin the bottom!
If I had to do it over again.....I would have caught a bigger one!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I heard its open season on Swedes.Got to release the native Swedes but the smaller cupcake ones are legal game.Where ever y'all go this weekend be extremely carefull .Have a great time.G-d be with you all.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Coastfishin wrote:I'll be at work:-({|= If I fish after work or on Sunday it will be a year round lake that dosen't see opening day pressure!:cheers:
I know that lake, :-" :-" And I'll be there between 9:00-10:00 HA.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 pm

I will be camping down at Mt. Rainier. Still don't see how you guys do this. Overgrown farm ponds, bank to bank boats, a bunch of hand fed trout. I don't see the magnicance of this event. But I wasn't raised here. Go get em...
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

Gotcha
Petty Officer

Post by Gotcha » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Ahh, I'll most likely get spending opening day at home. The weather over here on the east side isn't going to be the greatest plus I've still got a cast on my right hand.

I'll still have plenty of time to hit it after the hand is all healed up.
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden

big fish lite line
Commander

Post by big fish lite line » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Overgrown farm ponds, bank to bank boats, a bunch of hand fed trout. I don't see the magnicance of this event. But I wasn't raised here. Go get em...
I used to think that same thing but once you get out their and catch 20 trout in a few hours its hard not to come back next year. also its more of a social thing for me cause practically half the town goes. don't get me wrong I'd rather be up in a secluded mt. lake but you take what you get...

I'm fishing at heart lake in skagit county
hurdle the dead and trample the weak

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Anywhere but a lake that opens on the 25th, I despise opening day and the zoo that comes with it. We'll be at Roosevelt just like last year. No crowds, good company, and nice fishing.:cheers:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:37 pm

will be volunteering my day off by cleaning and building a better camp dartlow through my work. Then I'll be reading the new post on here about "opening weekend nightmares" :rambo:

Jsmooth
Petty Officer

Post by Jsmooth » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Opening day, #-o I'll pass on that headache. But I will be hitting West Medical on the following Tues. in AM hours. No crowd, no traffic, no worries. My 8 yr old has finnaly got the courage to go on the boat w/ daddy, WOOT!

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 am

I will be in the seep lakes looking for Walleye and Smallmouth.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

Bassmaster3000
Petty Officer

Post by Bassmaster3000 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:19 am

I will be fishing clear lake on saturday, and then fish lake on sunday. I have been waiting all year to go to fish lake, but with the way the weather is lookin' over here, rain and cloudy, I wanna' get out on clear lake and throw some spinnerbaits for some 6LB bucketmouths!!!! woooooooo!!!!!!
AKA: J-Dawg

Who need's goldbacks or silverbacks? I'll take BRONZEBACKS!!!
BASSMASTER YOUTH MEMBER
REMEMBER TO CATCH AND REALEASE!!!!!!!

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 am

kevinb wrote:I'll more than likely do the Tapps thing. I try to stay away from the opening day crowds.
Same here, We have Codys baseball pics and a game that morning then running to Cabelas for lunch and shopping.

We'll be hitting Tapps at first light Sunday morning.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:38 am

I'll be at Wapato, Rosa...... anywhere I can find a little sun. :compress: I need to burn some of the moss off.....
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:35 am

RaMcVey wrote:
kevinb wrote:I'll more than likely do the Tapps thing. I try to stay away from the opening day crowds.
Same here, We have Codys baseball pics and a game that morning then running to Cabelas for lunch and shopping.

We'll be hitting Tapps at first light Sunday morning.
Good luck on Sunday. I'm still somewhat kicking around the idea of Tanwax on Opening Day...Not something I usually
do and I'm not ready to fight for fishing holes and truck/boat parking but I've been wanting to get the family out here
over some perch,crappie,bass....whichever for a long time,basically from the time it closed. So what 'em I saying?...
I have no idea yet...probably Tapps on Saturday.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:21 pm

hewesfisher wrote:Anywhere but a lake that opens on the 25th, I despise opening day and the zoo that comes with it. We'll be at Roosevelt just like last year. No crowds, good company, and nice fishing.:cheers:
You a walleye guy by any chance?
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Joe Heater wrote:You a walleye guy by any chance?
A walleye guy wanna be. I only catch them through dumb luck. :-"

I joined the Spokane Walleye Club last month hoping I might learn something from them, time will tell.:-$
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

flippinfool
Commander

Post by flippinfool » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:51 pm

:shaking2:
RaMcVey wrote:

We'll be hitting Tapps at first light Sunday morning.[/quote :bball: U GUYS WANT IT WE'LL BRING IT BEHOLD MINI FLIPIN JR AND 1/45th scale ultra mini flipette!!!!!!:compress: :compress: :compress: :cyclopsan :cyclopsan 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

dave g
Warrant Officer

Post by dave g » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:55 pm

we'll be at rufus this opener. it'll be the first real fishing trip in the new (well, new to me) smokercraft i picked up this spring. we were there a few weeks ago and did a little fishing getting the bugs out of her, but it was more a pleasure cruise than fishin trip really. hoping to do a little better this trip, but it's all good, And, there won't be opening day zoo as i foresee in the newly opening lakes.
fishing may not be life, but it's a great alternative

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:50 pm

I think I will be at Ludlow Lake over in Jefferson County.Friend of mine turned me on to that lake last year. So I thought I would hit it up.If not that maybe Horseshoe Lake in Kitsap County.Be careful out there and tight lines.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:40 am

I'll do the deal. Tradition. And you know what I like about it....I see WAY more people involved in fishing than any other time. YES, it can be a pain, and not so attractive to the more experienced anglers, but let's take a step back, and think about the whole picture. This is the SUPER BOWL of WA State fishing. The MASTERS, the WORLD SERIES. Do you know what people pay for advertising during the SUPER BOWL? Even though some of us despise it, you can't argue it is a great stage to promote fishing, involvement, and conservation. Whether it's trout, bass, walleye, halibut....let's catch some fish! I'm sure I'll be chatting with many Sat., clean water and kids all the way!!

(PS....yes, I will be collecting Power Bait from the windy side of the lakes and reselling it as "rainbow color" for $2 a jar...:clown: )
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....