Opening Day: Where are you gonna be????

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
SmokinAces
Petty Officer

Opening Day: Where are you gonna be????

Post by SmokinAces » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Hey guys, just thought that with the April 25th opener around the corner where are you guys gonna be? I'll be at either Padden or Toad for opening day. Where will you guys be? It would be nice to meet some new members out on the the lake for a laugh or two. Let us all know.... I sure plenty of people on this site would love to see what everyone else is up to!!!!!!

Suggestions Welcome!!!
Pressin' Fish On!

Coastfishin
Commander

RE:Opening Day: Where are you gonna be????

Post by Coastfishin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm

I'll be at work:-({|= If I fish after work or on Sunday it will be a year round lake that dosen't see opening day pressure!:cheers:

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:34 pm

I will tell u guys I don't miss opening day :-" All our waters are pretty much open year around here:cheers: But I will miss all the fun time I would have been having at Offut's opener derby:-& Well WL should represent out there for the derby:bounce:

Jens????????
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Going to the Half Price Books warehouse sale in the AM with my wife and her girlfriend from work, then doing yardwork all afternoon. On Sunday I'm hitting my favorite secret spot to see if the bass are gettin' hungry there yet.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

daveenlola
Petty Officer

Post by daveenlola » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:22 pm

I will be fishing the seep lakes south of the potholes for the first time, Any suggestions?

crankbait42
Commander

Post by crankbait42 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Lake wilderness for me. Go out almost every year for the derby, pretty crazy but fun.

bassmasterderek
Commander

Post by bassmasterderek » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Usually I walk the kids down to our dock on the lake. It gets so packed on opening day but we fish from our dock and still catch a limit. This year I will spend opening weekend at black lake for our club tournament!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Fishing Soda Lake and the Seeps Lakes from thursday through sunday with family and friends. Also a funeral thrown in for good measure, I will be asking my long time girlfriend to make me an honest man.#-o :-({|= :shaking2:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 pm

fishaholictaz wrote:I will tell u guys I don't miss opening day :-" All our waters are pretty much open year around here:cheers: But I will miss all the fun time I would have been having at Offut's opener derby:-& Well WL should represent out there for the derby:bounce:

Jens????????
Lol- maybe..I am not much of a crowd fighter, but I definitely would like to wet my line here or Mineral. :bounce: :bounce:
"One more......."

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:55 pm

jens wrote:
fishaholictaz wrote:I will tell u guys I don't miss opening day :-" All our waters are pretty much open year around here:cheers: But I will miss all the fun time I would have been having at Offut's opener derby:-& Well WL should represent out there for the derby:bounce:

Jens????????
Lol- maybe..I am not much of a crowd fighter, but I definitely would like to wet my line here or Mineral. :bounce: :bounce:

Our favorite boat wrangler will be fishing at Mineral:-"
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:56 pm

I'll be at Pine. My neighbor has private lake access so no fighting the crowds.
I won't kill anything less than a meal

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Lake Washington for me and one other.Throw spoons off the piers.Maybe take the toon out if weather is nice.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm going to be pounding my pillow and sleeping late on opening day. Being retired has its benefits and one of them is not having to deal with opening day crowds.
Life's short - fish hard!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm

I'll more than likely do the Tapps thing. I try to stay away from the opening day crowds(weekend warriors)
But I'm really eager to get out on Tanwax,my son and I went out there today just to check it out and
I began filling my head with dreams of catching crappie. Tanwax=awesome crappie...great fish to get kids
hooked on fishing too.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 pm

SmokinAces wrote:Hey guys, just thought that with the April 25th opener around the corner where are you guys gonna be? I'll be at either Padden or Toad for opening day. Where will you guys be? It would be nice to meet some new members out on the the lake for a laugh or two. Let us all know.... I sure plenty of people on this site would love to see what everyone else is up to!!!!!!

Suggestions Welcome!!!
Hands down, this year's pick is tanwax. Got the boat, the gear, and the grandkids all but ready. 18000 bows of typical size, about 500 brooders, and about 480 trips should make an exciting day for the wee ones.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:12 pm

I hope and Pray alive:-$ :cheers: looking at every gift left!
Ps= and Stampies stringer for Kids:cyclopsan :chef: =d>

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 am

If i choose to deal with opening day i will be out on pine going for the big boys.

blufin loui
Lieutenant

Post by blufin loui » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:12 pm

mallard83 wrote:Fishing Soda Lake and the Seeps Lakes from thursday through sunday with family and friends. Also a funeral thrown in for good measure, I will be asking my long time girlfriend to make me an honest man.#-o :-({|= :shaking2:
Good luck (fun times and lots of fish) on the fishing with family and friends, condolences on the funeral, AND congrats on the asking the girlfriend. Best wishes to you and yours.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:16 pm

I will be around the house most of the weekend getting things done that should have been done. But may head out late on Sunday if I get the chance. Good luck to everyone that heads out and be safe on the water!!!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

relfen
Angler

Post by relfen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm not entirely sure yet, but I'll likely check out Pine.