Joes - Outdoor store's Closing Lots of great clearence stuff

Have extra equipment just lying around? Need a larger boat or want to sell your current one? Post an ad in our Classifieds forum for swift results. Please, private parties only, no businesses (business please e-mail WL.com for advertising options.
surenough
Petty Officer

Joes - Outdoor store's Closing Lots of great clearence stuff

Post by surenough » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:06 pm

I stopped by Joes in Lynnwood at 196th and hwy 99 today, picked up some tackle, only 10% off BUT they have other depts for camping etc at up to 30% off. Just though I would share the info saved a little of money today. They are selling out fairly quckly on their fishing stuff.

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

RE:Joes - Outdoor store's Closing Lots of great clearence stuff

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:44 am

Do you know if that store is closing?
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 am

SnohoBassGuy wrote:Do you know if that store is closing?
If it's a Joe's store, it's closing - all inventories have been liquidated by order of bankruptcy court. There is no more Joes after the liquidation sale is completed.

I can't believe people are going this crazy over 10 measly percent off. That's not even a real sale. 10% basically covers the sales tax. People are stupid hehe....
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

surenough
Petty Officer

Post by surenough » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 am

Not going crazy just letting people know, save a dime you know? Hopefully it will be more soon, if not saving the sales tax is fine with me. People arnt that stupid just thrifty.

ChrisB
Captain

Post by ChrisB » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:43 am

The prices were better before the liquidation. Remember the save 30% off coupons when you buy one item, and all the great deals in the ad ? Yup, no ad anymore. 10% off regular prices on fishing tackle, big whoop. Now 30% off in other areas sounds ok, but the fishing tackle 10% is a rip. I did find a lucky craft "rattle trap" marked down to $6.99, couldn't pass that up.
aka Powerworm

surenough
Petty Officer

Post by surenough » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:47 am

No big deal then, just thought I would pass the info around.

AaronE
Commander

Post by AaronE » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 am

surenough wrote:Not going crazy just letting people know, save a dime you know? Hopefully it will be more soon, if not saving the sales tax is fine with me. People arnt that stupid just thrifty.

If people were that thrifty, they would know that liquidation prices always revert up to distribution prices, then get marked to 10% off, then fall every 20 days or so until the liquidation company is losing money. Once Gordon Brothers sees no more immediate profit, they'll cut everything to 40-70% off just to cut their losses. Based on what I saw on day 1 at the Kirkland store, GB is making serious bank off this deal. I drive right by that store on my way home from work every day, and the lot has been full every day since last Friday. If that many people shopped at Joes on a regular basis, they wouldn't be going out of business hehe....
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:28 am

ChrisB wrote:The prices were better before the liquidation. Remember the save 30% off coupons when you buy one item, and all the great deals in the ad ? Yup, no ad anymore. 10% off regular prices on fishing tackle, big whoop. Now 30% off in other areas sounds ok, but the fishing tackle 10% is a rip. I did find a lucky craft "rattle trap" marked down to $6.99, couldn't pass that up.
The Tackle they stock isn't all that great anyways,.but I will be there today for some camping gear!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:25 pm

yep, I stopped in a few days ago but walked out with nothing. The tackle is over priced to begin with so at 10% off it might knock it down enough for a going rate price.

kingcatcher
Petty Officer

Post by kingcatcher » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:44 pm

i shop at joes a lot so im bumed its going out of bussiness i also have no money to go buy some tying material:-({|=

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Stopped by Joes in Renton today,..their sale isn't all that great,..not sure if it ever will be,..I did pick up a couple more Jigs at a good price $2.49,..some air compressor fittings,..truck mats,..spent $30.00. Everything is still way high,..I was looking at a Pedestal for my Toon and the same one is sold at Walmart for about $10.00 less at an everyday price. Camping Gear is priced way cheaper at Walmart for the same brand,..oh well!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Ditch Pickler
Lieutenant

Post by Ditch Pickler » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm

BassinBomber wrote: The Tackle they stock isn't all that great anyways,.but I will be there today for some camping gear!

BB
i wouldnt spend a $1 on tackle at joes hahaha
My only enemy is my inner me -Lupe Fiasco

You can take the angler out the Hood,but you can't take the Hood out the angler! -basstradamus

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Basstradamus wrote:
BassinBomber wrote: The Tackle they stock isn't all that great anyways,.but I will be there today for some camping gear!

BB
i wouldnt spend a $1 on tackle at joes hahaha
Crazy guy you are PINOY!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:00 pm

I go to joes for my yamamotos and hooks, etc... they have good brands, but I definitely wont go until I hear about percentages of 30% or more.
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Prices will remain the same (or higher) for a few days, wait until they start looking to slash prices and offer sales as they try and finish up liquidating their inventory...Selection might be low...

Sad to see GI Joes go. Lots of good stuff in those stores. I shop there a lot and not just for fishing gear.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

surenough
Petty Officer

Post by surenough » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

The great Joe's debate, see what newbies start? Should have kept my mouth shut.....lol oh well. You all are right though, ill wait to go back in and spend a couple more bones there. The do have some good tackle, I don't know why they wouldn't. Aren't buzz bombs good, point wilson etc?

gian
Warrant Officer

Post by gian » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 pm

I went by the one in issaquah today and picked up some tennis shoes for a good deal. The camping supplies and fishing gear are still not much of a bargin, but when they do decide to offer better discounts that place will probably clear out fast. I'm going to hold out till the 30-50% sign wavers hit the streets.

On another note, I went into the big 5 sporting goods store to see what they had. That will probably be the closest store for me now which is sad. I pretty much had the store in my tackle box already, so I didn't get anything. Ebay here I come!
I won't kill anything less than a meal

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 pm

I think that their Tackle overall is good but their "Bass-Tackle" leaves much 2 be desired,..if you're in the hunt for other species though, you're probly in business!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

surenough
Petty Officer

Post by surenough » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 pm

BassinBomber wrote:I think that their Tackle overall is good but their "Bass-Tackle" leaves much 2 be desired,..if you're in the hunt for other species though, you're probly in business!

BB
sweet thats what got me confused, im new and learing thats why i was thrown off by that comment. im learning how to fish for salmon so there is definatly a lot to learn

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:28 pm

surenough wrote:
BassinBomber wrote:I think that their Tackle overall is good but their "Bass-Tackle" leaves much 2 be desired,..if you're in the hunt for other species though, you're probly in business!

BB
sweet thats what got me confused, im new and learing thats why i was thrown off by that comment. im learning how to fish for salmon so there is definatly a lot to learn
For Salmon and Trout,..I think that they'll have ALL you'll need and then some,..for Bass-Gear though local places like Auburn Sports Marine and Three Rivers Marine are your best bet unless you want 2 spend online with Tackle Warehouse and Bass Pro Shops and others. I try and spend and support locally but sometimes it's more convenient 2 shop online!!

BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"